test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

trickster rogue or control wizard? im new here

asdfmandingaasdfmandinga Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hello there guys im practically new on this game (but a bit old in PWE since i had played rusty hearts time ago) and well im not too familiar with the game yet and since i have only 2 slots for my chars and i wanna try any of the new classes soon (i wanna try a warlock/necromancer like caster when it comes out) so for now which char/race its a good option to start in neverwinter, that can be also good for solo and groups gameplay without needing to respec so often, (a good guide should help here)trickster rogue or control wizard ?
Post edited by asdfmandinga on

Comments

• xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hello there guys im practically new on this game (but a bit old in PWE since i had played rusty hearts time ago) and well im not too familiar with the game yet and since i have only 2 slots for my chars and i wanna try any of the new classes soon (i wanna try a warlock/necromancer like caster when it comes out) so for now which char/race its a good option to start in neverwinter, that can be also good for solo and groups gameplay without needing to respec so often, (a good guide should help here)trickster rogue or control wizard ?

Either one. I felt like the CW is more fun and visually appealing.
  • iiviietaliiviietal Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would say try em both to 10 and deiced for yourself i play a TR myself but its hard to say Range or Melee its two diff playstyles so how you play is gonna make or break how much you enjoy the game (TR Kick @33) =P
  • blupa2010blupa2010 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both are worth playing and very good.
    ~ Neverwinter Fan Site~ Builds-Guides+More!!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Try them both.

Every class is viable and enjoyable in all situations.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Pick a CW if you're looking for something easy as they have like ulimited CC and insane damage. Or more something challenging, pick the rouge class as you need to know more of your environment, especially in boss encounters.
  • wruntjuniorwruntjunior Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    I'm really enjoying CW, but TR is also rather fun. With CW, though, I've yet to hit an area where I feel less effective...for my rogue, it got a little bumpy around level 30.

Both guzzle potions though, and both are really fun...so far it comes down to me to higher numbers (TR) or more AoE and CC (CW)...and I rather like the AoE over numbers.

Personally, I would (and have) made both.
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Rogue for one on one, sneaky sneaky, backstabby, invisible thingy
    Control Wizard for one vs all Whoosh! brooom! boom! thingies.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin