test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worst customer support I've ever encountered in a game

zhaanishzhaanish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am appalled at the lack of customer support. I expect problems - it's a new game with a beta tag still in place. However, I'm having login ID problems and getting help is impossible. I can't get the support on the web form to work on Firefox, Chrome or IE. Firefox and Chrome report an infinite redirect loop. IE just doesn't bring up the page and churns. There is no customer support phone number.

So since I can log in with my REALLY long email (hence needing my ID to work), I used the form in game. There is no category that matches my issue so I picked the closest one and gave detailed information. I immediately got a form letter (by email) saying read these FAQs (that either didn't relate or didn't help) and they not only closed my ticket but I can't even access it to reopen and say it's not fixed!!!! It's just gone. So I had to re-enter it and just hope someone bothers to actually read it.

Horribly frustrating and will ruin a good game. A product is only as good as it's support (or lack thereof).
Post edited by zhaanish on

Comments

• silencebettiesilencebettie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow People have some attitude on this fourm. Anyway OP I'm sorry I hope you get an answer this time.
  • jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow People have some attitude on this fourm. Anyway OP I'm sorry I hope you get an answer this time.

I'm just trying to be realistic. It sucks having problems with a game and wanting help, but if you didnt pay for the game, dont expect people from all over to come rushing to your side for assurance, assistance, and pinpoint answers.

To a better point, I know PWE has a werid login system. My forum name and login handle are two different things. Same as everyone. My forum name comes out as JediZalm, but my account name is SithZalm. I have to sign into the game as SithZalm, not JediZalm.

OP, go to your account and see what your account name is to sign in, not your forums name.

Anything past this, I have no idea and cant help.
    apokolips wrote: »
    if i spend money on zen is it still free?

Yes, because you didnt have to pay anything to play. You can make as many accounts and play them all as much as you want, without paying a cent. So yes, if you choose to pay for stuff in this game, it is still a free game. You just donated money to the devs for their hard work.
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jedizalm wrote: »
    I'm just trying to be realistic. It sucks having problems with a game and wanting help, but if you didnt pay for the game, dont expect people from all over to come rushing to your side for assurance, assistance, and pinpoint answers.

To a better point, I know PWE has a werid login system. My forum name and login handle are two different things. Same as everyone. My forum name comes out as JediZalm, but my account name is SithZalm. I have to sign into the game as SithZalm, not JediZalm.

OP, go to your account and see what your account name is to sign in, not your forums name.

Anything past this, I have no idea and cant help.

He's paid money though.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • zhaanishzhaanish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I bought the guardian pack (my mistake now I should have waited) so it's not at all a free game for me.
  • zhaanishzhaanish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I already used their own "tell me my account name" tool and it even says there is no ID associated with my email - the same email I use to login to the game with...
    edited May 2013
    zhaanish wrote: »
    I already used their own "tell me my account name" tool and it even says there is no ID associated with my email - the same email I use to login to the game with...

If you know and use your account name, not your forum name, then I cant help you. I had this issue at first, until I realized that the account and forums names were different. If it doesnt work for you at all, then I dont know whats up. Sorry man, I tried.

And btw, the game is still free, he just chose to pay for extra stuff he didnt need to have special advantages over free players. He could still play this game without buying anything, making it in essence still a free game.
  • stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    The support site works fine for me and for A LOT of other players.

So you must be doing something wrong.

The reason is it slow is because the support site is working for a lot of us and they have a lot of support tickets.
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had issues getting someone to help me.

I got the FAQs that didn't apply to my issue.

But when I finally did get customer support they solved my problem fast.

I think maybe "Thinnest stretched CS evah" is more fair than "worst evah".

It's all the same to the boys and girls of Neverwinter who need help, I guess, and it doesn't really matter why they aren't getting help.

But i guess the point I'm making is maybe they hired and set up a team/system for rather normal conditions when this is in fact a brand new game in beta coming on-line with way more problems than they can deal with.

I think they are swamped and need teammates.

I feel for the customer support folks and blame the suits.

Then again, I always blame the suits.

Dang suits.
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I suppose your too busy on your horse typing up epic rants of my doom to see that I TRIED to help the OP, but go ahead, sit in the ivory tower and judge. I'll keep being mean-spirited/realistic and helpful at the same time. I might help, but I in no way coddle them.
    Oh no, the support team on a free game sucks, what ever shall they do.
    /sarcasm

Seriously though, it IS a free game, you cant expect the kind of support you would get from a retail store, or professional car dealership.

Get off the cross. Help? Please, you showed up to pick a fight with a snide, ignorant comment. You want to help?
    "I'll keep being mean spirited and helpful at the same time"
    ...Wow...just..wow.

