test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Muting has to go.

mojacheymojachey Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously I just got muted for Saying

CW LFG PvP party

I didn't even spam it. I literally said it 1 time and I got muted for 24 hours. This is the stupidest system I have ever seen.
Post edited by mojachey on

Comments

• vyshravyshra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They had that issue in Champion's Online for a while, too.
    How history repeats itself :)
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got muted by like...an automated system? I didnt know NW had an auto mute system. Good to know. Thanks for being my knowledge pioneer.

And yeah, that does suck to get muted for little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. I never liked auto systems, they usually ruin games more often than not.
  • mojacheymojachey Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not letting this fall off first page. This is a huge issue.

B-u-m-p
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    You got muted by like...an automated system? I didnt know NW had an auto mute system. Good to know. Thanks for being my knowledge pioneer.

And yeah, that does suck to get muted for little <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like that. I never liked auto systems, they usually ruin games more often than not.

Its not an auto-system. I mean it kind of is but it also isn't. All you have to do to get someone muted, is just right click their name and report as spam. Boom they get muted.
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If X number of people ignore you in a fairly short period of time you are autobanned for 24 hours.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    mojachey wrote: »
    Not letting this fall off first page. This is a huge issue.

B-u-m-p

Bumping a thread two minutes after the last post is kinda....spamming it. You have also posted about this issue in a few other places already. Makes me wonder if you might have been spamming, seeing this kind of activity.
  • lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has long been a problem in STO and a problem in Champions as well... it's something Cryptic/PWE have received a TON of complaints about. The system is far too easily exploitable and too often used for griefing (in STO there are groups that exist just for that purpose... to hang around common areas and grief anyone they don't like by muting them).
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
    edited May 2013
    Bumping a thread two minutes after the last post is kinda....spamming it. You have also posted about this issue in a few other places already. Makes me wonder if you might have been spamming, seeing this kind of activity.

I have not posted this issue anywhere else, this is infact my first thread ever created within this game. Maybe even of all time throughout perfect world games. So you can kindly take your negative attitude and leave! Please dont let the door hit you on the way out.

As for the bump, I had not refreshed and didn't see the post.
    edited May 2013
    I have not posted this issue anywhere else, this is infact my first thread ever created within this game. Maybe even of all time throughout perfect world games. So you can kindly take your negative attitude and leave! Please dont let the door hit you on the way out.

As for the bump, I had not refreshed and didn't see the post.

I saw you post about this in other threads within moments of you posting this thread. You may not have been linking to this thread, but posting about the same thing in multiple places is still spam. Should I go quote them?

And I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the refresh thing. Seeing the post before mine, 5 mins is a good enough amount of time to lose first page status.
    edited May 2013
    Dude, check my posts. I have not posted about this anywhere. Stop making stuff up and trying to de-rail this thread.

This will be the last time I respond to you. Thank you for the free bumps.
  • majtrollxmajtrollx Member Posts: 76
    edited May 2013
    Stop spamming OP, we know you spammed it. Join a guild, join the LFG. Don't spam.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude, check my posts. I have not posted about this anywhere.

You brought it up in the thread about things that have to be done or said to keep the players happy; that was where I first heard about this, & I asked you about it there.

In any event, I'm kinda blown away that such a "feature" even exists to begin with, so I agree with you.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »
    Stop spamming OP, we know you spammed it. Join a guild, join the LFG. Don't spam.

I didn't spam thats the whole point. Said it 1 time and boom muted. The system is stupid and has to go. They should not give players the power to globally mute anyone and everyone. I understand a mute from zone. But muteing them from guild chat / whispers is stupid.
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only thing I know is see....
    CW LFG PvP party
    CW LFG PvP party
    CW LFG PvP party
    CW LFG PvP party

or some such spam a silliness on my server, I hate to think what it would be like if we didn't have mute, and it seems to take more than ten people to get someone muted, I tested out a while back ago with an alt account had at least nine guys mute me spam and I could still chat.

It's a controversial thing but I don't think it needs to be removed just refined.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    You brought it up in the thread about things that have to be done or said to keep the players happy; that was where I first heard about this, & I asked you about it there.

In any event, I'm kinda blown away that such a "feature" even exists to begin with, so I agree with you.

I posted in that thread after I had created this thread. (check the times).
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this happened to me as well 2 days ago, i wrote it in forums but nobody gave a shiet.
    In half min my thread was in third page already lol :D

And people who sais the guy is spamming prolly need to keep their thoughts for themselves, this can happen to them as well (which i wish them so, if they act as as*s*h.oles!) and when this will happen will be the first to come and cry all over the forums like babyes!
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I posted in that thread after I had created this thread. (check the times).

Yes, I went & checked that after posting ;) My only reason for saying what I did was to explain why other people were saying you brought it up elsewhere, not to criticize you.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I went & checked that after posting ;) My only reason for saying what I did was to explain why other people were saying you brought it up elsewhere, not to criticize you.

I see. Well the only reason I even posted in that thread is because the thread is titled "Things that need to be done to improve the game" or something along those lines. And the mute feature needs to go or be redone. So it was worth of the post.
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What? You guys hear something?
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was also muted recently and I don't know why -__-

Contacted support but meh.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
    edited May 2013
    majtrollx wrote: »

At least I'm not alone in my mindset.

Thanks for backing me up. I think I'm done here. I gave my support, pointed out the flaw in his process and got attacked for it and called a liar, which has now been proven wrong and admitted too. I dont think there is any reason for me to 'bump this thread.'
    edited May 2013
    bump off first page
  • biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its not an auto-system. I mean it kind of is but it also isn't. All you have to do to get someone muted, is just right click their name and report as spam. Boom they get muted.
    If X number of people ignore you in a fairly short period of time you are autobanned for 24 hours.

Some misconceptions here. I'm pretty familiar with this system. One thing we don't know about it is how many demerits an ignore or report spam give, and how many are needed to initiate the chat can.

Numbers below this sentence are guesses.

So, whenever someone puts you on ignore, you gain, say, 1 demerit on your account. If someone does Report Spam on you, we'll say that gives you 2 demerits. These demerits only go away when you have been chat banned. That means that you can be ignored 3 months ago by 19 people, and then today you get ignored by one person, and (let's pretend the magic number of demerits is 20) you'll be chat banned.

Your best defense against being chat banned is to just not use Zone chat. I know, it's stupid. But it helps. It's not 100% foolproof. The only way to never get a chat ban is to never talk to anyone at all ever. Hell, even then you can be chat banned if enough people plain don't like you. :P

People can put you on ignore for any reason they want. Make a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> joke, be racist, say bad words, have a silly name, whatever. People will ignore you. Try not to do anything you think anyone may find annoying or offensive.

The Report Spam option was put in place to silence gold sellers. It's not meant for silencing normal players. Over on Champions Online, there's been no evidence of people being punished for abusing this feature. We don't know if it's the same with Neverwinter or STO.

Some fun facts: You can be chat banned while you're offline. You can be chat banned while you're chat banned. I'd like for anyone who supports this system to explain how that's fair.

Anyhow, now you know, and knowing is half the battle.