test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric endgame Gears

theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
edited January 2014 in The Temple
Hi All,

I am getting closer to Level 50 and am considering how I should gear myself, now grinding Epic dungeons could be fun but I much prefer PVP, so far I have enough glory to get 3/5 pieces of the prophet pvp gear for cleric. Now the question I have is this, will this be as good as the so called "T1/T2/T3" gears? The purpose is PVP healing, and secondary purpose PVE dungeon healing.

Does anyone use this set? if so what do you think of it, is it worthy for PVP? is it good enough for dungeons?

And since I haven't seen anybody wearing the set, would anyone mind posting up a screenshot of the set when worn as well the gear score? Asthetic appearance is something to be considered too :)

Thank you

TheIsingGuy
Post edited by theisingguy on

Comments

• Options
    theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Bumping myself
  • Options
    kaeolithkaeolith Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel that the dungeon gear is better than the glory gear simply because my build for pvp still prefers crit recovery and power over the lifesteal you find on glory gear

the glory set will be good enough to get in to t1 dungeons no problem t2 might be another story but I didn't have the full pvp set when I hit 60 right away so never tried it, if lair of the mad dragon is t1 don't queue for it with pvp gear imo, you will hate having lifesteal over another useful stat since that boss is kill mode for a cleric(all those adds imba)
  • Options
    kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you roll out of 60 with greens and a few blues you might think about spending a day pvping to get a set of gear. I know its lacking in crit but it will get you a full set of purples with good stats far faster then joining random dungeons. Will set you up for dungeon grinds anyway.
  • Options
    isendureisendure Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hello I am usuing the full set now. It's decent and looks very cool. Gear score is about 7300. You get 400 recovery and 20% divinity recharge speed which are nice. I mainly PvP and it's pretty good for that but I still get killed in 3 hits from time to time. If nothing else it does boost your gs so I'd say all in all it's worth it.
  • Options
    hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    Hi All,

I am getting closer to Level 50 and am considering how I should gear myself, now grinding Epic dungeons could be fun but I much prefer PVP, so far I have enough glory to get 3/5 pieces of the prophet pvp gear for cleric. Now the question I have is this, will this be as good as the so called "T1/T2/T3" gears? The purpose is PVP healing, and secondary purpose PVE dungeon healing.

Does anyone use this set? if so what do you think of it, is it worthy for PVP? is it good enough for dungeons?

And since I haven't seen anybody wearing the set, would anyone mind posting up a screenshot of the set when worn as well the gear score? Asthetic appearance is something to be considered too :)

Thank you

TheIsingGuy

Hi,
    Being that this will be changing for many DCs when the patch comes out--and several I know have already quit playing because of the patch...you might not get as many answers from PvP DCs here.

Right now, my DC is a high regen/defect/defense build, in all BLUES cept her ancient set of weapons, and it works quite awesome in pre vs pre, or when I am running with my guild, or if I get a decent pug team--however no matter what you do if you are on a bad team and getting focuesed by 3-5 people, gear can't save you.

i have done some T2 with same set, not CN, and it was fine, but I run with really well geared experienced players. Before this build I ran with a 2/2 set of crit and recovery.

However, I stopped playing my DC as well, and will most likely strip her of all her enchants, and either sell them, or use them to upgrade my CWs stuff.
  • Options
    thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2014
    In my personal opinion, currently the DC's PvP gear is probably the worst epic gear of any class and it is all thanks to the Life Steal stat. We don't need Life Steal as a stat and we don't benefit from it. It takes the place of something far more useful; Critical Strike. We can heal ourselves through two of our at-wills (Sacred Flame + Astral Seal) & our best AP-generating encounter (Sun Burst) so we habe no need for Life Steal.

A tip; Search the AH for ''x of Youth''. Aside from the regen, they stack decent power, decent recovery and good defense. No set bonuses, but the numbers are good. I've run my DC through every single T2 & T2.5 dungeon with two items of youth alongside two purples; Exemplar's Greaves and Gauntlets of Youth. Regen is going to be nerfed for PvPing, but I'm sure these items will still be useful in PvE and likely still better than the PvP gear in PvE.

I'd personally get these ''x of Youth'' items then hit epic dungeons for the T1 High Prophet set.

BUT, if you like PvP and with the upcoming tweaks, you may need the PvP gear for PvPing. I would still dump them/ignore them for PvEing.
    Quick blue build off of the AH;

+5 Smiting Blessed Chain Armour (105 to 1500 AD)
    +679 Power, 371 recovery, 310 defense

Exemplar's Helmet of Youth (2,964 to 4,500 AD)
    +270 recovery, +485 defense, +236 regen

Blessed Gloves of Youth (112 to 10,000 AD)
    +239 power, +239 recovery, +207 defense, +198 regen

+5 Blessed Boots of Youth (105 to 10,000 AD)
    + 239 power, +239 recovery, +207 defense, +198 regen

1157 power, 1119 recovery, 1207 defense, 632 regen

Contrast this to War Prophet PvP set;

Helm, boots & gloves
    + 275 power, +275 recovery, + 210 defense, + 171 life steal

Armour
    +427 power, +427 recovery, +315 defense, +266 life steal

1252 power, 1652 recovery (includes set bonus), 945 defense, 779 life steal

The blue build in my opinion is a superior build. It sacrifices a little power and sizeable recovery but the blue build is tougher due to regen and more defence, both of which are better stats than life steal when it comes to survivability.

Start with the blue gear, then run Cloak Tower (easy as pie) and Cragmire Crypts (last boss is a little bit of a tough cookie for an inexperienced group) for two pieces of the High Prophet set (which will give you the same recovery bonus the War Prophet set does) and you are without doubt a superior cleric gear-wise to a full War Prophet.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The DC PvP gear (both T1 and T2) are not that great. T2 (from Gauntlgrym) is far better, but it still has the problem of Life Steal stat (mentioned above) that is pretty much useless for a DC.

If you like PvP, for a DC I'd recommend you the Miracle Healer set and ring/belts/necklaces that give you defense/deflection/regen, besides the traditional Recovery/Crit/Power stats that you can get from enchantments/gear.