test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-release Guardian Fighter + some recommended changes.

bapt1stebapt1ste Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Watching this overview of the guardian fighter from the per-release version(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxT5Frh46g), starting to think some things need to return.

Enforce threat give extra Damage mitigation. - Call everyone to attack me, brace for impact. Not call everyone to attack me > block > get swarmed > block breaks > try to run > too slow > die

Mark does a small DoT. Seems like damage and heal is the biggest threat generators. While Cleric's powers heal the party, some of the them damage to the foes at the same time. While the DoT is a small - continuous damage may get the boss/add attention.

Range on Lunging strike - Max 50 ft range is great since GF move so slow.

Personal view for changes:
1) Maybe the option to decrease armor for more movement speed.

2) Performing the stab at will power moves you up a little bit. Feel this should lock you in place like the shield bash.

3) While blocking your deflect chance should go up. Make it a feat or passive. I believe the GWF has something similar.

4) Maybe more than one hit removes the Mark or change Mark all together. Other option is have attacks provide a mark with a duration when it crits or the 3rd attack in cleave or a long distance lunging strike applies the mark.

Another idea is that every six attack applies a mark, and a passive or feat reduces the number.

Another idea for changing the tab all together is to have an enhanced-block, brace for reduce damage mitigation from every direction, but can't attack while active. Drains your block meter over time, hold to turn it on and release.

Or maybe a shield rush. rushing foe with guard up stunning/weaken/(place debuff here) them. more foes hit drains guard meter. Possible movement speed increase via, feats, passive, or rank up.
Post edited by bapt1ste on

Comments

• Options
    grayhograyho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Another idea for changing the tab all together is to have an enhanced-block, brace for reduce damage mitigation from every direction, but can't attack while active. Drains your block meter over time, hold to turn it on and release. "

I enjoy this idea - but I enjoy the mark we already have SOLEY for pulling a small pack from a far distance.

It sucks as a threat generator -but it does pull a small pack towards your group if previously unengaged.

It'd be cool to have an encounter skill like the one you mentioned - but I think for a TAB skill it should be the mark it is - but one that GUARENTEES 100% threat for a few seconds, but is on cooldown.

There have been tons of times where I see an enemy chase a healer, and I TAB him and nothing happens - would be pretty sweet to have that auto-threat that enemy.
  • Options
    sixsamsarassixsamsaras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I dislike the current mark system as a threat generation. It should last longer...
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mark = total Garbage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is mark drops off as soon as the mob damages you, so while it is great for pulling a mob off someone else it has very limited use in keeping your agro built up unless you go with a turtle build.
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mark = total Garbage

This x100

Nothing more to be said,except maybe take a look at the controls of the guardian and how annoying they are, shield block should be a TOGGLE as holding shift is hella-irritating.
  • Options
    sixsamsarassixsamsaras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The mark either needs to improve or remove...it's just suck ...and shield block needs to have higher meter, it's funny to watch how fast your shield drop
  • Options
    chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The mark either needs to improve or remove...it's just suck ...and shield block needs to have higher meter, it's funny to watch how fast your shield drop

Thats a PVE issue though. You cant give guards a *bigger meter* and call it a fix. The QQ in PvP would be epic. A buff in PvE is fine as long as it does not roll over to PvP.