test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PvP gear BoE, Glory gain rates, diminishing returns, abandoning matches

seyerjeseyerje Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hello dear players, and Cryptic godly employees.

-PvP gear needs to seriously become Bind on pickup. (One person playing 24/7 selling it on the AH isn't the way to go)

-The glory gained per hour, and/or prices of pvp gear need to be readjusted. As is a full pvp set can be obtained in 5-6 hours of play.

- we should be able to report afkayers.

-afkaying or quitting should give u a debuff that keeps you from requeuing.

-Being stunlocked due to lack of any type of diminishing return, is one of the most annoying things about pvp. Other than that its great. I am a wizard and I refuse to use "entangling force" the gayness potential of this power is to much.

-pvp oriented rings, enchantments, enhancements, mounts, social clothes, would be great but not a priority.

Thank you and I love your game.
Post edited by seyerje on

Comments

• Options
    supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    - It's fine being BoE. The PvP gear market is so watered down at this point that the profit is near negligible.

- The PvP set being obtainable so easily isn't game breaking or something that should be looked into. The set sucks. If you're worried about people getting gear easily, look to getting the boss exploits fixed first.

- Yes, agreed.

- Yes, agreed.

- I can't speak for every class but I know a few have CC immune skills. Use them. People complain about CC yet that have all DPS powers socketed. These players are bad.

- I think I remember a mount being on the PvP vendor during CB but I might just be remembering wrong.

Really, all we need is for Gauntlegrym to be released.
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i earned 26 glory the last match I was in.

This was during the 150% glory boost.

I earned 45 the match before and I came second on my team.

What are you earning per match that you can get the gear in 5-6 hours? Cuz if these numbers are with the 150% boost, then I'd say the amount earned per match needs BOOSTED.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mal3volentmal3volent Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    i earned 26 glory the last match I was in.

This was during the 150% glory boost.

I earned 45 the match before and I came second on my team.

What are you earning per match that you can get the gear in 5-6 hours? Cuz if these numbers are with the 150% boost, then I'd say the amount earned per match needs BOOSTED.

If you are talking about the pop up at the end of a match that is the BONUS glory. You get more.
  • Options
    arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You get 800 glory base for a win and 400 base glory for a loss at 60. These numbers are modified by performance in the game.
    nwsignature.jpg
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    at 60 you get 700 glory for a win and 350 for a loss flat rate guaranteed. Anything else is a bonus based on "performance".

I agree with everything the OP said. I too play CW and don't use Entangling Force because it is a non sense no skill involved spell that ruins any kind of actual action/fun. RoE ->Choke-> 2nd RoE-> Chill Strike-> Conduit of Ice or Steal Time , RoF rinse and repeat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly, I like the system. It helps for fresh 60's so they can get into dungeons quicker. I think it should stay the way it is. Put a better set in for PvP and make it more expensive. This would be an improvement for both types of players and help what you are apparently worried about. Why get so annoyed with the fact that we can help get ready for dungeons quickly once you hit 60? Hopefully it stays the way it is.
  • Options
    pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    He isnt annoyed about people getting gear to help themselves. The problem is that people are AFK farming glory so they can buy the PvP gear and sell it for diamonds/gold and then sell the ad/gold for cash. Its just another form of gold selling, and they are making it super easy for the gold/ad sellers with the way its set up now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • Options
    berrgberrg Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seyerje wrote: »
    The PvP set being obtainable so easily isn't game breaking or something that should be looked into. The set sucks. If you're worried about people getting gear easily, look to getting the boss exploits fixed first.

I don't know about that, For my gwf atleast the pvp set is very good (although this depends on what you specced in your feats) that def helps to transfer some of that into power, and the crit helps me gain that 45% defense debuff that much more likely and faster, id rather have it than some of the t2 items (though that recovery on the t2 sets is tempting i will admit it and that set does have critical aswell, but it's not something i will want to grind dozen's of times just for one piece when the pvp set is good enough), unless your also doing it for the gear score.

So i suppose it depends on the class and feats chosen.
  • Options
    oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree that pvp gear should be bind on pickup.

No reason to be able to sell something that in theory, you spent time working towards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pantamime wrote: »
    at 60 you get 700 glory for a win and 350 for a loss flat rate guaranteed. Anything else is a bonus based on "performance".

I agree with everything the OP said. I too play CW and don't use Entangling Force because it is a non sense no skill involved spell that ruins any kind of actual action/fun. RoE ->Choke-> 2nd RoE-> Chill Strike-> Conduit of Ice or Steal Time , RoF rinse and repeat.

Oh i see. cuz right now i'm just getting 20-50 glory chunks per match at level 12 but I'm assuming those amounts will increase based on the flat rate and performance as it coincides with your level (since pvp gear is for 60s anyway lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They really need to make glory gains based on time rather than just win/lose.

