test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Epic Hokage ninja nerf proof.

hordokhordok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
You're a halfling and not a halforc. You also have 19 strength clearly you have no idea what you're doing. So you're a scrub and please go back to tera you weaboo.
Post edited by hordok on

Comments

• Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hordok wrote: »
    You're a halfling and not a halforc. You also have 19 strength clearly you have no idea what you're doing. So you're a scrub and please go back to tera you weaboo.

While you may or may not be right, it has absolutely no bearing on the fact that they nerfed the damage on the skill by about 60%. I just hit a lashing blade at level 20 for 2200 damage, and his at 60 in full gear are only doing 3500?
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nop i chosed halfling because of cc resist and deflect stats which is pretty useful. also i got achievment of 1000 kills in only 2 days of play after reach lv 60 so i think i know what im doing.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    blazing992 wrote: »
    nop i chosed halfling because of cc resist and deflect stats which is pretty useful. also i got achievment of 1000 kills in only 2 days of play after reach lv 60 so i think i know what im doing.

19 strength EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS INVALID!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    delekii1 wrote: »
    While you may or may not be right, it has absolutely no bearing on the fact that they nerfed the damage on the skill by about 60%. I just hit a lashing blade at level 20 for 2200 damage, and his at 60 in full gear are only doing 3500?

Not being a halforc and have **** stats do that.
  • Options
    delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not being a halforc and have **** stats do that.

No, it doesn't. 5% crit damage would take his 3500crit to ~3600 at best. Being "low" strength might be responsible for another 5% damage at worst, so take it to 3800. Doesn't explain going from over 10k damage to 3.5k damage. Don't be a twit.
  • Options
    blazing992blazing992 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Delekii don't feed the trolls or they will bit you.
    "Nerf paper. Scissors are just fine. Thanks." - Rock
  • Options
    casia345casia345 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    what are you talking about?

These numbers don't show a nerf at all. all they show is you attacking a high armor target.
  • Options
    kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    casia345 wrote: »
    what are you talking about?

These numbers don't show a nerf at all. all they show is you attacking a high armor target.

^ this.
    The number between brackets shows your dmg output before mitigation.
    So, you hit for 10k, but due to defense & probably deflection it was severly reduced.
    Learn about the game mechanics next time before going all emo.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Delekii don't feed the trolls or they will bit you.
    If I was only trolling
  • Options
    aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    You know cw and cleric got damage mitigation skills right?
  • Options
    aelvez0120aelvez0120 Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    Astral Shield
    (20' Burst)(Personal)(22s cooldown)
    Creates a shimmering shield at target location that reduces incoming damage to allies in its protective circle.
    Divinity: Allies now Regenerate while in its radius.

Okay, here is the deal. Next time you see cleric uses this power, save your lashing blade. /Thread?
  • Options
    securussecurus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The difference was the skill was broken before and would bypass defenses instead of being reduced by the defense stat. Now that the skill properly gets reduced by deflect/defense it is where it should be. Its not really a nerf as much as they fixed defense and AC not properly working on all the skills.

They did not nerf the skill at all, they only made it the same as every other rogue skill so it was diminished by defense and armor.
  • Options
    cubansyruscubansyrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17
    edited May 2013

staying up all night with no sleep is now a skill ?
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    They didn't nerf the ability really.. From what i'm noticing... They just made it so it doesn't ignore armor anymore.
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    byonahbyonah Member Posts: 81
    edited May 2013
    Regardless of what they exactly did, do you guys think 3k critical damage in melee with a slightly long CD balanced? This ability is now garbage and will be removed from every spec in PvP.

If it is not a bug then they need to slightly increase its damage in PvP.
  • Options
    direbornedireborne Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Or you need to, you know, learn when to use your hardest hitting ability and when to save it so you can get the most out of it.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    RE: The Nerf Rumor - No nerf was done. My Rogue kicks balls and I love playing him.

RE: Classes, etc. - While a class may give you a few points of advantage here and there, it is not something that rules your class. The player makes the character. The sheep above who tried to argue that you have to be a Half Orc to play a Rogue is so sorely mistaken, and no one can be that ignorant, so the only logical thing to assume is that he is trolling. Since I am correct on that, I will aim this reply at those who actually wish to get something out of this response:

I have seen MANY players since the start of the Betas perform outstandingly well on their class regardless of Race. Since this is a Rogue thread, I'll happily refer any doubters to the Halfling, Elf, Tiefling (spelling on that? WTF kind of Spell Check doesn't recognize Tiefling? j/k), Drow and Human players I have seen do massive damage as a Rogue.

To be perfectly honest I have not seen a single Half-Orc in any of my teams since they were released. Does this mean they suck? Nope. It just means I see a LOT of other classes excel in their role because the player knows what the heck they are doing. Play your character because you LIKE your character. In the true spirit of D&D, don't be afraid to BE your character in this game. If you want pre-made stats to dictate your game-play, then an MMO is not for you, and you may wish to play something more along your lines, like a first person shooter or something, where stats are the only thing that matters and teamwork doesn't.

RE: Strategy - some of the posts in this thread nailed it right on - strategy. Learn your cooldowns . . . use them when they will be most effective. This is crucial regardless of what class you play. Heck, it's crucial no matter what MMO you play. Get to know your abilities and don;t be afraid to experiment. For single targets, I very highly recommend the "Test your Might" Foundry Mission, which I use a lot to test builds on single targets before going into Foundry maps with crowd control challenges. Once I am happy, I get back out into the world and continue my adventures. Is this what you should do? I cannot say. I am only saying that this method works for me in getting to know my character and what he can do based on my play styles. About every 10 levels I take a break from questing and re-assess my skills and adapt. Hopefully this method will work for others as well, thus why I share it here.
  • Options
    marc54marc54 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Errm... i still open on ppl in pvp for 15k with LB pretty sure its fine. Stop crying.
  • Options
    zdawg1zdawg1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please stick to tera then, there was no nerf.
  • Options
    tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lashing Blade sucks anyways and rogues are only good for kill stealing. You want to dominate and carry an entire match? CW outperforms in every way at post 45.
  • Options
    zachredinzachredin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you want pre-made stats to dictate your game-play, then an MMO is not for you, and you may wish to play something more along your lines, like a first person shooter or something, where stats are the only thing that matters and teamwork doesn't.

I just wanted to say that teamwork absolutely matters in FPS games. Maybe you've played too much CoD or something but in games like Quake 3 Arena, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory etc etc you will fail pretty hard if you're not working as a team.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zachredin wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that teamwork absolutely matters in FPS games. Maybe you've played too much CoD or something but in games like Quake 3 Arena, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory etc etc you will fail pretty hard if you're not working as a team.

And I will be the first to admit I do not play FPS games, so thanks for adding that input. I have had so many roommates come and go that play FPS and they all had the same state of mind as I described, so perhaps my personal experience watching them play has tainted my view of FPS.

So even in the FPS world - teamwork can be crucial, then. Stats help, but I have not yet seen stats hold anyone back from being an AWESOME teammate in Neverwinter thus far. :)
  • Options
    flurpanflurpan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You almost make it sound like there is some kinda skill needed in this game.
  • Options
    atlantix1atlantix1 Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    Lashing Blade used to ignore enemy defenses
    now it aint
    its not a nerf they fixed the skill

i still hit 30k+ average Lashing: Flank
    22k+ average lashing: regular
    (the average damage calculated by ACT and in pve group with full buffs and 9000 gear score and no potions)

p.s: i'm halfling with 20 base STR, 18 charisma, 27 dex