test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter on Steam?

regulator2k13regulator2k13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When will it happen, if at all?
Post edited by regulator2k13 on

Comments

• Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd speculate never. Seeing as NW is already with PWE, which is somewhat a competitor to Steam.

[edit]doh! disregard and nevermind... guess I was way off base.
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd speculate never. Seeing as NW is already with PWE, which is somewhat a competitor to Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_4_4__12&term=perfect+world+#term=Perfect%20World%20Entertainment&advanced=0&sort_order=ASC&page=1

They say HI!
  • Options
    denverralphydenverralphy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    nismunismu Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013
    if you want the overlay in use it has worked fine for me. just add launcher as non-steam game .
  • Options
    ursadorableursadorable Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Why does it need to be on Steam out of curiosity? I'm playing it within Steam as a non-Steam game. Works fine.
  • Options
    regulator2k13regulator2k13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i know about adding it as a non-steam game. i mainly want it on Steam for an possible Steam achievements, other than that i dont really care if its added or not.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will probably be there once it's officially released. But that's just a guess. I don't see many betas on Steam.
  • Options
    aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why does it need to be on Steam out of curiosity? I'm playing it within Steam as a non-Steam game. Works fine.

Steam achievements and being able to download through STEAM.
  • Options
    kazawskykazawsky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    Steam achievements and being able to download through STEAM.

With a cheap and good Steam Starter Pack.
  • Options
    jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it would be awesome if they integrate with Steam trade too, but that's not likely to happen.
  • Options
    bpphantombpphantom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aullah12 wrote: »
    ...being able to download through STEAM.

This plus the time tracking feature is all I want.
    - bpphantom

Grace, Tiefling Devoted Cleric

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman."
  • Options
    fractalprismfractalprism Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it would be nice to trade some old tf2 hats for neverwinter stuff i want.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It'd also be easier to buy Zen off Steam if Neverwinter was on there.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    Give it time.. Usually takes a few weeks to a month for steam to catch up.
  • Options
    lordgabelordgabe Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yea Sto is on there and I find paying through steam is more confotable personally and I got the nice Sto starter kit which gave a really nice end game ship and was in a steam sale at launch with 75% off which was insane! And the new legacy of romulus expansion packs were sold on steam as well.
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet, Tread softly because you tread on my dreams
    W.B. Yeats

Lifer since beta its never been so good! So now can everyone chill this game is going in the right direction :P
  • Options
    forumname012forumname012 Member Posts: 59
    edited June 2013
    Maybe once the game is out of beta testing?
  • Options
    projectlibertyprojectliberty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Lol yeah I was about to say. They're not competitors, blacklight is with PWE and thats on steam...
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    When the game starts to struggle they will ship it off to Steam for the daily average of 5 million users it holds and many a new face they can pull in who haven't seen the game yet..

Until then why would they add it to Steam to give them 'x' amount of the sales..
  • Options
    jlanz1jlanz1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Guys if its on the steam does is mean it does have australia and asia server as well just like Dota2?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    jlanz1 wrote: »
    Guys if its on the steam does is mean it does have australia and asia server as well just like Dota2?

No, the only changes to servers they will do in the future is merge the servers. They have already said that is the plan. It is just a matter of when.