test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server maintenance at this hour ?

zaboocakeszaboocakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Post edited by zaboocakes on

Comments

• square0square0 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when it comes to the internet, "this hour" is basically every hour
  • adrerraadrerra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have a nice day!
  • obrotherobrother Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone know an ETA?
  • r3n0tzzr3n0tzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soon (tm)

:)
  • bridgemongerbridgemonger Member Posts: 194 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I heard it was a queue and loot hotfix. they noticed server demand going down, and all the mods and devs that have been watching game chat and the forums told them we need to do something about this, and someone finally said okay.
    60cw 51tr 16dc 5gf
  • zaboocakeszaboocakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard it was a queue and loot hotfix. they noticed server demand going down, and all the mods and devs that have been watching game chat and the forums told them we need to do something about this, and someone finally said okay.

and you work for them ?
  • pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just taking the portal out of a skirmish, haha, least I got to finish it. When I was deconned I thought it was a bug in the portal at first.
  • fakfejsfakfejs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its only 1 hour and half. Relax. Fixing bugs is nice. I should be angry since i was ending cragmire crypt solo run :D
  • deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    Hahah every maintenance there is one of these threads ;)
  • adrerraadrerra Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaboocakes wrote: »
    and you work for them ?

Not anymore with such notions. They had to "let him go".
  • direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I heard it was a fix of the recent ninja nerf of Lashing Blade, so that a halfling with 19 strength could consistently hit for over 10k with it.
  • moriktraskmoriktrask Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Maintenance at this hour? Tells us they're on top of things. And they found something that needed fixed. This is a good thing.
  • pahnyepahnye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I don't mind the maintenance at mid-night. Now I get to go to bed for a change.
  • coggagecoggage Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaboocakes wrote: »
    It's a fantastic time! Maintenance at 8am local time, back on 9.30am and all the while I'm having a nice lie-in and sorting out Trade missions with my army of hirelings with my Android tablet. Then, a nice uninterrupted Saturday session of Neverwinter. I hope they patch at this time of day EVERY day they do a maintenance! :)
  • voqarvoqar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Even though the cash shop is live and kicking and there will be no character wipe, the game is still in "open beta" nudge nudge wink wink.

That's their excuse for a missing race, class, broken features like the AH and other stuff, and so on. No big really, no MMO ever releases fully complete or without issues and this game is plenty playable and in pretty good shape all things considered.

Calling it open beta is kind of hilarious, and seeing mental midgets defend the whole open beta concept for PWI in kindergarten chat is even more hilarious. The game is released. They can call it alpha, beta, zeta, an orange, or a potato. At this point those terms are meaningless.

And it doesn't really matter, does it? People are playing like it's release, tons of people are already 60 and pushing endgame content (in a ridiculously paltry amount of time), people are using the cash shop, and so on. It's on.

Any MMORPG can have down time at any time. I would imagine they didn't want to bring the servers down on a weekend night with tons of players online but at the same time people have been complaining about lag in town all day and the rubber banding and such can get to be pretty brutal. I'm sure there's a good reason they had to bring down the servers.

For bonus amusement the announcement in the forum said the servers would be down for brief maintenance. To me, that's like 15 minues or less. Brief. I wouldn't call 1.5 hours "brief" by any stretch. 1.5 hours is brief vs 8 hours but for a game that's basically live 1.5 hours is a pretty long time.
  • fotzikfotzik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually I like this time more than the previous times. Works well for EU and US at least.
  • jjeshopjjeshop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coggage wrote: »
    Maintenance at 8am local time, back on 9.30am and all the while I'm having a nice lie-in and sorting out Trade missions with my army of hirelings with my Android tablet.

The gateway is also down during maintenance...how are you doing this?
    IGN: Teseanna

Closed :D Beta :D Tester
    [SIGPIC]i100.photobucket.com/albums/m23/jjeshop/ooo-1.png[/SIGPIC]
  • nymsnyms Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? No matter when they choose to do maintenance, there is always that one guy. Hyperfocus on ONE hobby much? I'm pretty sure that most level headed and life engaged people appreciate a company working to improve their product. So... calm down, take a breath and find something better to do with your time than be yet another reason people think gamers are a complete waste.
    edited May 2013
    Actually $200 wasn't a bad deal. in my opinion. All my toons get a purple mount, that's $120. They all get a purple companion too, another $120 or so. Not to mention the opt weapon at level 60 and a few other goodies, all in all pretty sweet deal.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    fotzik wrote: »
    Actually I like this time more than the previous times. Works well for EU and US at least.

I think it's a pretty good compromise, though I imagine it's not ideal for people in Oceania. I think it's around 5-6pm in Sydney on a Saturday afternoon. But for the US and the EU this works. Much later and it cuts into the EU times, especially on a weekend, and earlier and it cuts into the US prime time.

But at the end of the day I'm glad to see these frequent patch releases and short maintenance periods. I'd rather have four 1-2 hours downtimes per week than one that's 8+ hours on a single day.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • phingersphingers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least the maintenance this weekend isn't effecting the other Cryptic games like last weekend, that ticked me off, but as they say, don't put all your eggs in one basket (could mean don't have one log-in server for all your games (Cryptic) or don't rely on one single company for a back-up game in case one game crashes (me)) ...

I hope this "brief™ downtime" doesn't end up being more than 1.5 hours, otherwise I will lose out on playing for the entire day, again.
    edited May 2013
    The one thing that really pees me off is that I paid for the hero of the north package and I still don't have the title on the forums.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's 12:38AM for me, so perfect time for me.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pahnye wrote: »
    The one thing that really pees me off is that I paid for the hero of the north package and I still don't have the title on the forums.

You need to turn it on by yourself. :) Here's how:

Go to to http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/profile.php?do=editusergroups and check the radio button next to the HotN entry where it says, "Identify me as a member of this group". Then click on "Update Display Groups". Your tag should then show up under your name.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good time if you ask me us aussies get to go make our dinner americans can get an early night from all those all nighters lol and the brits can have a sleep in win win if you ask me
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Servers are back up. I'm ingame nao.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Darn it. I meant to do dishes and got distracted by the forum and with updating the class builds list ...

No discipline, I swear.
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »

Lies! :rolleyes:
    edited May 2013
    Nah, he's right, Dragon's up, so presumably the others are too!