test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PVP scaling is completely broken and does not function properly(Pics inside)

myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Here are my stats at level 54:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level%2054.jpg

Here are my stats after joining and being scaled "up" to level 59:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level59.jpg

These are my stats at level58 being scaled up to level59: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level58.png That's less than I did at level 39.

Check the tooltip damage on ice knife, and my levels. Why is my damage lowered by being scaled up 5 levels? The level scaling in PVP does not work properly at all, you actually lose stats. This is incredibly game breaking and frustrating, you basically cannot PVP in such a gimped state. You do almost no damage, and die in ~5 seconds. Once you get x9 you actually do good damage and don't die very fast and can have fun in PVP.

Please fix this Cryptic, is it a known bug?
Post edited by myaki on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's because dmg is lowered for pvp.

What's funny is at 60 people still do so much dmg regardless of that reduction lol.
  • myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    That's because dmg is lowered for pvp.

What's funny is at 60 people still do so much dmg regardless of that reduction lol.
    No, that is wrong. When I was level 49, then zoned in at level 49, my tooltips did not change. I still did the same damage I did inside and outside.

It is VERY noticable even without looking at the tooltip, you can't damage people at all and die in 5 seconds to anyone. It's not fun at all.
    edited May 2013
    Bump because this is a HUGE issue that needs addressed.
  • kaladin32kaladin32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myaki wrote: »
    No, that is wrong. When I was level 49, then zoned in at level 49, my tooltips did not change. I still did the same damage I did inside and outside.

It is VERY noticable even without looking at the tooltip, you can't damage people at all and die in 5 seconds to anyone. It's not fun at all.

yea I'm getting this too, my abilities while scaled in pvp are only half damage. Not fun critting for 600-1000 dmg and getting hit for 4000-6000
    edited May 2013
    kaladin32 wrote: »
    yea I'm getting this too, my abilities while scaled in pvp are only half damage. Not fun critting for 600-1000 dmg and getting hit for 4000-6000

It gets worse the closer you get to x9. A level 58 scaled up to 59 is about 3x as weak as a 54 scaled up to 59. It's only fixed once you're actually x9. Makes no sense at all. It seriously ruins PVP and needs to be looked into, I don't understand why this thread is getting so few replies about such a giant game breaking issue.
  • griennegrienne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So part of it is scaling for pvp fairness I am assuming, with armor penetration that seems to disappear haha.
  • excelsiorprimeexcelsiorprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this issue too, and it is very strange that this doesn't get more attention, and that it wasn't caught awhile ago.

For clarity, this can't be "intentional scaling for fairness". Why is it fair that a lvl 51 can do double the damage of a lvl 58 because of botched pvp scaling?
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Doesn't matter. You can get to level 60 in a week in this game. In less than 2 months, 80% of the server will be level 60.
    edited May 2013
    I have this issue too, and it is very strange that this doesn't get more attention, and that it wasn't caught awhile ago.

For clarity, this can't be "intentional scaling for fairness". Why is it fair that a lvl 51 can do double the damage of a lvl 57 because of botched pvp scaling?
    At level 58 I was scaled to a level below level 40 in stats, it's THAT broken.
  • emorelixemorelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yer i noticed this when i was lvl 49 in a bg, i was doing 200 dmg to ppl with lashing blade. (normally 3k non-crit, or 2k with defenses up)
  • beastlol24beastlol24 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This needs a MAJOR look at, Devs really need to look into it
  • baburmisbaburmis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tenkuro wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. You can get to level 60 in a week in this game. In less than 2 months, 80% of the server will be level 60.

that sounds like it could fix this problem. lets just ignore it and pretend its not broken. maybe it goes away :o

or solution nr2
    - dont check your stats prior to pvp matches, so you wont even know its broken.

why fix it when you can ignore it.
  • pyrorik2pyrorik2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would rather have the lower levels being underpowered than the higher lvls
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I'm not surprised their scaler is broken at all.

Over in CO, because their Alerts (think NW's Skirmishes) scaled everyone to level 30 (out of 40). Level 20 players (and even level 30 players) were MORE POWERFUL than level 40 players when scaled.

It was utterly broken and a pain in the rear.
    edited May 2013
    beastlol24 wrote: »
    This needs a MAJOR look at, Devs really need to look into it

Agreed, this really needs to be fixed asap.
  • breagandaerthbreagandaerth Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what I have noticed. When you hit 0-1 on the low scale the scaling feels pretty big steamrolling most stuff. Mid level it feels like it drops significantly then once your 8-9 it picks up again. No data to back it up but it sure seems that way.
    edited May 2013
    x8 is actually the worst part of the scaling, and x9 is fixed back to normal entirely. at x8 you're scaled to almost 20 levels below your current level or something insane, it's really bad.
    edited May 2013
    This is important.
    edited May 2013
    These are my stats at level58 being scaled up to level59: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6653816/Neverwinter/level58.png That's less than I did at level 39.

A rogue was hitting me for 9k+ from stealth, I went from 100% to 10% off a stealth opener at one point. I cannot PVP with these stats.