test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

XP gain from Lose in PvP

chloride1chloride1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
So for days now all I've wanted to do is play a nice PvP match, I get into the game and straight away you can tell people are AFK.

The AFK PvP Farm... is a real problem and makes PvP dull and pointless... you need to change the XP gain from loses otherwise people are just gonna constantly go AFK and make it boring and pointless for others.

Please fix it... its actually quite upsetting because I really enjoy PvP in this game.
Post edited by chloride1 on

Comments

• Options
    convectuosoconvectuoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If not altering the XP gain, at least making a system where you can report a player for AFK, and subsequently get them kicked and replaced would be a good idea.
    Apart from the various AFK's I've encountered (90% of bg's I've actually played) I've loved PvP so far.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BumpBumpBumpBump
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most people aren't there for the EXP, Glory Points most likely
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I think most lower level people are there for XP, i've had a lot of people say "just AFK its like a level every 30mins"
  • Options
    quickness87quickness87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow really? I never bothered with EXP, I PvP for daily and Glory Points and it's fun lol.
  • Options
    geoffreysgeoffreys Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wouldn't remove the XP gain from losses, otherwise many might find it's pointless if they're on a loosing streak. However, a good AFK detection/kick system would be great
  • Options
    santentsantent Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    SOLUTION
    They need to imply the WoW Method: After 45 seconds of no movement or actions, you receive a debuff. This debuff sets a 30 second timer in which it says something like
    "You have 30 seconds to enter combat or you will be booted from the Battleground.
    If you fail to do this, you are booted from the Battleground. AFK'ers -- Taken care of!
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
    || Guild Recruitment Thread || Guild Web Site ||
  • Options
    convectuosoconvectuoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However, they would need to implement a system of rejoining the BG, otherwise it is pointless. You can already kick an AFK'er from the BG if you're party leader, or ask them to.
  • Options
    cimos21cimos21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    However, they would need to implement a system of rejoining the BG, otherwise it is pointless. You can already kick an AFK'er from the BG if you're party leader, or ask them to.

Yup they need to fix this in dungeons and PvP. Whether you kick someone for being bad or AFK, or they just disconnect permanently, you cannot reinvite anyone to join the PvP or Dungeon. Is this intended? Seems like a bigtime problem with little benefits.
  • Options
    joukuoj32joukuoj32 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cimos21 wrote: »
    Yup they need to fix this in dungeons and PvP. Whether you kick someone for being bad or AFK, or they just disconnect permanently, you cannot reinvite anyone to join the PvP or Dungeon. Is this intended? Seems like a bigtime problem with little benefits.

hmm we were inside idrich dungeon and 1 man/woman/whatever told us idrich boss without healer is impossible--> left when we wanted try it(wasnt party leader) but we got missing member

i joined ongoing PVP match too(maybe +-40secs after start), discover they kicked AFKer and since i queue solo game send me to them

didnt test it like party leader(inv some1 when all in dungeon), but you get to same dungeon if you are outside and rest ppl inside
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cimos21 wrote: »

Not saying they planned it, but at least this way the kick vote is only beneficial to use if the person beign kicked is more detrimentla to the party then not having someone at all.

Of course there is the stupid situation where this can be decided purely by a randomly chosen leader and even when loot has dropped but not rolled for, but that is another issue.
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem in this game is that you can't replace people. I get PVP leader fairly often, and if you are the leader you can right click and kick AFKers (which is easy to abuse mind you, so don't <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off your leaders or you might find yourself in a frustrating situation) but you still lose the match since it's 4 on 5 (sometimes worse)

Dungeons do eventually replace people, it just takes awhile for them to show up and I'm not sure if there's a "cutoff" point like killing the first boss or something. I've definitely had people who quit in the doorway get replaced automatically.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I Think all the issues in the above comments need to be looked at, at the moment the system seems to lack in certain area's which makes the game seem very unfinished, i know its in beta and that's why i created this Thread :) hopefully the Mods see it and can pass on the idea's :)
  • Options
    nomanualnomanual Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chloride1 wrote: »
    I think most lower level people are there for XP, i've had a lot of people say "just AFK its like a level every 30mins"

Yes the amount loose exp seems kinda dumb. At lvl 59 I got 5k exp for loosing and 7k exp for winning a domination match. So it doesn't matter much if you AFK in a corner or play the game the way it was supposed to be.
  • Options
    shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting rewards for losing is perfectly acceptable. In fact, it would be a horrible idea to change that because players would only play at all if they expect to win, which means finding a match would become exponentially harder.

Instead, if your score is below a certain threshold or you are otherwise inactive, you're kicked from the match and receive no rewards whatsoever. They just need some basic AFK detection.

Removing rewards on loss would cut back on AFKers, but it would also severely harm legitimate players who get bad teammates, resulting in hostilities between players and an incredible amount of frustration.