test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What graphical setting can i turn down?

hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter so far it's been running fine. The only issue i seem to encounter is inside a dungeon when fighting a boss where everyone is performing some actions or magic, then my fps drops to like 10 fps or stutters for 2-3 seconds.

It's still playable because it's not constant. It's just annoying for 2-3 seconds sometimes it's like watching slideshow. Now i do not understand what each graphical setting means"bloom, fxaa,postprocessing, antialiasing" is all french to me.

Can you tell me what setting i can turn down that will help this , even just a bit? Again, the issue seems to come when multiple people are performing some fancy action/ magic at once and im great sword fighter doing slam together with everyone where the ground vibrates.
Post edited by hycinthus on

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Under Effects, try turning Soft particles off (if it's on), that would likely be the major culprit with the way you describe your performance.

Most (if not all) ability effects are done using some sort of "Particle" (wikipedia link). The Soft particles setting decides whether the game should use extra system power on this or not for improved visuals. If lots of abilities go off lots of particles will be displayed, if the setting is on you'll then be using a lot more system power with this setting on.
  • Options
    hycinthushycinthus Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Under Effects, try turning Soft particles off (if it's on), that would likely be the major culprit with the way you describe your performance.

Most (if not all) ability effects are done using some sort of "Particle" (wikipedia link). The Soft particles setting decides whether the game should use extra system power on this or not for improved visuals. If lots of abilities go off lots of particles will be displayed, if the setting is on you'll then be using a lot more system power with this setting on.

Let me give this a try, thank you for your response. It's hard for me to adjust setting when I don't know at all what they mean. I don't want things to deteriorate visually, but particle doesn't seem too important at this time, so i'll turn it off.
  • Options
    zogvarnokazogvarnoka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    See all those explosions, fire effects, cool magical animations? Most of those (if not all) are done with particles. Don't turn them completely off, just turn them down a bit. :)
    Removing the Grey Mask
    NW-DJ56XFK6G
    My first installment in the Rise of Shadovar Campaign.