test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pretty Nasty FPS Bug

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is causing it, but some class skill is causing me to drop massive FPS during fights, usually I do well around 25-30 FPS in a fight for most of the game, but sometimes there's something that someone is using that will start to bog down my FPS steadily down to as far as 1-2 FPS.

I just experienced it for the first time in pvp today actually, usually I've only had it happen in dungeons and some skirmishes (cloak tower it seems to always happen).

The only thing I could think of is Rogues, since that pvp match had tons of them but I can't be sure.

I don't think it's smoke cloud since I've experienced this even at lower levels like the bandit skirmish.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Visual settings don't make the slightest difference either btw.
Post edited by knoteskad on

Comments

• cesarvonsalatcesarvonsalat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your issue sounds like one i had recently, In Cloak Tower each and every new pull would cause a sudden fps drop from a rock solid 60fps too 9fps then it would recover. Mine seemed to be related to SLI because when SLI was disabled i had no issue.

I cant say i really managed to track down the issue, i disabled the in-game frame rate limiter which seemed to ease the problem, but in the end i ended up deleting the Gamespref.pref file located in \Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live\Localdata. This enabled the game to work in full-screen mode again and the issue appears to have vanished.

Post your specs might help & if you are running Nvidia cards try out the latest 320.00 beta driver, They contains update's to Neverwinter. Lastly capture your resource utilization to make sure you are not simply just running out of grunt when the particle effects pile up.
  • kimmyjongkimmyjong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have noticed the same thing but only since the last patch.