test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Combat" Rogue lifesteal & deflect. Do they wort it?

mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Or should stick to power and crit?
Post edited by mrfappmeister on

Comments

• Options
    sukronptsukronpt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    Lifesteal does it work properly? I used alongside with crit but lifesteal didnt changed/do anything.
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    life steal for pve is pretty useful if you have atlast 10%.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    My personal preference is that you should always gear according to your skills. Since TRs don't really have any life-steal or deflect related abilities or traits, I would not go into it.

That being said, I would add this: in dungeons (and more so in PvP), if you sit near the boss and get hit, you can say buh-bye to a good chunk of you hitpoints. To get it back through life-steal you'd have to actually sit near the boss more to slowly chip away at him. But it does give you survivability in long fights, save some money on potions, and insure against bad clerics

Deflect on the other hand (and defence) usually save you from being combo-shot down fast. Which can be a life-saver (1000 deflect can make you survive a combo stun if you got caught up ; 1000 LS can't).

Bottom line: for leveling, go power/crit; for dungeons and PvP, you will get those 2 + 1-3 additional stats from blue/epic gear, which you can take in any direction. Experiment and have some fun.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunman wrote: »
    Bottom line: for leveling, go power/crit

A day or so ago, someone on this forum (can't remember who tho) said that for leveling, TRs should go for Power & Armor Penetration, & argued that +Crit isn't as useful. What's your take on that?
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    aznnoproblemaznnoproblem Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Skills that add crit sev make crit > ArP and thieves have bonus crit everywhere on their talent trees.
  • Options
    mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Well I experimented with likfe steal and the conclusion is like above that only really worth it from 10% and above.
    I think the same stands for armor penetration, hoewer that is only speculation since I can't compare really good.
    For crit, I think it is important, based on other games 30% would be ideal for dps, and here it is high priority for Executioner paragon following rouges. Also fort the others is good to have, but maye this will be a good order: Power, Crit, Armor pen., lifesteal if u can make a 10% minum, if not, then deflect.
    I also using a higher number of Recovery, seems useful. What do you think?
  • Options
    d4rkh4nd4rkh4n Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    My personal preference is that you should always gear according to your skills. Since TRs don't really have any life-steal or deflect related abilities or traits, I would not go into it.

That being said, I would add this: in dungeons (and more so in PvP), if you sit near the boss and get hit, you can say buh-bye to a good chunk of you hitpoints. To get it back through life-steal you'd have to actually sit near the boss more to slowly chip away at him. But it does give you survivability in long fights, save some money on potions, and insure against bad clerics

Deflect on the other hand (and defence) usually save you from being combo-shot down fast. Which can be a life-saver (1000 deflect can make you survive a combo stun if you got caught up ; 1000 LS can't).

Bottom line: for leveling, go power/crit; for dungeons and PvP, you will get those 2 + 1-3 additional stats from blue/epic gear, which you can take in any direction. Experiment and have some fun.

Just use impossible to catch already on bosses, screw lifesteal
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    flayedawg wrote: »
    A day or so ago, someone on this forum (can't remember who tho) said that for leveling, TRs should go for Power & Armor Penetration, & argued that +Crit isn't as useful. What's your take on that?

I'm not 100% sure how Armor Penetration affects damage, so I can't say 1 is better than the other with certainty.

However, low level mobs (until the 40-50+ zones) have little armor, so their mitigation might not be that amazing. I doubt armor pen is a clear cut % to damage (that is what power is for), so it relates to the level of dmg mitigation a mob has. I can see how it would be fun for PvP tho...

Crit has 2 nice things going in for it:
    1). Executioner path gives Crit severity
    2). It is clear cut damage really, probability for increased damage.

As for scaling, they seem to scale fairly similarly: 100 points gives about 0.6%, so no major difference there.
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Crit has 2 nice things going in for it:
    1). Executioner path gives Crit severity
    2). It is clear cut damage really, probability for increased damage.

Thanx ... that fits my inclinations anyway, I've always liked +crit, so I think I'll continue stacking it :)
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...