test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession windows only shows the Rare hourly ones

dmndmndmndmndmndmn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
UPDATE: OK NVM. When one of the tasks completed it solved itself... it's never done that before :?

I just updated to the latest patch (note that I have the "Don't download on demand" patcher flag activated) and my professions window ONLY shows the rare Profession jobs.

I have NO filters selected. And, also, even when searching manually for a recipe I know is not rare i.e "scale" on Mailsmithing I can only see the blue one.

There's NO paging arrows, no nothing.
My gateway seems to show all recipes though.

professionsbug.png
Post edited by dmndmndmn on

Comments

• synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Same thing happened to me, and when my task finished, I had access to all tasks again.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • que56que56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess it sucks my current task has 2 hours left... locking out my other open tasks! :P
  • gelatinouscoatgelatinouscoat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm seeing this now; was there any work-around other than waiting for a task to complete???
  • legotoadeto2legotoadeto2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm seeing this now; was there any work-around other than waiting for a task to complete???

I'm also having this issue. It seems too random to be tied to an in-progress task. Anyone have a different work-around?

I've logged off and totally exited.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue and would prefer not to wait until my tasks are completed.
  • luariialuariia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update: A short task on another character finished, and I'm still locked out of almost everything. Some leatherworking tasks are showing, but none of the ones I can actually complete (lacking mats, too low level in the craft, etc.).

Having the same issue here too, and my current tasks are all really long (6 hours). Any other ideas or finds on this?
  • mistwalk3rmistwalk3r Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, it happens all the time when I have no free slots left, but now I actually do have one task available--and can only choose the Rares no matter which profession I select.

Clearly a bug? Any update from the devs?
  • ownagehnownagehn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has happened to me before. I believe it fixed itself once all of my pending tasks were completed. This same thing happened to me about 10 minutes ago, again. I hope it fixes itself once my pending task is complete!

Update: It fixed itself after my task was complete and I went through a bunch of different UI windows.
  • twopartstwoparts Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, both characters. Seems to be random - I was able to craft a couple of times while I had a longer task running, but then it suddenly stopped showing any available tasks for my open slot.

Would love a response from a dev about this - I'm loving the beta so far and this is really a minor frustration, so I'm definitely not complaining! Just would be good to know the debs are aware and that it's in the queue for a fix sometime soon. :)
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes you get all but the rares disappearing which isn't too bad if a rare opens up so you can cancel an ongoing task to pursue it. The other one shows no tasks at all. Sometimes this is caused by the filter to hide possible tasks that you don't meet the requirements for, one of which is an open task slot or the assets needed to perform said tasks.
  • toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same issues here - the gateway looks correct but ingame all i can see is the rare ones.
  • nuestinuesti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just had this happen to me. I was only seeing rare tasks and none of the normal ones. I started one of the tasks that was available and then immediately cancelled it and the task list was back to normal showing all the tasks.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This just happened to me. It was fine in the gateway. Then logged into game and only showing rares. Went back to gateway and only showing rares now there too. uggh
  • awaveawave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    This bug happens frequently when I do my professions through the gateway.

The only way I know to fix this is to go in game, and start up any task that you are able to (can be from any profession I think) and then hit cancel. All resources will be returned back to you when you cancel a task. Doing this will resume everything back to normal allowing you to select the normal tasks again. Unfortunately, you can only do this in game as it's not possible to cancel a task though the Gateway system (at least, it wasn't possible for me. Now, there's another bug!)

Or just wait untill one of your tasks completes if you can wait that long.
  • gorelash88gorelash88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can confirm that cancelling an ongoing task will fix the problem.

The bug related to not being able to cancel tasks from the Gateway is reported.
  • dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Haven't tested this, but here is something a player suggested in another thread.
    nerfmod wrote: »
    I wrote a bookmarklet to fix this when it happens:
    javascript:(function(){ $("#content_frame_mid").height("auto"); }());

Create a new bookmark and put the above code where you would normally put the http:// address. Works best with a button on the bookmark toolbar.

How does it work? It uses jquery (which is already loaded) to select the faulty container and manually reset its height. The underlying problem seems to be with the dynamic expand/collapsing logic, haven't bothered to look though.
  • canteen911canteen911 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same issue. Both in game and through gateway, I can't do any crafting. This is character specific. I have 2 tasks running and can't get the other 2 tasks running because all tasks are missing. There are some rare ones that I don't have mats for.

I've gone in game, zoned and still no joy.
  • alphastreamalphastream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This bug happens fairly often for me, on different browsers/devices. Has anyone at Cryptic responded to a ticket on this issue? Perhaps the above Java code helps them correct the problem?
    Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.

Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube

Check out my acclaimed adventures for the tabletop D&D game, including my latest: Adamantine Chef: Supreme Challenge! and Jungle Treks or Chultan Death Curse: Revised for Tomb of Annihilation!
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This bug happens fairly often for me, on different browsers/devices. Has anyone at Cryptic responded to a ticket on this issue? Perhaps the above Java code helps them correct the problem?

They already have a bug fix for it on the preview server. It is just a matter of when it gets pushed to the live servers.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Workaround:
    Start any rare task available, then cancel it. All other tasks will then show up.

Though if like the OP, you're unable to start any rares that show up, well your screwed (less you use the more complex javascript workaround posted above).

Happens to me tons, tho since I have several professions at lvl20 already, finding a rare i can start and canceling it isn't an issue.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    my though is its somehow doing a show rare only filter.
    workarounds...
    sometimes if you search for "" then search for nothing it suddenly works cause it clears out the word filters.

sometimes if you take a blue quest then cancel it it works (leadership quests are good for this

sometimes swaping between alts helps. ( though you may bug alts also)
  • bigbadbrianbigbadbrian Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    None of the suggested fixes work for me. My alchemist is stuck because new tasks don't show.

Please fix this bug.

Thanks