test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Beta Review

vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Bugs and problems in the game

1) On a CW sometimes the Z key does not work. Seems to work fine on a DC. Video card GTX 650, Intel Core i7 Asus Essentio series

2) Stacking of items: Some items that are the same do not stack mainly ID scrolls and healing potions. I think they might be starter items but do that same as the dropped items. They take up inventory space.

3) Cannot delete some items: the Greymare chest that your blue weapon is in is stuck in inventory. Solution make it disappear when the weapon is remove or just give us the weapon minus the chest. Also nightmare chest cannot be deleted or sold which again takes up inventory space and you cannot avoid picking them up once in a while. Solution make them so you have to press F to pick up or let them be deleted.

4) To many enchants: You take up tons of bag space with all these enchants that also are ranked and then you also have the specials. Solution either reduce the number of enchants, increase bag space or have an inventory sheet like you do in crafting

5) Zen shop: It is too costly

6) Auction House: The search is buggy. Your search engine for the auction house needs a major overhaul. You also cannot search for buyout only and over all it is a pain to use

7) Respecs: Don't charge zen for respecs. Many people like to respec often and with your setup it will be too costly to respec which will take some of the fun out of your game. Instead of paying zen for respecs use gold. In the Zen shop you could added dual spec, tri spec and get money that way without nerfing the fun

8) Companions: need better write ups. Very plainly say this companion is a tank, healer or dps

9) Admin announcements: I really don't care who got the epic uber staff of Epeen and always having announcements is bothersome. Solution do away with them or have a option to turn them off

10) Remapping keys: I am a leftie and would like to remap my keys. So far only the movement keys can be remapped not the Q,E,R and Tab.

These are the things I think could be improved. Please feel free to add what you think would improve the game.
Post edited by vatasha on

Comments

• saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For point 2 remember that some items are given to you as a reward or a promotional item, these items have "BOUND" on them. This means they are "different" to the items you found off a mob drop which aren't listed as Bound. So they can't stack because of that difference, annoying yes, and hopefully they will change this later on.

As for point 3 place the items in your bank, on the auction, or trade them to others.

With point 5 the solution is simple, don't spend money. If enough people don't spend money they will re-evaluate what they are selling and at what price.

Point 6, i agree. The auction house should take some lessons from other games. Star Wars the Old Republic launched with a similar system where you were required to know what section an item was in before you could then search the item. One should never be required to dive into different categories and essentially looking for the item by hand, type in the item name, show the item. That's how an auction house should work.

I was wondering about respec'ing and if it was possible, I did not know it required zen. I would never pay to respec, thus I'll be stuck in my spec, even if it turns out I made poor choices since I'm new, or relying on buying Zen using Astral Diamonds.

I like announcements like that, however I had no clue what the announcements were. Maybe make sure that the announcements are tailored for only the rarest of items so you don't get two or three announcements at one time.

I agree with 10, though not cause I am a lefty, but because I enjoy mapping my keys like all other MMO's so I can easily move from one game to another without having to remember each individual games mapping.
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    2) Stacking of items: Some items that are the same do not stack mainly ID scrolls and healing potions. I think they might be starter items but do that same as the dropped items. They take up inventory space.

I would guess this is caused by some of the items being bound and some not, it would be nice if you could stack them together manually (making them all bound) if you want, of course a message that it will make them bound would be needed.
    4) To many enchants: You take up tons of bag space with all these enchants that also are ranked and then you also have the specials. Solution either reduce the number of enchants, increase bag space or have an inventory sheet like you do in crafting

Well yes, they want to sell extra bags to people. Careful management is needed if you don't want to go down that route. Got to level 28 and its been ok so far with just 2 bags.
    6) Auction House: The search is buggy. Your search engine for the auction house needs a major overhaul. You also cannot search for buyout only and over all it is a pain to use

Agreed, it needs more work to make the search more intuitive.
    7) Respecs: Don't charge zen for respecs. Many people like to respec often and with your setup it will be too costly to respec which will take some of the fun out of your game. Instead of paying zen for respecs use gold. In the Zen shop you could added dual spec, tri spec and get money that way without nerfing the fun

There is no reason why people should need to respec all the time, older MMOs did not have this facility before and people managed ok. Limiting repecs is a good idea IMO.
    10) Remapping keys: I am a leftie and would like to remap my keys. So far only the movement keys can be remapped not the Q,E,R and Tab.

Strange, I remapped shift to tab with my fighter today. But yes it should be possible to remap all of these.