It doesn't make sense to make less glory if you have an even match, and gain more if you just forfeit or afk.
  • Options
    theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    On wins I get 400 ish, losses I get at least 100, sometimes 200
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    How about this instead

T2 pvp gear, costs twice as much ..or even triple.. and place a gear requirement on pvp for the love of god. I am sick to death of tight *** baddies ruining games in their filthy greens and whites, it also is these filthy scrubs that usually sit in base afk due to the fact they cant contribute at all.
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Being stunlocked due to lack of any type of diminishing return, is one of the most annoying things about pvp. Other than that its great. I am a wizard and I refuse to use "entangling force" the gayness potential of this power is to much.

The ironic part is that Entangling Force, and Control Wizard CC in general, is actually not that great compared to what Great Weapon Fighters and Trickster Rogues can do at max level. If a GWF gets the first knockdown off on you they can keep you locked down until you are dead. Wizards CC doesn't even compare.

As for the other points, I generally agree. There needs to be:
    - Easy to aquire low glory cost PvP sets (blue) at each tier.
    - Harder to obtain high glory cost PvP sets (purple) at 60, including jewellery.
    - AFK should get kicked, there should be a limit to the amount of time you can stay in the safe zone. (if you don't leave the area in 30s - 1min you get kicked out and a leaver debuff placed on you, locking you from PvP for 15-30 min).
    - Damage in general probably needs to get toned down in PvP at 60. A lot of the time its just whoever gets the jump on the other person, before they melt.
  • Options
    zaboocakeszaboocakes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello dear players, and Cryptic godly employees.

-PvP gear needs to seriously become Bind on pickup. (One person playing 24/7 selling it on the AH isn't the way to go)

-The glory gained per hour, and/or prices of pvp gear need to be readjusted. As is a full pvp set can be obtained in 5-6 hours of play.

- we should be able to report afkayers.

-afkaying or quitting should give u a debuff that keeps you from requeuing.

-Being stunlocked due to lack of any type of diminishing return, is one of the most annoying things about pvp. Other than that its great. I am a wizard and I refuse to use "entangling force" the gayness potential of this power is to much.

-pvp oriented rings, enchantments, enhancements, mounts, social clothes, would be great but not a priority.

Thank you and I love your game.

Free to play games are free to play for a reason, if you want a sub based quality game then go play a sub based game
  • Options
    akaalexeakaalexe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zaboocakes wrote: »
    Free to play games are free to play for a reason, if you want a sub based quality game then go play a sub based game

This got nothing to do with "free to play" or "pay to win" games and clearly, you got no clue what f2p means.

Anyway, all items to be bind on equip it's a big joke. Players that never did PvP can get full epic PvP set; ding 60 and you can get with 250k ADs all the set from AH ...
  • Options
    kysis020kysis020 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We shoudnt be able to sell glory items.... nor trade....
    Currently Playing Neverwinter Online

IGN: Obscura Rouge 60 , GS 9k

Handel @Kysis020
  • Options
    vylkervylker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    These are the MOST important things that must be adressed ASAP.
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that the only hotfix the system needs is to punish AFKs, since it's actually profiteable to go AFK in a match since you'll win fast 350 glory in 4 minutes. Two matches of 4 minutes are better than a 800 win of 15 minutes. This is why people AFK-farm in PvP.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akaalexe wrote: »
    This got nothing to do with "free to play" or "pay to win" games and clearly, you got no clue what f2p means.

Anyway, all items to be bind on equip it's a big joke. Players that never did PvP can get full epic PvP set; ding 60 and you can get with 250k ADs all the set from AH ...

Well, so what, it's not like the PvP set takes months to get and 250 k is pricey already considering the quality of the setting. I've only farmed the PvP sword for my GWF since the rest of the gear sucks in my opinion, though I'll probably pick it entirely for my Rogue.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • Options
    akaalexeakaalexe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what ? :) It's like the game have no pvp. You tell me what a PvP player can do with not a single thing to motivate him to do it. Items are so easy to get that they should send them in you're mail from lvl 1; there are no ranks/titles to motivate players to do pvp
    For example I don't like PvE and I start to play this game to PvP. I dinged 60, got all pvp items so **** easy, and now ? Game over :) Ofc I did enjoyed a few games, 1 shooting ppl, but thats it, it got boring, with no motivation to keep playing.

With that being said, why did they even bother to make the PvP (if you can even call it PvP) ? Just to fool ppl ?
    The joke of the year, that's what this is (even for a beta) and making all items BoE it's making it PATHETIC.

It's easy, there is no pvp and whoever started this game for it, will quit. And if they wont do anything about all items being BoE, I'm pretty sure the game will candidate for 2013 most pathetic game.