test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do I miss out on anything if I don't do story content?

blazingfistblazingfist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm around 42 now, did the Neverdeath quest line so I got the bag...but I'm seriously considering just PvPing and doing Foundry quests to get to 60. Why? Because the story content is BORING.

Like, seriously, it's :

1. "XYZ needs your help, brave adventurer! Go to ABC land!"
2. At ABC land - kill X things, get Y things and repeat 5 times.
3. Now kill the big boss who summons adds!
4. Repeat.

Yes I know that that describes most MMOs but once in a while there will be an off-the-wall quest, NPC or story content that makes it worthwhile. I don't mind some grinding and mindless killing, but I DO mind if there is nothing BUT that.

I loved the Lich's Lament quest, but there doesn't seem to be anything similar after that. :(

So...can I just skip to 60? Am I missing out on gear/lore/anything significant?
Post edited by blazingfist on

Comments

• Options
    greveiousgreveious Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do it one time, and level alts in pvp/foundry, or dont do it, its up to you, i also found the story to be rather bland...
  • Options
    swamprobswamprob Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Well, I know that there are two quests that give bags as rewards.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, you will miss bag quest at 30 and load of gold for crafting vendor consumables and injury kits.
    Unless you never do anything else then pvp at max level.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamprob wrote: »
    Well, I know that there are two quests that give bags as rewards.

There's also Doomguard's Duty in Neverdeath, which gives a profession pack you can get some Assets from.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I finished all the Neverdeath quests. :)
  • Options
    jedizalmjedizalm Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant think of anything gameplay wise you miss out on from not doing story stuff. I mean if you do all the quests for bags, packs and the like, then the story I guess could be ultimately skipped, its just a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kind of thing to do. I mean, these devs poured the blood sweat and tears into this game making it, and basically you just wanna skip to the end and care for nothing the work. I dont know about you, but I appreciate the work that went into making my cake. I'm gonna eat it, but I like to thank people for making it for me, its the considerate, human thing to do.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    But in this case the cake isn't very good and I have lots of other delicious food to eat! That's how it seems to me anyway...
  • Options
    nemonusnemonus Member Posts: 102
    edited May 2013
    Neverdeath is a cool little story. I love killing undead and the setting behind the giant graveyard is pretty cool. I loved the Lich quest. Very humorous writing that felt more like a foundry mission, than a serious DnD story. There's also the Shadowfell mission which had a cool aesthetic.