Can you kill a Tank 1v1?

rycegamingrycegaming Member Posts: 59
edited May 2013 in The Library
Please teach me.
Post edited by rycegaming on

Comments

• boostersauceboostersauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Understanding their abilities is a good start, Don't waste a daily if they are blocking, always be moving, I use ray of enfeeblement in my tab key, repel is nice, chill stike and shield works for me aswell. Arcane missile as my left mouse and ray of frost on my right mouse.. They have alot of stuns and knockdowns dodging and knocking them back while slowly dpsing them down works wonders.
  • decubisdecubis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    Ask for assistance or strep yourself in for a long and intense fight. Most GF use the rightmouse button skill Threatening Rush which gives the GF a lot of movement. You can try blinking away but the GF can just rush towards you nonstop. Like boostersauce said watch for the block and try to never stand infront of him keep moving.

Other then that is try CC and hope you out dps him. The best tactic is get help imo. I play a GF and just camp on the enemy base most of the times i can hold off 2-3 ppl long enough to ensure my team can claim middle.

Would help if you tell me what clas you play.

Good luck.
    Greetings Decubis,
    image_160079_thumb_wide300.jpg
    Decubis: Dwarf Guardian Fighter: lvl 60
    Demic: Human Devoted Cleric: lvl 60
    Server: Beholder Guild: The Unnamed
  • bacchirabacchira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    decubis wrote: »

Would help if you tell me what clas you play.

Well, this is the CW forum, I assume he is a CW :)

And yes, those GF fights are a pain in the butt, lasts forever
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Teleport behind him, CC and unleash hell. Hope and pray the Guardian isn't good at his class, because otherwise you are SOL :D

Having both a CW and a GF (and a lowby TR), I can tell you that a good GF is pretty hard to beat for any class.
    We don't cause a lot of damage, but boy can we survive and troll the other team's CP!

As decubis mentioned, I very often rush to the enemies control point and hang out there while my team captures ours and mid... Then comes to me and helps me kill whatever is trying to whittle me down.
  • qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most of the GFs I've fought aren't very good and get destroyed. I've only really fought one GF that wiped the floor with me. He chained knocked me down and killed me before I could get up. Never lost like that to any other class so I remember it as clear as day. If that's a sign of what's to come when GFs get more numerous/better, then CWs are ****ed.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qrytical wrote: »
    Most of the GFs I've fought aren't very good and get destroyed. I've only really fought one GF that wiped the floor with me. He chained knocked me down and killed me before I could get up. Never lost like that to any other class so I remember it as clear as day. If that's a sign of what's to come when GFs get more numerous/better, then CWs are ****ed.

Lol... That sounds like someone I may *know*.

Was it a Dwarf named Alek? If it was... Sorry?
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rycegaming wrote: »
    Please teach me.

The problem is space and timing. The fact is I can never finish a 1v1 fight with a tank cause the fight can never go long enough to really settle that confrontation before someone else from his team shows up to help. In a 1v1 situation purely, yes, I think I could but not everytime. As I said, I'll never know because some one always interferes.
  • hylan1983hylan1983 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    use shield because the GF low dmg will be mitigated a lot by it. while he's blocking he's slow, so just avoid him till he gets upset and rushes you, dodge, Conduit of ice, Force Choke, Ray of Enfeeblement, Magic missile spam, repeat. I find dodging towards or to the side works best with these guys because they have to turn around and gives me a split second extra magic missile in their butts. sure I may have to turn around too but i knew i had to turn around before the dodge, their brain had to process where the F I just went.
  • qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol... That sounds like someone I may *know*.

Was it a Dwarf named Alek? If it was... Sorry?

It was a different person.

It's funny because tonight I came across another chain knockback GF so it looks like they're becoming more common. It's pretty much impossible to 1vs1 one as a CW, or at least I haven't been able to figure out how. They can knock you down from range, charge you and keep you knocked down for what feels like an eternity, down to 25% HP by the time you can get up.

If you manage to dodge out of their knockdowns then they can block for a bit and do it all over again.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really haven't had a problem with equally geared GWF (most play terrible and never guard their back lines from Rogues). Guardians, however, I usually try to cc and keep busy until the Rogues or other CW show up to assist kill them as they are a real pain like everyone said to fight as a CW (if they are smart and plays defensively). I have noticed though, if you are not the cookie cutter arcane spec as a CW you can wear them down a lot better (chill stacks and freezes them if they do drop their block a lot faster).

But overall, they did a good job with their defensive abilities in PvE and PvP.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You can't kill a Guardian without help if he.she has any idea what they are doing. I usually just entangling force them and run away/look for some help.
  • dezmerdezmer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait for them to dash (eg not blocking), pick them up and murder them. They're much less difficult to kill than rogues or other CW.

Honestly GWF are scarier with CC immunity than guardians.
  • katszckatszc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ehe.

I'd just ask for help, any 1 v 1 encounter with a GF will hurt your match score due the time it takes to kill any decent guardian.
    And if they are good then, you won't kill them at all.
    I've met my fair share of guardians, some I can kill in a 1 on 1, but they are the bad ones.
    At one time when it was certain my team was gonna lose either way (2 AFK'rs that match lol), I had a fight with a guardian who knew what he/she was doing.
    The fight lasted like 5 minutes or something, with no winner, we would probably be fighting for another 5-10 minutes if match didn't end lol.

tl;dr
    Don't fight one alone, you'll lose time you could have spent winning the match, no reason to 1 v 1 one, just ignore them.
  • prisc2prisc2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezmer wrote: »
    Wait for them to dash (eg not blocking), pick them up and murder them. They're much less difficult to kill than rogues or other CW.

Honestly GWF are scarier with CC immunity than guardians.

I agree with you dezner, same level , GWF is a killing machine, Especially if it has cleric on his side. Big damage+ toughness. Remember GWF determination is blocking 30-50% of incomming damage. very hard to kill.GWF can kill a GF. Also, a well build GWF will damage you like a hell. giving 7-9k crit from encounter skill. You can see the meter bar below GF's hp, it is his blocking power meter. You need to put fast damage to consume that fuel, GWF determination will surely burn that meter having super fast sure strike+crits with dp and with slam (daily skill) sure that blocking meter will put to 0.... then give a disabling blow. and you can kill a GF.