test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ETA of Server Merging?

hopsihopsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hello!

Ive been searching around a bit without much success.. Is there updated information on this topic?

All I know is that apparently it was being thought of having just one big "server" made up of a lot of instances.
Post edited by hopsi on

Comments

• aullah12aullah12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    soon_meme_collection_640_14.jpg
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    One the ' new game ' wave of players leave .

When is the next ' it ' game being released ?
  • enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably not till the game has more bugs fixed and the devs see a stable population. Right now you got players going in and out because its so new. If I had to guess, 2-3 months. Could easily be 6 months though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 - 7 years? Who knows.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Soon!(tm)

Personally, I'm expecting in a month or two tops.
  • jazzneojazzneo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    maybe they have to make more money to get a mega server for this game that why there 3 servers
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited May 2013
    jazzneo wrote: »
    maybe they have to make more money to get a mega server for this game that why there 3 servers

It doesn't work like that. A server isn't one PC; it's dozens, in a cluster. A server cluster can only handle a certain number of simultaneous players (they won't tell you what this number is, but it's in the tens of thousands) before it becomes unstable, and they put people in a queue before it reaches that point. If they had one server cluster at launch, the queues would have been six hours long. However, every F2P MMO has a giant surge of simultaneous players at launch, which then dies way back down. After that, a single server will only have long queues during a few peak surges during the year, and that's fine.

I would be very surprised if there's not a merge before June, and if not by then, shortly after.