test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AFK in PvP - WTB Statement.

kilolthsekilolthse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just saw 2 guys lvl 60 PVP Domination that were using level 16 gear they were running around the map always following each other... Multiboxing? Bots? what the hell is this... please do something about this, these people are "ruining" the pvp experience for other playing that want to have fun...

My Suggestion, Make PVP QUEUE according to gear scores.. for example at lvl 60 people with 6k-7k gear score would fight each other 7k-8k... and soo on
Post edited by kilolthse on

Comments

• njorunnnjorunn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing "looking for afk glory farm level 60"-stuff in the zone-chat in town every day. I assume "afk" in this case isn't some kind of new abbreviation and that they somehow exploit to gain glory. :mad:
  • kilolthsekilolthse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, another PVP Domination with 1 more glory farmer on the other team this time... gear lvl 16 they simply left, it's not fun to do these things
  • watchyourbackwatchyourback Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kilolthse wrote: »

My Suggestion, Make PVP QUEUE according to gear scores.. for example at lvl 60 people with 6k-7k gear score would fight each other 7k-8k... and soo on

ive been saying this for days now. matchmaking is broken because of this. why does a fresh lvl 60 still in green/blues is put up against someone in full pvp/9k+ gs. makes no sense and promotes afking.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Actually I would suggest something like this but at random intervals a random value is chosen for the cut-off point so the system is harder to 'game'.

So one interval it could be 6546-7545, 7546-8455, etc.... and the next interval from 6814-7813,7814-8813, etc.

Finally the game checks when you accept and just before you are teleported that the maximum gear score of your (usable) items and any you are carrying isn't above the boundary. If not, you get passed over with a message, but are allocated another position near to the top of the queue.

Not too hard to code and very hard to game.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    They are farming glory points and buy glory gear to sell.
    edited May 2013
    that's what i have been noticing, the increasing amout of glory farmers and people selling PVP Gear for AD
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    They are gold farmers if they are wearing lvl 16 gear at lvl 60 domination pvp.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nothing in the rules against multiboxing. Don't open that can of worms
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they're playing the game while AFK, it's against the rules.
    edited May 2013
    Obvious those characters used the foundry cheat to get to 60 and then are currently using it to farm glory. If that doesn't stink of gold farmer smell I don't know what it.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just saw 2 guys lvl 60 PVP Domination that were using level 16 gear they were running around the map always following each other... Multiboxing? Bots? what the hell is this... please do something about this, these people are "ruining" the pvp experience for other playing that want to have fun...

Been saying the same thing.....
    edited May 2013
    Obvious those characters used the foundry cheat to get to 60 and then are currently using it to farm glory. If that doesn't stink of gold farmer smell I don't know what it.

doing nothing but yellow quest i got to 60 in 2 days. foundry exploit is irrelevant. xp gained is just way to much period
    edited May 2013

not saying multiboxing is against the rules, but multiboxing while doing things against the rules is.. anyways let's just hope this problem is fixed soon
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    thehadriel wrote: »
    If they're playing the game while AFK, it's against the rules.

They're not actually afk. "afk" is also used to mean "not actively/seriously playing" these days.
    edited May 2013
    doing nothing but yellow quest i got to 60 in 2 days. foundry exploit is irrelevant. xp gained is just way to much period

well yeah you're right the thing is they were using lvl 16 gear they didn't even had helm and arms, soo i guess the guy that said they used foundry exploits is right, either that or afking pvp domination all the way to level 60
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey!

Is it actually against the rules to AFK in PvP zones or not? We haven't heard anything and I'd just like to know if people actually get banned for doing it. I understand it's unfair, but is it actually bannable.

Cheers. :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
    edited May 2013
    well yeah you're right the thing is they were using lvl 16 gear they didn't even had helm and arms, soo i guess the guy that said they used foundry exploits is right, either that or afking pvp domination all the way to level 60

im guessing he just started botting at lvl 16 or so in pvp matches. as of the moment you get a high amount of exp from pvp and can lvl pretty fast.

eliminate exp from pvp and limit glory earned on participation and maybe even bind glory items on purchase
  • stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shouldn't be, it's not an exploit.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
    edited May 2013
    In most mmo pvp items are BoP.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe just penalize them for 24 hrs, no more PvP entry. That would stop some Glory Farming and still not hurt someone who really needed to go to the bathroom
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They are farming glory points and buy glory gear to sell.

Well thought out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm in PvP right now!

Winning.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited May 2013
    its just bad etiquette. this isnt LoL.
  • ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    It's not an exploit to screw over you pvp group and get rewarded for it?
    edited May 2013
    ddamadd wrote: »
    It's not an exploit to screw over you pvp group and get rewarded for it?

nope

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • fargardfargard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Should, like every almost "Arena Based pvp in MMOs" insert an autokick after 5(?) minutes. Maybe combined with not allowing to rejoin pvp for 15/30 minutes or so...
    edited May 2013
    I don't think it's bannable but it's very unethical behavior.
  • graebeerdgraebeerd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013

Are you nuts, people would exploit the hell out of this. Remove a few pieces of gear to lower your gear score, queue for pvp, get matched according to lower gear score, then put your gear back on at the begining of the match.
  • teptepteptep Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know moderators read the forums, but AFK in PvP is getting ridiculous. Especially since it gives experience and glory while you afk. If you afk for more than 3-5 mins you should be kicked out of the match, replaced and given a deserter status unable to rejoin for 15 minutes. Also, you should not auto requeue after a match, this is a really silly feature. You can literally get a group of 5 for PvP, queue, afk, come back you all 10 levels higher with enough glory to buy everything.
  • damerflinn1damerflinn1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what you guys were all smoking when you even started this thread. This game is NEVER going to be PvP based, it's only even in there because they knew some sort of PvP needed to be. This game is about PvE and the Foundry. There will never be balance updates based around PvP, so what does it matter if half your team is AFK, there is no point to playing it anyway, within another month it will be all CW and TR anyway.