test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dear Users, Lashing Blade was not nerfed.

powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Prior to the "steath nerf" some abilities like Lashing Blade were completely bypassing AC and defense, resulting in my 8300 gear score 54 Guardian Fighter to take a 14k Lashing Blade crit.

The change now makes abilities like Lashing Blade properly account for AC and defense. Even my Indomitable Strength seems to be doing noticeably less damage
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by powersoul on

Comments

• xyratrixxyratrix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How sure are you about this?
  • powersoulpowersoul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not exactly on anyone's mind to screenshot the damage they take when they can't say it is going to happen. But since I PvP on a daily basis and it's almost a standard to be up against 2 TRs in pvp in every game, that attack has never hit me for more than 3.5k since the update. It wasn't even really what made or broke the match, I just overall take a lot less damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xyratrixxyratrix Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I mean is how sure are you that the patch fixed the skill and did not nerfed it? Are there any basis that the said skill indeed by pass defenses before and not just insanely strong damaging skill? Because I haven't read anything about lashing blade being broken/ by passing defenses, I only see threads saying that Lasing blade has an insane amount of damage.

Either way, what the people are QQing about I think is not the fact that lashing blade got fixed / nerfed. It's about changing a skill without properly stating it in the patch notes.
  • doomsagadoomsaga Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xyratrix wrote: »
    What I mean is how sure are you that the patch fixed the skill and did not nerfed it? Are there any basis that the said skill indeed by pass defenses before and not just insanely strong damaging skill? Because I haven't read anything about lashing blade being broken/ by passing defenses, I only see threads saying that Lasing blade has an insane amount of damage.

Either way, what the people are QQing about I think is not the fact that lashing blade got fixed / nerfed. It's about changing a skill without properly stating it in the patch notes.

Are there any basis for you to say its a nerf and not a bug fix?
  • decivexdecivex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there any basis for anyone to say either or?
  • vitrioliconevitriolicone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well there is evidence showing that dmg was never reduced by defensive factors prior to the fix and proof that it is being effected by such factors now.

I think that is evidence enough to support the "fix" perspective. Nowhere in the tool tip does it say "ignores defense of target" yet it was doing so. As was stated it's already a 100% crit ability from stealth so for it to be doing so was terribly broken. It is clear in the "evidence" that has been put forth from people as "proof" of this "nerf" that it is in fact still hitting for the same amount but being reduced by defenses now. Damage reduction from damage reduction skills/mechanics applying to an ability that does not explicitly state it penetrates those defenses is not a nerf. If it was not doing so before that was a problem and needed to be corrected.

Again other claims being made about DF have shown no evidence to back them up. I have not taken any SS myself, but I know from yesterday to today I am pulling the same amount of damage on the meters. My build is completely DF~centric. If there had been a nerf there I would be getting slapped in the face with it at the end of each dungeon in an easy to see format. The only fluctuation I've seen is when I wasn't the quicker TR getting the DF bleed up. But that was just me being lazy on one run. As far as I can see absolutely nothing was done in regard to DF. The bleed aspect of the skill is still borked beyond stupidity between the compound stacking and incorrect damage calculating. If they had spent the time to nerf the ability I think they would have taken care of those elements too. It would make little sense for them to be fooling around with it and not fix what was obviously horribly broken.
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I said this another thread but people don't believe me
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's a (stickied) post by a moderator stating there was no nerf OR bug fix of any kind. So both sides are just making things up really - unless the mod is outright lying, which I really don't believe is the case.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?224131-Reports-Regarding-Unexpected-Rogue-Changes&p=2975971&viewfull=1#post2975971
  • jdnycjdnyc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 334 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    direborne wrote: »
    There's a (stickied) post by a moderator stating there was no nerf OR bug fix of any kind. So both sides are just making things up really - unless the mod is outright lying, which I really don't believe is the case.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?224131-Reports-Regarding-Unexpected-Rogue-Changes&p=2975971&viewfull=1#post2975971

To play devil's advocate...
    It says no major changes were made. Doesn't exactly say no changes, but they aren't seeing the issues that people are reporting. I'm not seeing it myself on my rogue, so I can't say what if anything was changed.
  • direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh come on. The admin is saying that players are alluding to changes but they (the devs) can't find anything that would produce the results described by those players. So if the devs know nothing of any changes, and are asking for more information so they can look into it no less, it would follow they didn't make any, yes?
  • divastationdivastation Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My damage hasn't changed at all. I honestly have no clue where is coming from.
  • sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tricky rogue forever!
    6iscnm.jpg
  • kyouapple24kyouapple24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think people in pvp just got better gear, with better defense, and better armor

or people learn that they need to equip some defensive skills in case of TR around.

which resulted in lower damage, in this case lashing strike. because that thing has the biggest single number. and usually people pay attention to that number.

and im pretty sure the number is percentage based. which resulted in lashing strike getting much lower hit than before. compared to other skills
  • lepapalepapa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Yes people all wised up and geared up at the exact same time, on the exact same day.

>_>
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing CW's can still kill people in seconds from half the battleground away..
  • cloudspidercloudspider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lepapa wrote: »
    ^ Yes people all wised up and geared up at the exact same time, on the exact same day.

>_>

ahaha, made me larf
  • sevargathsevargath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the best op ability of rogue is shocking execution
    lashing blade is a little op and i am trickster rogue lv60
    6iscnm.jpg
    edited May 2013
    sevargath wrote: »
    the best op ability of rogue is shocking execution
    lashing blade is a little op and i am trickster rogue lv60

Compare it with Cw's ice shard that doesn't depend on targets current hp and the fact that they gain AP far faster then us
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    Compare it with Cw's ice shard that doesn't depend on targets current hp and the fact that they gain AP far faster then us

Yeah, we have to invest 5 points in order to have that happen.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    lepapa wrote: »

>_>

They also found some secret gear that only reduces the damage of Lashing Blade.

Lashing Blade (A melee only ability) critting for 3k, while Deft Strike (A blink) critting for 6k, working as intended!! xD
    edited May 2013
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Yeah, we have to invest 5 points in order to have that happen.

WOW. Whole 5 points? That's insane. How dare they make such high damage skill take 5 points. It should be 1
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    Good thing CW's can still kill people in seconds from half the battleground away..

They're ranged DPS, I would hope they could do that. So long as I can sneak up on them & cut them down, it's all good. But I'm a little surprised at how long I have to beat on a NPC wizzie to kill it, so I wonder just how "glass cannon-y" a CW is.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • kyouapple24kyouapple24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    byonah wrote: »
    They also found some secret gear that only reduces the damage of Lashing Blade.

Lashing Blade (A melee only ability) critting for 3k, while Deft Strike (A blink) critting for 6k, working as intended!! xD

actually, im saying this because i just used lashing blade on a rogue. and it crits for 9k

then i used it on another rogue. and it crits for 3k

used it on a cleric. crits for 6k.
    used it on a GWF. crits for 2k

go figure