test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fix the loot system for dungeons at 60.

demakusqtxdemakusqtx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I'm tired of completing epic dungeons that take 40 mins to an hour just to have the epic item with defense, deflection and +max hitpoints rolled need on by a control wizard who then says "what I don't get what I did wrong" and leaves.

I know multiple classes have uses for multiple things but c'mon...control wizard able to roll need on defense* deflection* max HP* items?

Waste of time.
Post edited by demakusqtx on

Comments

• Options
    myakimyaki Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    A control wizard never has a use for any of those stats, that is correct. The loot system in this game needs to only allow you to roll need on items your class can equip and only stats beneficial to your class.
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    I'm torn. I like that dungeon loot is BoE so I can sell it. If there were class restrictions but it was still BoE, it would solve other people taking gear meant for you, but it would introduce a new problem of having people roll need on everything they could use even if they wouldn't wear it, just so they could get free money.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A dev said today that "This is on a list of things to address." in regards to everyone being able to roll Need on items, so hopefully they'll come up with a fix to this within the next couple of patches.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    A dev said today that "This is on a list of things to address." in regards to everyone being able to roll Need on items, so hopefully they'll come up with a fix to this within the next couple of patches.

Wait, a dev actually responded to negative feedback? Holy ****cakes, this is news. Especially considering the astounding amounts of quiet that we've been seeing.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    wackywalruswackywalrus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup, the loot system is messed up. I have had people ninja upgrades from me that only are worth about 10K AD and ignore me as soon as they take it. I don't know how long it will be until their ignore lists are full.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why then do Control Wizard items scale accordingly BASED ON DEFENSE? I have had plenty of green items be recommended over blues because their defense was higher. I'm not saying we need defense..but if not why are those "useless" stats on our armor?
    Doesn't deflection act a soak damage modifier?
  • Options
    cabgoldcabgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Until this is fixed, lot on everything and sell or if you win, give to the person on the team that can use it. Otherwise too many ninja looters will lot on everything and you and your team will get screwed by playing by an unofficial rule that can't presently be enforced.