test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When are we going to get the Training Tomes!!!

visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
just turn them on, I bet there already programed and in the game! your just waiting so we might feel pressured to buy one of the purple companions from the Zen Market! :p Well I bought the Wolf at head start of open beta and my wolf has been sitting at lvl20 for most of this time!!!!! Gimme mah dam Training Tomes!!! please :)
jlTYaLC.gif
1.jpglXK5k1F.png
Post edited by visigoth18 on

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    I want to know too. My pocket cleric is waiting to adventure with me again.
  • Options
    zurkhonzurkhon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 390 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I agree. Delaying the training tomes is not going to make me purchase one of their overpriced zen companions.
    Just unlock the tomes already. ;)
    "Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but achievement must remain individual."

- Drizzt Do'Urden
    ― R.A. Salvatore
  • Options
    isopointisopoint Member Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's not even the store companions. It's the fact that the healer pet is so useful and that's like the only one really. This game is balanced around companions, but not around it being rank 1.
  • Options
    ashikuroashikuro Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the cash shop is done making money off epic companions
  • Options
    visigoth18visigoth18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 371 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    so? never... that's not possible :p
    jlTYaLC.gif
    1.jpglXK5k1F.png
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its on the merchant, just not available. They could be waiting till Open Beta officially ends for all we know.
  • Options
    evantecevantec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    First of all, lets get a couple things straight here...

1) For you guys (Cryptic and PW) to only allow companions to get to rank 15 MAX (level 30) while our toons rank to level 60 is ridiculous and pathetic. And when you do come out with the companion leveling tomes, I bet you will put a price tag of ZEN on them instead of in game coin, right? That is ridiculous and pathetic.

2) Bank slots! You give us to start out with, 18 slots...wow, thank you! Then, if you want more bank slots, obviously you will need them, you need to purchase more with ZEN instead of in game coin...this is also ridiculous and pathetic!

3) This game is pay to win...and it's garbage. I only wanted to try this game to see how bad the pay to win system was here and let me tell ya...it's bad!

You need to FIX # 1 and 2 immediately, perfect world. This is unacceptable.

To all the "blue" lap dog posters, I didn't come on here to hear from you, nor do I care what your opinion is, thanks anyways.

That is all.
  • Options
    desjardiniidesjardinii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 193 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Copied over from the Dev Blog for Fury of the Feywild... (So im assuming tomes will come with module 1)

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=908861

Players will definitely be excited to hear that they’ll be able to upgrade the quality of their existing companions. Would it be possible to hear some of the specific benefits one gains from utilizing this system?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven, Systems Designer on Neverwinter

Upgrading the quality of a companion increases its base stat, and provides the potential to increase the rank of your companion all the way up to 30, maximizing its end-game viability.

And of course, companions of higher rank gain access to cooler appearances!

What was the design direction behind adding a quality upgrade system alongside the already existing Blue/Purple companions?

Answered by: Lindsay Haven

We wanted to give players more options to earn high level companions without spending Zen or having to part ways with a high volume of Astral Diamonds. Rather than making a one-time purchase, players increase the quality of their companion using this process, which is more iterative and welcoming to players who prefer smaller, more spaced-out Astral Diamond investments.

Along the lines of what Matt said, we want players to have more diversity when it comes to creating a unique character in Neverwinter. Having more companion choices with more ranks and appearances will give players more choices when selecting a companion that best fits their play style and character concept.
  • Options
    sindrelasindrela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's not like zen is hard to get, I constantly find stuff in my bag, that I didnt realize was worth few hundred k diamonds, which I then just swaap for zen, with sombody who plays with thier credit card. Havn't spent a penny yet :)
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sindrela wrote: »
    It's not like zen is hard to get, I constantly find stuff in my bag, that I didnt realize was worth few hundred k diamonds, which I then just swaap for zen, with sombody who plays with thier credit card. Havn't spent a penny yet :)

You too? I have that same problem. Just the other day I found five items I had No idea where even in my Bags that sold for 500k a piece. That in turn let me trade ad for zen and then buy more things. I haven't had to use my credit cards on this game at All.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    evantecevantec Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sindrela wrote: »
    It's not like zen is hard to get

LMAO!!!!!!

Wait...ROTFLMAOTIKOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one!

Ya, it is hard to get. No thanks on the grind.
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    You too? I have that same problem. Just the other day I found five items I had No idea where even in my Bags that sold for 500k a piece. That in turn let me trade ad for zen and then buy more things. I haven't had to use my credit cards on this game at All.

Wow! How magical!

I haven't found any magical items in my bags yet like you.

How does one get so lucky?

o.O

Like I said, I have no time for lap dogs! Without a credit card OR the "GRIND"...ZEN OR AD IS HARD TO GET!!!

LOL @ items magically appearing in your bags. Send some of those my way, eh?
  • Options
    heavygunbowguyheavygunbowguy Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    evantec wrote: »
    LMAO!!!!!!

Good one!

Wow! How magical!

o.O

Like I said, I have no time for lap dogs! Without a credit card OR the "GRIND"...ZEN OR AD IS HARD TO GET!!!

The two guys you quoted are obviously using sarcasm, smart guy. And i for one, agree with them, this game may have major flaws due to the exploits and endgame content but it is far from pay to win, it is pay for convenience.

I haven't spent a dime on this game and yet i have perfect/greater enchants, rank 7s and 8s on all equipment.

Want to know the trick? PLAY WELL = Get pugs who are same skilled as you as buddies = 100% sure multiple delves = easy AD for Zen.

So stop whining and maybe transfer to a game which your brain can actually comprehend, eh? =)
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    evantec wrote: »
    LMAO!!!!!!

Good one!

Wow! How magical!

o.O

If I were to start sending magical items your way I would have to charge for my services. It's probably easier if you continue to farm A.d or use the Zen store for your purchases.

Sorry I can't help you.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The two guys you quoted are obviously using sarcasm, smart guy. And i for one, agree with them, this game may have major flaws due to the exploits and endgame content but it is far from pay to win, it is pay for convenience.

I haven't spent a dime on this game and yet i have perfect/greater enchants, rank 7s and 8s on all equipment.

Want to know the trick? PLAY WELL = Get pugs who are same skilled as you as buddies = 100% sure multiple delves = easy AD for Zen.

So stop whining and maybe transfer to a game which your brain can actually comprehend, eh? =)

There are a handful of dungeon drops still worth over ~600k a piece. I'd be shocked if anyone could make 15 mil in a reasonable amount of time without being a class whose CN weapons still sell well and needing them every time they drop.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.