test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rotating Teleporters

entropyratentropyrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
So I'm attempting to rotate a teleporter so that it correctly faces the hallway it's supposed to be at the end of. The issue is that there is no ability to rotate this since it isn't a detail while in 3D mode. How am I supposed to rotate this thing when it doesn't seem to correlate with the image on the 2D map in any logical way? And I can't actually rotate it while looking at it? Am I really expected to log into 3D, check its rotation, log out and rotate, log in to check, etc. rinse and repeat until it's correct?
If you're a RPer and looking for a place to play your Neverwinter PC pre-launch please check out the following thread. Sigil: Planar Legends
Post edited by entropyrat on

Comments

• duskdweller78duskdweller78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Campaign:Different Seasons
    Author: @BardicKnowledge
    Q1: Prologue - The Lady and the Worm NW-DPQPJSVTH
    Tags: #Challenge, #Story, #Solo, #Group
  • entropyratentropyrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is painfully stupid that Cryptic:

a) Expected people to figure this out considering how counter intuitive this is.
    b) Not giving the option to manually move/rotate in 3D.

Thanks Dusk.
    If you're a RPer and looking for a place to play your Neverwinter PC pre-launch please check out the following thread. Sigil: Planar Legends
  • gigabullobgigabullob Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    entropyrat wrote: »
    It is painfully stupid that Cryptic:

a) Expected people to figure this out considering how counter intuitive this is.
    b) Not giving the option to manually move/rotate in 3D.

Thanks Dusk.

Pretty sure they this is a bug and they didn't expect us to convert degrees to radians... I'm sure the intent was for the box to accept values in degrees as it is labeled.
  • mirarkittymirarkitty Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a very understandable bug, too. All the computational math would be done in radians (sin, cos, etc takes radians in any commonly used programming language; conversions to quaternions or rotational matrices would also use radians). Just multiply by pi, divide by 180 (close to /57.3 or *0.01745).