test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverending publishing?

volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Strange thing, i am publishing new version of Bloody Pit almost 1 hour now. When i checked again in foundry, still there is "publishing"
Previously this took about ~5 min.

Someone have same problem?
5cm82e.jpg
Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
Played more than 100 000 times!
> TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
Post edited by volcxxx on

Comments

• Options
    enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yep, I came here to check if anyone else was experiencing this
  • Options
    aileohpaileohp Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise, looks like its broken for everyone. Wonder if Cryptic knows about it.
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's been stuck on Currently Publishing for ~5 hours for me. I can't use the foundry because it's very CPU/GPU intensive for some reason, giving me serious lag. I could barely type out a bug report.
    Dr. Herc trilogy NWS-DHDPDVTMA
  • Options
    desero2desero2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    enct wrote: »
    yep, I came here to check if anyone else was experiencing this

dito

I hope they are aware of this issue
  • Options
    volcxxxvolcxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is bad news...
    5cm82e.jpg
    Old "Blood and Sand: Unchained" quest
    Played more than 100 000 times!
    > TRY IT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ecy4o6JqLc
  • Options
    mysterionmysterion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive submited a ticket about this as mines stuck as well.
    oh and i didnt see this thread so have already posted this in the other open thread
    made a thread in general so it gets seen.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?220412-The-foundry-is-currently-broken-as-stuck-on-publishing
    Why not try my first foundry mission with a good story if you fancy a adventure.
    The Rule of Lord Infernos
    NW-DC9P6Q161
    @blasteron01
  • Options
    skratchxskratchx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 48
    edited May 2013
    Same issue here, sucks cause I spent 8 hours yesterday working on a huge update for my Quest .. and then this haha. Hope they fix it soon!
    Quest Thread
    Trials of Atlantis
    NW-DQLT4ER2H
    • 10 Minutes
    • Standard Difficulty
    • Intended for solo play
    • High detail maps
  • Options
    levitatemelevitateme Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it appears I'm not the only one...
    Currently working on : Shopping Mall Security (NW-xxxxxxxxx)
    Author of the LGBT quest: Alternative Entertainment (NW-DHQPDNBZM)
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    Hey Gang,
    We are confident the issue has been addressed.
  • Options
    hercul33thercul33t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 190 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hey Gang,

I hope you read this.

It's still not working.
  • Options
    skylia120410skylia120410 Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    yea my latest projection as well as minor fixes to my other 2 projects still publishing as well approaching about 4 hrs here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character handle:@skylia120410
    (www.gwfnw.weebly.com)
    GWF GUIDE SITE: Still being worked on not 60 yet
    Divine Misfits (one of the Guild Leaders)(Guild Site Manager)
    www.divinemisfits.guildlaunch.com
  • Options
    xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    Mine still has not published as well, started about 3 hours ago still publishing
  • Options
    glumm66glumm66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest "B2 The Keep on the Borderlands" was published 9 hours ago and is still stuck. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    There is a chance you will need to restart the publish.
    We will continue to monitor the Foundry publisher
  • Options
    valkyryjavalkyryja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a chance you will need to restart the publish.
    We will continue to monitor the Foundry publisher

If it's stuck in "publishing" how would I cancel the current publish to re-submit? I can't find a button or command to cancel the current in progress publish. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Publish is greyed out to me, can't republish
  • Options
    drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Gang,

Thank you good sir!

I am wondering the same thing as the others though. If a quest is stuck in publish mode, how do we cancel the publish and try again? Or can you server gurus fix it on your end?
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    There is a backlog of publish request that the system is working through.
    We are hopeful the system can pick up and get through the requests.
  • Options
    lemonkingilemonkingi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good to know, but I still need to restart the publish correct?
  • Options
    valkyryjavalkyryja Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lemonkingi wrote: »
    Good to know, but I still need to restart the publish correct?

If it's a backlog, then it would seem it's just sitting in the queue waiting to be published.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    daezodaezo Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Ugh... been publishing for over 24 hours now....
    to view foundry quest click on campaign name
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    luther8luther8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest finally published about 4 hours ago, I then did another publish for all the new updates and changes after waiting that inital 18 hours, but now I have been waiting at least 4 hours with no update to the new changes.

So what ever the issue is it might still be there.
    The Adventures of Sherlock Colms

Quest I
    The Mysteries at Fang Ridge!
    Short code: NW-DGTN72HYL
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    luther8 wrote: »
    My quest finally published about 4 hours ago, I then did another publish for all the new updates and changes after waiting that inital 18 hours, but now I have been waiting at least 4 hours with no update to the new changes.

So what ever the issue is it might still be there.

It's not working again. Hopefully the Cryptic techs didn't leave for the weekend.
  • Options
    wesleyericwesleyeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 30
    edited May 2013
    It's working, but the backlog and processing is extremely slow right now as it catches up. Took probably 2 hours after they made the "fixed" announcement for my quests to go through. Ended up being over 600 minutes in queue, but it did get in. My larger quest in my campaign still hasn't gone through since it has a ton of encounters to process, but no doubt it'll get there.

Just be patient, dudes. System's gotta catch up on a LOT of work.
    Echoes of Providence: A Campaign! NWS-DD6DRTTVH
    #Story #Combat #Exploration #Long #Solo
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wesleyeric wrote: »
    It's working, but the backlog and processing is extremely slow right now as it catches up. Took probably 2 hours after they made the "fixed" announcement for my quests to go through. Ended up being over 600 minutes in queue, but it did get in. My larger quest in my campaign still hasn't gone through since it has a ton of encounters to process, but no doubt it'll get there.

Just be patient, dudes. System's gotta catch up on a LOT of work.

I wonder why the foundry becomes unusable while it hangs on publishing. If you could actually use the thing in the meantime it wouldn't be nearly as bad lol
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hercul33t wrote: »
    I wonder why the foundry becomes unusable while it hangs on publishing. If you could actually use the thing in the meantime it wouldn't be nearly as bad lol

I do not have this issue. I can edit the quest that is stuck in "currently publishing" mode just fine, it even saves.

Also, it's still not published.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    chili1179 wrote: »
    I do not have this issue. I can edit the quest that is stuck in "currently publishing" mode just fine, it even saves.

Also, it's still not published.

How's playtesting going though?

I'm trying to flip around objects and dress a scene but I can't play 3D because it ticks away trying to publish.