test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reflection of the game after playing for a week

twelvetonetwelvetone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, I finally am getting the chance to post this thread and I just want to talk about the game itself.
Gamplay
After playing from 1-60 purely quest I found that the game itself was fun, but felt that it lacked a learning curve to prepare you for the things that were coming. As I have noticed, a lot of people tend to fail when they hit 60. This could be ranging from not knowing how to play their class to just outright calling everything op. It simply came from not taking the time to actually learn the game and foundry farming. I think that the game could benefit from a way to give insight into how to play a class such as a mentorship program that would allow higher level players to provide insight into what to expect.
PVP
PvP has been so far great. I have a lot of complaints about it though. First and foremost, the afk situation. There are literally guilds devoted to just afk farming glory and diminish the quality of the game in general. I want to look towards getting a dishonorable debuff for the AFK people. This should only happen when a person is in the spawn for an extended period of time because people can just jump around to avoid "not moving" detection. I am also looking forward to more pvp options hopefully.
Dungeons
While having many different exploits, that by now have clearly exploded the auction houses and diminished the quality of T2 items, are quite fun and challenge the players to work together and find ways to work at beating things. Some of the dungeons are actually quite hard and could be fixed by just reducing the amount of adds that spawn. While adds are a great idea, most of the time people fail bosses just due to not being able to hit it cause of the adds. I know that you can hold ctrl and focus a target, but as a rogue I am trying to hit the boss and the adds usually spawn and get stuck to the boss, so to speak. A good example of this is in Lair of the Mad Dragon and The Lair of the Pirate King. I am looking forward the the possibilities of raids as well because Guilds almost seem useless because 5 people get together and they stick together for ever and ignore the guild. I mean that is what I have been doing and just really no need for the guild after you have a core group of people. Hoping to see more people able to complete dungeons and raids. or whatever.
Guilds
As stated previously, they are almost to the point of useless. Would like to see more use for them and to see them evolve into something great. Such as guild wars or even guild pvps. That would be fun to do especially in this game!
Classes
Trickster Rogue- This class people will complain about a lot, but the truth of the matter is that if you learn how to dodge they won't combo kill you. They are actually in a good place. They help complete dungeons the best especially with high health bosses. Overall: may need slight nerf to damage on shocking execution.

Cleric- I have seen that in pve specifically they have become more of a nuisance than anything. A lot of clerics do not know how to 1 man cleric things. My 5 man group runs with 1 cleric all the time and we can clear things, but the problem with that is that the cleric always draws aggro no matter what and with the amount of adds that are actually currently coming out of bosses. I think a couple of fixes could bring this class to the level of more of a balanced state. A few ideas would be to either reduce the penalty towards healing on themselves. 40% is way too heavy especially when they have the most aggro. Overall: The class is very nice, but could use a little love in terms of healing themselves.

GWF- Do not know much about this class except that they have an important roll in off tanking. This class is 1 of the only classes that has the damage and tankiness to hold the adds that come out in the dungeons which is almost essential to success of dungeons. They are also great in pvp 1v1. If more than 1 person fighting them, they are quickly overrun and overwhelmed. Overall: Good class would like to see more that way we can see some nice off-tanks.

GF- Great tanks, but they can not hold aggro because all the aggro is way off. Their cc is great and makes them valuable to any group. Overall: Balanced.

CW- While there are wayyy to many they provide an important role in the game and that is ranged cc. They are able to control all the adds and make killing bosses in dungeons easy. They also are very strong in pvp due to their cc, but are extremely squishy. Overall: increase their health by a little bit so that they are not destroyed in 1 hit.
Overall
The game is absolutely fun. While the game is clearly not 100% complete it really makes people drive to get the things they want. People are calling this game P2W which is entirely not true. This game is Pay for convince. You do not NEED to buy anything at all. I have played this game 100% F2P and people always compliment me on my hard play and my knowledge of the TR. I really want people to understand that anything can be bought in time. All you have to do is work to get it, but I guess that is the internet mentality... "I can't afford it! Must be pay 2 win..." Anyways, Looking forward to playing more and seeing where this game goes.
Post edited by twelvetone on

Comments

• doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's just the console kiddies/wow kiddies that are complaining about the game being P2W because they want everything right now and want everything else that everyone else has. They don't want to work for their gear because they don't have the attention span. It's unfortunate as it's only going to get worse with the next generation of gamer, but then they will have an IQ verification test to allow you into games.
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    doowie1982 wrote: »
    It's just the console kiddies/wow kiddies that are complaining about the game being P2W because they want everything right now and want everything else that everyone else has. They don't want to work for their gear because they don't have the attention span. It's unfortunate as it's only going to get worse with the next generation of gamer, but then they will have an IQ verification test to allow you into games.

Ad hominem fallacy: When you've got no real arguments, make up a ton of insults about those that disagree with your viewpoint and throw them out on the forum like a dead cat to stink up the place.
  • devengrimdevengrim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people that cry "Rogue nerf or Wizard cc is op" generally dont understand it is intended in this game, Control Wizard is called that for a reason like the Rogue is a Striker class it is supposed to do damage and not be in line with everything else. If you are going to stand there face tanking a Rogue have fun and cry nerf, Just wait till the "Warlock" type ranged Striker comes out ooooh going to be tears before bedtime.

For me I am loving the GW having a blast with it and my Rogue is actually not getting much action after doing some T2 tbh I think I just rerolled!

*edit* not saying you are crying nerf OP just adding to the post o/
  • gralen48gralen48 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review!
  • xhatchxhatch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they go down the road of nerfing simply for pvp sake then this game will never be balanced in the long term, & face huge problems in PVE because of that. If I was designing the game I'd leave CW/TR alone & simply buff the other classes up to match them. Easier said than done. (Note - I only play DC & don't do PVP at all)
    sig2dz.jpg
    :cool:PLAY TO WIN:cool: |"A light in the darkness."
    |
  • doowie1982doowie1982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 284 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Ad hominem fallacy: When you've got no real arguments, make up a ton of insults about those that disagree with your viewpoint and throw them out on the forum like a dead cat to stink up the place.

^
    One of those players I mentioned :D
    60 Dwarf Devoted Cleric
    60 Drow Trickster Rogue
    11 Elf Control Wizard

Server:
    Beholder
    Guild:
    Praetor Lupus
    Guild Website: http://www.PraetorLupus.com

Hero of the North & Guardian of Neverwinter Founder.
  • twelvetonetwelvetone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for all the good insight as well guys! I will continue to go through and pick the game with a fine tooth comb in an effort to help better the game in any way that I can
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like the game.

Dont care about the Lockbox, seems really pointless to buy, a Mount, really? same as the one i brought from the store? whoopeedoo.
    Unlike STO you get the Ship in a box that has abilitys, you use it, fight in it etc, a Mount? well you ride it now and then in a small instance map lol

What i Dislike:
    The 'Server Not responding' , the LAG , and more LAG, disconnects, how did it reach Open Beta?

The rest seems alot of fun.