test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where is the Beholder in the Foundry

foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I can't seem to find the Beholder in the Foundry?

Is the Beholder available to Foundry users?
Post edited by foundrymaker on

Comments

• kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There isn't one. It's one of the monsters that exists in the game but not in the Foundry.
  • foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Any idea if they will be putting it in the Foundry?
    Supposedly according to the in-game calendar, a foundry update is every Wednesday

Cheers
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Beholders will probably appear at the same time as other boss-type monsters. I wouldn't expect them in the first few waves of feature additions to the Foundry, as bosses are (according to Cryptic) far more difficult to add than it might seem.
  • foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tilt42 wrote: »
    Beholders will probably appear at the same time as other boss-type monsters. I wouldn't expect them in the first few waves of feature additions to the Foundry, as bosses are (according to Cryptic) far more difficult to add than it might seem.

I would be happy with few 'baby beholders' or just a normal non-boss. People just love the heck out them :D :P
  • gtdcarthagegtdcarthage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any idea if they will be putting it in the Foundry?
    Supposedly according to the in-game calendar, a foundry update is every Wednesday

Cheers

I believe the Foundry updates on the calendar actually refer to a new wave of Cryptic-selected Featured Foundry quests, not for new content.
  • tilt42tilt42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe the Foundry updates on the calendar actually refer to a new wave of Cryptic-selected Featured Foundry quests, not for new content.

That's my thinking too, but one observation I made during the closed beta was that the majority of big content patches focused on the Foundry would appear on this particular day. I'm excited to see if we'll get any goodies today, though I'm not holding my breath. :)
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As cool at Beholders are I would hope for some Orcs, Bugbear, giant insects of all kinds, Hellhounds, Lurkers, Shrieker, and of cause the ultimate bad guy Rakshasa. Oh don't forget dragons and Rust monsters and Umber hulk and Barghest and Willo-wisp.

hehe there is so many I hope for them to add.
  • borysthenisborysthenis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »
    Oh don't forget dragons and Rust monsters and Umber hulk and Barghest and Willo-wisp.

Man -- I have no idea how they'd do a rust monster in Neverwinter. "Oh hey -- that Greycloak sword of yours just turned to a few fragments of red-brown crud. Sorry! No takebacks!" :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I had the ambition to not only go farther than man had gone before,
    but to go as far as it was possible to go"

--Captain James Cook
  • ginrummy1ginrummy1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd hope that since they have "monster manuels" on the Neverwinter site that they'd actually be usable in the foundry at some point. I've got an epic "dungeon raid" type of foundry quest with a nasty Pit Fiend boss to add!
  • boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do any of the mobs in the foundry look like a beholder?

That is the real question....
    edited May 2013