test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantment use and gearing

jpnolejpnole Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am playing level 25 CW and I need some advice about using enchantments. It seems like they drop pretty generously. However, once applied, the cost to remove them is high so it makes more sense to buy its replacement. However, the cost to buy them is still too high to justify considering how fast you out level the gear. I thought about just skipping them altogether and instead hoard and fuse them up so that I can have rank 7s when I reach end game.

How are you all using enchantments and can someone give me some good advice on how I should be using them? Should I just say screw it and use them as I get them and not focus so much on saving them for fusing?
Post edited by jpnole on

Comments

• Options
    terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    below level 60 I wouldn't bother trying to recover enchantments unless you have something really special. For example I do keep retrieving my greycloak legacy enchantment... but in general I just sell the items with enchants in them and stuck a new enchant in the next thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I figured that out the hard way also. You level so fast you are pulling them out to often, I have wasted over 200,000 diamonds just doing that in 2 days. Not worth it until level 60. They drop like candy on Halloween anyway.
    Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
  • Options
    coldblazecoldblaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I never complain about the Zen store but having to pay AD to replace enchantments seems a bit underhanded. I could justify it if I wanted to pull out the old enchantment to keep.

Because of this less-than-stellar mechanic, I only use what I find. I never buy them. The expense is just too great to pull them out for replacement. I just wait until I get a better piece of equipment and put the better enchantment in that new piece.
    6.jpg
  • Options
    lsyalsya Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    below level 60 I wouldn't bother trying to recover enchantments unless you have something really special. For example I do keep retrieving my greycloak legacy enchantment... but in general I just sell the items with enchants in them and stuck a new enchant in the next thing.

That's what I'm doing as well. I used to pull them out and realized it was a waste of AD.
    L'sya Raiya
  • Options
    proqludumproqludum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 83
    edited May 2013
    coldblaze wrote: »
    I never complain about the Zen store but having to pay AD to replace enchantments seems a bit underhanded. I could justify it if I wanted to pull out the old enchantment to keep.

Because of this less-than-stellar mechanic, I only use what I find. I never buy them. The expense is just too great to pull them out for replacement. I just wait until I get a better piece of equipment and put the better enchantment in that new piece.

You don't have to pull them out, you can drop a new enchantment on top of the old one, it destroys the old one though. Its a little known trick, I too only learned it 2 days ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    proqludum wrote: »
    You don't have to pull them out, you can drop a new enchantment on top of the old one, it destroys the old one though. Its a little known trick, I too only learned it 2 days ago.

Good advice but this only works if you are early in the lifecycle of a piece of gear or at end game. Too often you will replace the enchantment only to get a better piece of gear off the very next monster drop!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    coldblaze wrote: »

This seems like very good advice - thanks!
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You don't have to remove the legacy enchantment. You can just reclaim it at the founder vendor :P

Oh and the cost is nothing at lower levels, at the higher ranks it can cost up to 250-280k just to remove one enchant.
  • Options
    fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double post because of lag.
  • Options
    banquettobanquetto Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jpnole wrote: »
    I am playing level 25 CW and I need some advice about using enchantments. It seems like they drop pretty generously. However, once applied, the cost to remove them is high so it makes more sense to buy its replacement. However, the cost to buy them is still too high to justify considering how fast you out level the gear.

At your level, don't buy them, don't worry about removing them, just pop in rank 1 (or rank 2 if you really feel like they are dropping generously, and it's a nice piece of gear you're socketing) and then when you replace the gear, forget about it - just vendor it with the enchant in it.