test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will there be a preferred status when the game goes live?

csullivan765csullivan765 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello all,

I'm starting to play the game but this is my first perfect world game and I wanted to ask you guys a question before I by character slots. Will they have a preferred status between subscription and free2play? I used to play DCU online and I bought some more character slots on that game when it was free, but as soon as i did it bumped me to preferred status and gave me more character slots. So I went from 2 to 11, bit more than i wanted.

So whats the deal with Perfect world? Is that how they structure or not.

Second question. Is there going to be a full launch of the game? When the present beta ends and the full game comes out? If so any information on how things will work? Fees and such?

Charles

Comments

• saintavalonsaintavalon Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean preferred?

If you bought character slots and then received character slots, there is no "status" change, you got what you payed for.

So when you say preferred status, what exactly is it you are wanting?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is no subscription, so no preferred status.

As for release, this is it, the game is released. Cryptic is just calling it Open Beta in order to confuse people.
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • mokahmokah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fact: The game is live.
    Mokah - The Grumpy Strumpet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • csullivan765csullivan765 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What do you mean preferred?

If you bought character slots and then received character slots, there is no "status" change, you got what you payed for.

So when you say preferred status, what exactly is it you are wanting?

In DCU online, the only other free to play game I've played, they have three account statuses, free to play, preferred and legendary. Legendary is 15 or so dollars a month and includes basically everything in the game, all new content 12 character slots, no lvl limits, ect. Free to play is 2 character slots and nothing but the most basic features. If you spend $5 at their version of the Zen store you go from free to play to preferred. You get some features, like more character slots, and limited access to the higher end game content.

If this game was going to be like that then I would spend $10 on something else at the Zen store and not have to buy the character slots. I really only want 2 or 3 more.

Charles
  • csullivan765csullivan765 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    There is no subscription, so no preferred status.

As for release, this is it, the game is released. Cryptic is just calling it Open Beta in order to confuse people.

Thanks for the information.

Charles