Where did you help? The part where you made excuses? the part where you told a person in no uncertain terms that they shouldn't complain, because duh free to play? The part where you're actively interfering with customer support issues to make you feel like a bigger person because the problem doesn't affect you personally, so you have no problem being a flippant jerk?

Or the part where, after being called on it, added some minor bit of masturbatory advice to help take the heat off of you?
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
  • aislingiaislingi Member Posts: 140 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    I had issues getting someone to help me.

I got the FAQs that didn't apply to my issue.

But when I finally did get customer support they solved my problem fast.

I think maybe "Thinnest stretched CS evah" is more fair than "worst evah".

It's all the same to the boys and girls of Neverwinter who need help, I guess, and it doesn't really matter why they aren't getting help.

But i guess the point I'm making is maybe they hired and set up a team/system for rather normal conditions when this is in fact a brand new game in beta coming on-line with way more problems than they can deal with.

I think they are swamped and need teammates.

I feel for the customer support folks and blame the suits.

Then again, I always blame the suits.

Dang suits.

Oh yeah this is a management issue. I have no doubt that the actual agents are doing their best. But when your managers and higher ups (which PWE/Cryptic are infamous for having issues with), it doesn't matter how good your support staff is.

Its kind of like how the developers at Nexon, and other localized Asian mmorpgs publishers aren't allowed to talk to the playerbase, leading everyone to blame them for being apathetic or incompetent.

PWE makes hand over fist translating already finished games, and charging massive sums of money for all sorts of things from full speed mounts, to power. They could easily hire more staff, but neither company has ever been concerned with customer support and have reputations to show it.

The thing about free to play is that once they have your money, they are free to treat you like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. They don't have a subscription to worry about. That's why their prices are so high. They make big sales early, so they don't have to worry about keeping players happy.
    I wanna go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird's all I got, oh, and my sweet style. -Maurice Moss, The IT Crowd
    edited May 2013
    aislingi wrote: »
    Or the part where, after being called on it, added some minor bit of masturbatory advice to help take the heat off of you?

I'll go with that part I guess....the part where I offered advice about the subject where I had a similar problem and found my own solution. And I was never called on it. I was stated as having a bad additude, but never called on not helping the guy until AFTER I offered help.

And as to your other high horse rant, There seems to be other people saying that customer support exists, invalidating my point of customer service NOT existing. So that makes me wrong. It sucks to be shown up, yes, but the least YOU could do is not do it with a vendetta like I stole your dog and killed your cookie....scratch that, reverse it.

And I dont see YOU EVEN TRYING TO HELP....I mean, you stand on that pedestal and judge me harshly, but at least I tried. What did you do for OP other than insult me, which I dont think actually counts as you helping.

Oh and my 'realistic logic' yes, welcome to the real world. You buy stuff and they dont care what you think of them, they have your money, thats all they need. Lots of other customers out there that are willing to buy. Not saying I like it, but I wont shelter myself or anyone else from it.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't work in on-line gaming so i don't know...stuff. I manage restaurants.

The way I see the free game/sub game thing is like this; it doesn't matter. The game is set up to make a profit.

Just like a fine dining establishment -vs-local diner. Both are set up to make a profit. Both need customer support.

So it doesn't matter what the details of the business are. When a guest wants to see a manager you need to come to the table with a smile and a solution.

But you have to see whats happening here.

NWO is like that new restaurant with a line out the door.

They are trying to get to everyone, I think.

I doubt they want people's first experience to be bad because they are so busy.

It's really hard with a new business to have a team big enough to handle the first crush.

On top of that, everyone is working together for the first time in a new space with new equipment and new procedures.

So hopefully when the beta tag is gone customer service will be faster.

Let's hope.
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    So it doesn't matter what the details of the business are. When a guest wants to see a manager you need to come to the table with a smile and a solution.

But you have to see whats happening here.

NWO is like that new restaurant with a line out the door.

They are trying to get to everyone, I think.

I doubt they want people's first experience to be bad because they are so busy.

It's really hard with a new business to have a team big enough to handle the first crush.

On top of that, everyone is working together for the first time in a new space with new equipment and new procedures.

So hopefully when the beta tag is gone customer service will be faster.

Let's hope.

This is a pretty well done analogy...I think I might use this elsewhere.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    We're sorry about the infinite redirect. It is actually a bug that has been hard to track down and effects a small amount of players. Chances are if you make another account you won't have that issue.

If you don't want to make another account purely to contact customer supper you can also E-mail them at customersupport@perfectworld.com

I have no idea what causes the issue you're experiencing and in fact my real life friend has the same problem but this would have to be handled by support.

I'm going to close this up and scrub it good from all these disrespectful posts but if you need any further clarification send myself and the other mods a pm. I am on the road today so my access is spotty at best but we'll get back to you ASAP.account

P's support is SWAMPED. THEY try their best but they are only human. :(
This discussion has been closed.