test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I used to be and adventurer like you...

mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Then I become lvl30 and get an 'arrow' into the knee.
The metaphorical adventurer meaning I am someone who likes doing dungeons in mmo-s, sinc there you can get the bestgear for your lvl, it is both more challenging and exciting than normal questing.
The metaphorical arrow meaning the following:
-All the dungeons just taek too much time to finish, they simply desinged too long an teidious.(Including the bosses whose only tactic to drown you into adds) All,below lvl 30 also, say 45min playtime, which is in my opinion way too much to do at every(few is ok, especially higher and max lvl content) instance, and then I didn't calculated with delay caused by:
*Inproper teams selected by groupfinder, which don't have(and I'm hoping for a yet, but do not understad twhy not already there) choosable roles: Tank, Heal, Damage, which woudld be essential.(After 1'st low lvl dungeon, see swtor, 1st instance designed for two ppl, and other for 4) Here we have a 5ppl group, and having the "add-er" bosses, would be adviced(from 8 and 16 man operations experience in swtor, max lvl content, only there are more massive add spawn and some operation or 'raid' bosses, and even ther oly ant specific percents of their health) a two tanking tactic where one tank gets the boss, other the adds, and one healer, tow dps who are keep the adds at a managable number for the tank who are on the adds, or kill all of them if possible, and dpsing the boss. Here with the insane amount of add thought experienced groups can try to nuke the boss as fast as possible, since the add spawn are endless here.
*Party etiquette: ninjas, afk-s, bad teamworking because of: inexperience, refusal to listen advices or take orders for a more experinced player and playing wrong with a role and a class, for example: dps(like CW aoes and konckback used wrongly) rushing ahead, grab too much adds, then die, then the too uch adds kill the rest of the party. Or a weak tank wo can't keep aggro from healer(since healing generates the most threat), and even from the dps he cant keep aggro away, the healer dies, dps dies, and the ank to if he isnt dead already.

In WoW there are good lower( 20 and 20+ during the BC expansition set's lvls) lvl instances, what can be done fast, like 20 minutes. And that that they are fast(again not all fast, point is that insances/dungeons have to be as different and versatile as possible) makes them enjoyable, especially if you have to do it several times toget the items you wanted.

So I'm satred to think about a guild of 'veteran' players, whose I can hire, for gold, honor, ad or whatever they asks, to get specific items from dungeons for me. Would be true 'bounty hunters' (This is a fun part..well mostly)
Post edited by mrfappmeister on

Comments

• bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    But are you having fun?
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • mrfappmeistermrfappmeister Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Obvioulsy not as much as I could, since then I wouldn't have written a post about this. And I see potential in the game, thats why I care and giving my opinion.
  • redeclipzeredeclipze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So WoW dumbed you and everyone else down to "needing" to complete any dungeon in 10 minutes.

...........where's the sense of accomplishment these days?

The trash is meant to slow you down. It is a form of progression. If you can't handle it, then don't play, or adapt.
    BiS DC Seyfried - PvP / CN farm (Dragon Server) 1st Degree Burns

twitch.tv/redeclipze
    edited May 2013
    redeclipze wrote: »
    So WoW dumbed you and everyone else down to "needing" to complete any dungeon in 10 minutes.

...........where's the sense of accomplishment these days?

The trash is meant to slow you down. It is a form of progression. If you can't handle it, then don't play, or adapt.

The sense of accomplishment for you then is to diving throught useless trash for 1,5 hours several time to got to a boss then hitting it for another 1,5 or more. Good for you then, but me, and other ppl whose "WoW dumbed down" want to see progression a dynamics in the game and not crunching boring dungeons and daylies.
  • sarraserasarrasera Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe, I like it how people always use the "dumping down" "this is not WoW" defence. It's like saying that new car, that has a weaker engine, uses more gas, has no servo, no music, generally nothing, is the REAL car. And everything else was just there for carebears. :D

Industries get new standards, face it. Either your product meets those and attracts potential buyers or it does not. There is no romantic "the Devs want to make the perfect game for us" mentality there. It all is about the money. Your money.
  • kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    The sense of accomplishment for you then is to diving throught useless trash for 1,5 hours several time to got to a boss then hitting it for another 1,5 or more. Good for you then, but me, and other ppl whose "WoW dumbed down" want to see progression a dynamics in the game and not crunching boring dungeons and daylies.

That gotta be the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> logic ive ever heard. It cant be wow dumbed down, unless your horribad at WOW. Wow's dungeons are super easy and so are the raids now. If you spent 1.5 hours on trash and 1.5 hours on a boss, i find it extremely hard to compare to wow when some of their raids only take 45 mins to an hour any more and are cake.
  • opm49602opm49602 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh god low level wow dungeons . . .
    If it took over 20mins to do a dungeon under level 50 in MoP you're doing it wrong. Hell some of those dungeons can be done in 5 minutes by just chain pulling every single trash mob between each boss and aoeing them all at once. Then you spend 30 seconds killing a boss who doesn't even hit hard enough for you to require heals.The trash is more of a threat than the bosses just because you can pull so much of it that your healer actually has to pay attention.

Personally I like never winters dungeons. Wows got so mind dumbly boring and easy even with the sheer amount of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> pugs like dps spec queuing as tanks, Dps trying to pull things before you, Dps in their tank spec with their additional threat generation up.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Weird, I just made a post about Dungeons and then I see this.

My post is more about getting grouped with terrible players though
    :(
    edited May 2013
    kissell19 wrote: »
    That gotta be the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> logic ive ever heard. It cant be wow dumbed down, unless your horribad at WOW. Wow's dungeons are super easy and so are the raids now. If you spent 1.5 hours on trash and 1.5 hours on a boss, i find it extremely hard to compare to wow when some of their raids only take 45 mins to an hour any more and are cake.

You really misunderstanded. I didnt mean that nwo is wow dumbed down. And i didnt said that it took that time in wow or in any games. The 1,5 hour times was a poetical oversatement from the dungeons he would have like to do.
    So I just wanted to pointed out that dungeons in nwo is very long imo, and in wow were shorter and i like to get done a dungeon fast if i had to go there for several times.

Also the 20 minutes low level instace times in wow was an approximate number