test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Level Scaling Severely Broken

wufuduwufudu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
As I leveled closer to the end of my level bracket I've noticed PvP seems to get harder as I deal a ton of reduced damage compared to what I deal outside of PvP. After I created a new character and did some testing I found a large problem with how your damage gets scaled.

THIS WAS TESTED ON A TRICKSTER ROGUE FROM LEVELS 11-19

LEVEL 11 PVE DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish:
79-94
BOOSTED FROM 11 TO 19 IN PVP DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 97-114

This first one it to be expected, it makes sense for my damage to increase when I get boosted to level 19. However, the levels past 12(?) your damage in PvP actually gets REDUCED compared to your PvE damage.

LEVEL 15 PVE DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 97-111
BOOSTED FROM 15 TO 19 IN PVP DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 71-86

Now here you can see my damage when I queue for PvP at level 15 is actually LOWER THAN MY PVE DAMAGE AT LEVEL 11!!. Why does this happen? I was wearing a level 14 weapon at the time, I would expect my damage to go UP getting boosted to 19. It gets worse, way worse.

LEVEL 17 PVE DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 120-142
BOOSTED FROM 17 TO 19 IN PVP DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 60-80

LEVEL 18 PVE DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 121-143
BOOSTED FROM 18 TO 19 IN PVP DAMAGE ON Sly Flourish: 57-67 !!!!!

That's right, when I queue for PvP at level 18 I do LESS DAMAGE THAN I DID IN PVE (AND PVP, BY FAR) THAN WHEN I WAS LEVEL 11. It may also be worth noting that my Slashing Blade damage went from 657 top-end damage in PvE to ~305 top-end damage in PvP at level 18.

Once you hit 19 it seems to fix itself as you do your own regular PvE damage.

So if you seem to be getting destroyed in PvP where you previously did very well, this is it. Don't queue for PvP between levels 12-18 if you want to remain competitive.

This needs to be fixed. :(
Post edited by wufudu on

Comments

• srkaysersrkayser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I totally agree. Also I have seen what you tell us in this post. Think it must be fixed as soon as possible. :/
  • pyrorik2pyrorik2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this really has to get fixed. At lvl 30 i always did 3k damage crit with lashing blade and at 38 i did 2k at maximum.. I see others doing 7k crits with cleric buff. ridiculous..
  • jlibra88jlibra88 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    idont really understand with this game.. but on the other game mmo..
    actually damage resistance growing up with lvl and pre-requisite for critical arpen% deflect defense etc growing too..
    so if the stat still same but lvl going up it would look like your char became weaker...
    thats why u need to renew equipment every 2-6 lvl... based on stat of the equipment increase significantly and cost also =)

so if u pvp at lvl 32 -->> 39 with lvl 32 equip... ok.. u are weaker than the others...
    so if we want equality at pvp lvl ranges.. equipment should be standarized
    (ref: dragon nest - pvp have it / RO2 SEA colloseum)

sorry if there any grammar mistake =)
  • calimbo1calimbo1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really hope this fix this ASAP.