test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Hero having issues with Keybinds and Control.

xdeathstarxxdeathstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Good day fellow adventurers.

I just started playing yesterday. I have been waiting for this game to go live for a very long time and I already knew I was going to become a Hero to support it. Here is my issue and I am praying someone can help me so that I can get the full enjoyment out of this game.

I play all of my games with a Razer Nostromo controller and a Steel Series Sensei Mouse.

I got through the tutorial okay but I am really not feeling the use of the mouse and Nostromo in this game. In most games like TSW, my mouse it isn't something I "have to use" to play and in this game, at least as far as I have seen, I can not play without the mouse.

I usually use my Razer and my keyboard for 98 percent of my interactions with the game. So my question is to anyone who has been playing this game for a long enough time to have the controls down to an art.

If I must play with my mouse, (not preferred) I need some help setting up my Razer, keyboard, and or Sensei to make playing this game enjoyable. (i.e. making my look ability bound to keys instead of the mouse would be optimal.)

Thanks in advance for your assistance and I am looking forward to my adventures in NeverWinter.
Notouchy 60 Divine Cleric Dragon Shard
Post edited by xdeathstarx on

Comments

• xdeathstarxxdeathstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry for bumping this but I it was already on page 4 and no responses. I am hoping someone can help me with my issues.
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I don't think you can bind look to something other than your mouse. I know people are using Xbox controllers and such, so maybe you need some 3rd party program to accomplish what you are trying to do.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • xdeathstarxxdeathstarx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm.

Is there any one who has any experience in this area? I can purchase a controller if needed for a PC. Just not my first choice to be sure.
    edited May 2013
    I left this for a few days in the hopes that someone would have an answer.

I really need some help with setting up the keybinds etc... to make the game enjoyable. I am sure I can't be the only one who isn't thrilled with the controls and it would be even better if someone who uses a gamepad or even a gaming pad like Nostromo could give me some pointers in setting it up.
  • kittykaswickkittykaswick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have looked through everything on our side and i haven't been able to find anything that has to do with key binds such as an ini file or anything that we might be able to modify.
    edited May 2013
    uberguber wrote: »
    I don't think you can bind look to something other than your mouse. I know people are using Xbox controllers and such, so maybe you need some 3rd party program to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Can anyone confirm or deny if this is possible? If so where can one go to to find the info needed to run a gamepad or controller.
    edited May 2013
    Any help please?
  • opomopoopomopo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Google knows. not being mean, just google "[what controller you want to use] pc emulator" and you'll find it. Then you'll oogle or just look on the website for how to set it up.

Although I would suggest trying to play more. The controls grow on you. Also make sure the sensitivity is to your liking. You can increase / lower the amount the camera moves when you move the mouse in the options I think.
  • acylionacylion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 93
    edited May 2013
    The game client used support the use of an Xbox 360 controller, but this has been disabled for Neverwinter's Open Beta launch. Basically, it's legacy functionality from Champions that's carried over to Cryptic's later games. But again, it no longer works with Neverwinter, and seems to have been disabled on purpose.

This means the best way to use a controller with Neverwinter is now a third party utility like xpadder. There is no longer any built-in support for controllers in-game.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the responses. I didn't mean to be a pain. I just have never been a mouse user to control my look and usually avoid games that make you depend on a mouse to play. That's why I use a Nostromo keypad and my keyboard.

If I have to learn a new style I will. I am just not happy about it lol
  • flatgonzoflatgonzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game not recognizing special mouse button clicks is a pain. I just redid all the combat keybinds as soon as I started playing. You get used to certain actions in certain places.

Sorry, but I had an ulterior motive as well replying to this thread. How long is the grace period before you can start new threads? It's becoming a pain because I've run into serious issues with the game.
    Server: Mindflayer
    Vicorin, Half-Orc Great Weapon Fighter
    Raan Ilmatar, Wood Elf Control Wizard