test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

9700 gs cw pvp and info

manchocolatemanchocolate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
Hey everyone im a 9700 GS CW . I came from wow after getting glad a few times not that it means anything ......lol but if anyone needs help on how to build their CW or on how to pvp with proper spells and which spells are good for what maps yadda yadda you contact me here or on my twitch which my username is manchocolate just hit me up with any questions you guys might have ill post the stats of my char below

Char name - NLR
my ability scores are all in wisdom and int
Gearscore is 9677
Power- 3500
crit 712
recovery-2500
armor pen -706
defense- 833
movement -468
health 27k

i run a movement and dmg and recovery build to travel the map quickly and allow my encounter spells to come up quicker any other questions just message GL everyone

You guys asked and i delivered heres the screen shots explanations and how to be awesome
[IMG][/img]3343f813-4261-488a-a64d-b89cb8a559ca_zps2df6a3fe.jpg
5f992b78-386f-4e57-b640-bcdee26073b7_zpscca4fdd5.jpg
EDGuOBI.png
SO ill go through some reasoning on these feats spells and why i use them
Firstly Spells is a huge issue for alot of CW's out there i see everything in pvp from shard to sudden storm..... first off this isnt PVE its PVP and your first priority in PVP is to be able to control while putting out sustained dmg so let me explain what i run in pvp and why.......

Dailies- ALways Ice dagger its just alot of dmg and chill stacks plus knockdown cc

TAB- I ONLY USE 2 SPELLS ON TAB 1 (which is my main) Ray of enfeeblement 2 is Entangling force
Ray is a very good spell especially when you get 2 of them the decent damage that comes from it along with the mitigation debuff is awesome (mitigation meaning it reduces the amount of damage that the target does when its affected by this debuff)
Entangling Force is good as well on tab when its put in the spell mastery slot it not only allows for decent cc on point it can also give you tons of damage through the arcane mastery procs it gives for pulling more people

Q- Always always always run repel on q if you dont understand why you havent played against many good rogues. Repel is super overpowered when it comes to playing against a meele class you can use it to set up combos such as use repel then glacial strike or use repel and entangling force then pew pew away and your set

E- This is where things get tricky you can run either of which spells are not on your tab key being ray or entangling force. Usually i run entangling force on this cause its always nice to have another stun so you can stack your arcane mastery procs with magic missiles

r- again always running chill spike on r.... it gives a stun and a chill proc which helps out alot ill explain more about chill and arcane mastery below

Mouse 1- Arcane missiles is always my mouse it hits for a decent amount and gives an arcane mastery proc on third strike which again ill go over later

Mouse 2 - Ray of frost always the chill procs and the slow are just way to good to not run it as a mouse 2 for easy peels when your spells are on CD

Class Features -Eye of the storm and Storm spell

Ok now we get into the important stuff on how CW buffs help us play and do tons of dmg

Arcane Mastery - as the tooltip says increases arcane damage by 3% a stack well if you look at my powers and how i have them speced into my class features arcane mastery also affects frost spells so 5 stacks is 15% extra damage on top of feats and everything else your coming out to about 37% extra damage with frost and arcane spells which can really hurt.

Chill- This is fun if you have ever played wow chill is a DOT frost nova most spells apply this and they allow you to do more damage to targets with frost spells while also stunning them when it gets to a certain number of stacks

Any other questions or anyone else want me to update something about this post please message me or leave a comment on here thanx guys for the feedback
Post edited by manchocolate on

Comments

• imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Would you mind posting a screenshot of your feats screen? Thanks!

(Gladiator in WoW usually means something, unless it was with a DK when WotLK came out! :p)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • deimar0deimar0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would love to see how you spent your points for powers/feats/paragon.

I'm at a point where I need to choose to go ice or arcane build and not sure which to go. I prefer building for pvp.

I'm also curious to know what race you chose.

