test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I disagree with the Lashing Blade nerf [PVP]

chaesirchaesir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Just putting that out there. It may have done entirely too much damage, but it was also imminently avoidable by most classes. I would have much preferred they nerfed Shocking Execution instead.

Now it hardly matters that I dodge Lashing Blade, and I'm still getting one-shot by that mongo orbital laser cannon of a daily. Which means terrible rogues who habitually get their Lashing dodged are punished even less, while any moron can still wreck your face with that impossible-to-miss middle finger from God.

Seems like it would have been better for the classes skill-cap if they kept the avoidable skill important, and made the much more difficult to fail skill less @#$!ing ridiculous.

Just my opinion, though.
Chaesir - 60 Rogue (Dragon)
Post edited by chaesir on

Comments

• securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The skill was not even nerfed, all that happened is that it was made so that it properly was reduced by defense and armor. It was obvious the skill was doing more damage than it should have when you compare it to all the other rogue skills base damage and what they actually hit for.

The problem was the skill was ignoring armor and defense so it would hit for full damage instead of being properly reduced, it is still easily the best single target rogue damage encounter, but it is no longer so OP that it is mandatory to have.