test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Crash

saiyaku87saiyaku87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I get a crash in the foundry every time I try to add a door (not just a simple door, but the one to move from room to room.... -_-)
Post edited by saiyaku87 on

Comments

• crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do you get a crash dragging the door over to the map?
  • saiyaku87saiyaku87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »
    Do you get a crash dragging the door over to the map?

No, the crash comes when I place the door and click on it to edit it...
    EVERY-GOD-****-TIME >_<
    I can't do my quest like this ....
    edited May 2013
    Am I the only one getting this? It's still doing it and I can't do my quest -_-
  • edgewingsedgewings Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    saiyaku87 wrote: »
    Am I the only one getting this? It's still doing it and I can't do my quest -_-

Yeah this is a common bug I have observed. However, again it could be that one of the "Update Files" got corrupted while downloading/patching. This is actually a very common problem with most games; mainly MMO's.
    edited May 2013
    edgewings wrote: »
    Yeah this is a common bug I have observed. However, again it could be that one of the "Update Files" got corrupted while downloading/patching. This is actually a very common problem with most games; mainly MMO's.

How do I fix it? I tried verifying files - it doesn't work... do I have to re-install? Won't my foundry be lost then?
  • drusilladolldrusilladoll Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this same problem. I can't finish my quest with my current map layout if I can't add a door (the special one). But it crashes every single time I try to fix the task by selecting the door resource, dragging it over is fine, just trying to select what sort of door is what kills it. I was able to add an abort exit door elsewhere on the map, but I need to add a door to lead to a cave. No idea why it's giving me grief.

I did notice on logging back in, that the program tells me an error was detected and do I want to verify my files. Which I do every time.

Details: I am using the noble house interior. I want to add a door down in the basement, and one of the only available slots seems to be in a corner by the stairs. Is it a Y axis issue?
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I crash every time I try to edit a existing quest (Published or non published.), or try to enter a foundry quest. I'm not sure if it is related or not.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • drnoesisdrnoesis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you ever get a fix for this?
    I've started experiencing the same thing :(
    ow1b.png