Last question, with such high recovery, how much difference do you see in your spell cooldowns? (how significant is it, can you give numbers for example?)

thanks!!
  • kebnex8kebnex8 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wtb screenshots of your powers and feats! TY :)
  • manchocolatemanchocolate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pics uploaded
  • manchocolatemanchocolate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everything has been updated for everybody message me if theres anything i missed and you think i need to add it to post
  • vetian90vetian90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NLR (Manchocolate) and I play together quite often, we designed this build together. I use a slightly different variation with my feats but all the skills remain the same.

Here is my build.

ZcmmUqO.png
    RFgI8QQ.png
    5x5UuqS.png
    mD5DLp3.png

If you want to learn how to use our builds you can watch me streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/vetian or check my youtube http://www.youtube.com/vetianhd
    I'll post a full view of my character and build tomorrow. I'll be uploading more of my footage from the stream today.
    Tomorrow we'll be posting an update to go further with enchants, we're still experimenting heavily with many different enchants, but we'll let you know where we're at tomorrow.
    edited May 2013
    Im getting alot of questions from everyone asking what server were on its beholder
  • vetian90vetian90 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just updated my post with new information. Tomorrow we'll be going further in depth with our builds including enchants and other things.
  • nerestro1776nerestro1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Very nice Build. I love to play my CW in PvP. Looks here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhDW6XS6w0
    edited May 2013
    @Nerestro Just curious, why do you use Shield?
  • deimar0deimar0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Which race do you guys think is best for this build?

Tiefling bloodhunt does not stack with Tempest Magic, who knows if they ever fix it.

For human, you would lost +2 in one stat but with the 3 extra feats, you could max Toughness for another 3% health and Learned Spellcaster and drop one more point somewhere else (3% area damage or 1% stat increase)
    edited May 2013
    Were streaming come watch
    edited May 2013
  • protochildprotochild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What are your thoughts on Wis vs Cha? From your experience, do you think control and recovery is better than dmg and crit chance?

Also, why not run shield? I know there's a casting time for it and it can get broken, but with your recovery and increase CC duration I don't think you would have trouble getting it up again. Though, admittedly, I have yet to try 60 PvP so I don't have much input there.
  • insanableinsanable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What type of gems are you putting into your offensive/defensive/utility slots at the moment? Crit/Power?
    edited May 2013
    @proto Wis VS Cha is based on you. If you want to be more bursty and rely on crits go with Cha, if you want higher recharge and action point you go with wis. I am currently trying the Wisdom side. The different is minimal. Switching from to the other only raises or lowers the percentage by a small amount.

Shield is terrible. Shield has a long cast, can be broken, as well as a long CD. It doesn't have the distance for knockback that repel has, and it is only usable on targets that are close to you. Repel is nice for supporting teammates as well as allowing yourself to have a low CD push for those pesky gap-closing abilities that melee players have.

@Insanable I am currently gemed for Crit, Defense, and Movement. So far these seem to be the most viable. Crit gives you more burst, but power will give more consistent damage. Up to you.
  • pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmm not sure about all that wisdom. cha gives a nice crit bonus. and with ccs lasting pretty slim amonts in pvp is the xtra 4% worth it?
    edited May 2013
    It's really personal preference. I like the Wis, I am more of a balanced build. If you want to go really crit-heavy, then you'll go Cha.
  • widowmakirwidowmakir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question has been asked about what gems you are using. My question goes along with this but I am also curious as how much does it take for a stat to be a factor.

I was thinking of trying to increase my recovery, thinking I would decrease time my encounters were down. If an encounter is 16 seconds to cool down , how hight would I need to get Recovery to have a noticeable effect on this?

read somewhere Power is 25=1
    what is Recovery?
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vetian90 wrote: »
    @Nerestro Just curious, why do you use Shield?

I used to be pretty against shield and I took Repel over it - but then I did some testing and it is a fairly significant spell, even when it is 'down'. Cast it on yourself and go let a mob beat on you for a while and then check your log. It can definitely help you last longer and the knockback isn't tiny (though it is no repel).