test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What I wish....

alydarielalydariel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Other classes knew about DC healing.

It seems to me that many people really do not understand how DC heal in this game, so here is a little list of things that I wish the other classes would know about how a devoted cleric works.

1. If you stand in the shiny red circle and take a massive hit as a result don't expect me to be able to heal you back up to full, sure I will put my little healing word on you but it is up to you to take a pot or better still don't stand in the shiny red circle in the first place.

2. If someone dies in the middle of a fight and we have adds, then you can bet your wages the DC cannot rez you, we will be busy running around in circles with a nice little tail of adds following us, while at the same time trying to heal and keeping ourselves alive. If you are a dps class well you are the person that is better suited at ressing our fallen heros and not the DC.

3. I heal through dps, I need to hit things to help keep you alive, so saying something like clerics need to focus more on healing and not on dps is kinda counter productive.

4. When I am kiting I cannot heal so well, please please take measures so I can stop running and get back to healing, I expect to be a off tank it is how things are right now and the dps should really be taking care of those adds and looking after the cleric. Don't ignore the adds guys it really makes our job impossible and when we fall the rest of you soon follow us to the campfire.

5. Targeting an individual to heal is rather tricky, so it is a strictly last resort option, learn to use pots and learn to avoid damage, and if you see a shiny white circle and are low on health then I suggest to you it is a great idea if you go and stand in it. It is simple really - white circle are good for you and red ones are generally bad for you, learn the difference the DC will love you dearly for it :D

6. Finally PvP, a cleric is the first target well rightly so we help keep the rest of you out on the front lines, but just spare a thought for the healing cleric in PvP we don't get much credit for keeping you alive. Also remember our little top up heals have 3 casts then it is on a 15 second cd please have some patience we will throw you a heal when we can :)

I am sure there are more things that people should know about a devoted cleric, but the way we heal is a lot different in this game to other MMO. Learn to love your pots!
Post edited by alydariel on

Comments

• Options
    rikudou87rikudou87 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nice post and good points, had them thoughts myself. It's going to be difficult though I reckon due to the 'standard' expectations of a healer for people to realise that it is a completely different playstyle here.
    RIKUDOU GAMING
    GAMING GENERATION
  • Options
    iicepik257iicepik257 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    VERY goodpoints. For me the biggest one being we CANT heal in a boss fight while kiting (running for our lives) 10 adds. 0ne other thing we dont self heal very well.
  • Options
    lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alydariel wrote: »
    Other classes knew about DC healing.

It seems to me that many people really do not understand how DC heal in this game, so here is a little list of things that I wish the other classes would know about how a devoted cleric works.

1. If you stand in the shiny red circle and take a massive hit as a result don't expect me to be able to heal you back up to full, sure I will put my little healing word on you but it is up to you to take a pot or better still don't stand in the shiny red circle in the first place.

2. If someone dies in the middle of a fight and we have adds, then you can bet your wages the DC cannot rez you, we will be busy running around in circles with a nice little tail of adds following us, while at the same time trying to heal and keeping ourselves alive. If you are a dps class well you are the person that is better suited at ressing our fallen heros and not the DC.

3. I heal through dps, I need to hit things to help keep you alive, so saying something like clerics need to focus more on healing and not on dps is kinda counter productive.

4. When I am kiting I cannot heal so well, please please take measures so I can stop running and get back to healing, I expect to be a off tank it is how things are right now and the dps should really be taking care of those adds and looking after the cleric. Don't ignore the adds guys it really makes our job impossible and when we fall the rest of you soon follow us to the campfire.

5. Targeting an individual to heal is rather tricky, so it is a strictly last resort option, learn to use pots and learn to avoid damage, and if you see a shiny white circle and are low on health then I suggest to you it is a great idea if you go and stand in it. It is simple really - white circle are good for you and red ones are generally bad for you, learn the difference the DC will love you dearly for it :D

6. Finally PvP, a cleric is the first target well rightly so we help keep the rest of you out on the front lines, but just spare a thought for the healing cleric in PvP we don't get much credit for keeping you alive. Also remember our little top up heals have 3 casts then it is on a 15 second cd please have some patience we will throw you a heal when we can :)

I am sure there are more things that people should know about a devoted cleric, but the way we heal is a lot different in this game to other MMO. Learn to love your pots!

Excellent post, and you know where this should really go? In all the other class forums.
    Putting it in the cleric forum is good. Putting it in the other forums may actually help them.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • Options
    smikhellsmikhell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »
    Excellent post, and you know where this should really go? In all the other class forums.
    Putting it in the cleric forum is good. Putting it in the other forums may actually help them.

He's right, most of those who play a cleric already know what the op wrote.
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Your post makes me so glad I don't pug very often.
  • Options
    quttidebachiquttidebachi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lyaise wrote: »

Put it in the Rogue forum first. So they can spam their big big hit numbers on the adds first and then the boss. :p
    Qutti'Debachi - Cleric
    <Rarely Sober> - Beholder
  • Options
    oghieroghier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 84
    edited May 2013
    Hug my enormous blue balls! Really!
    - Snit (Cleric, Dragon Server)
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2013
    Nice post, very informative, learned some things about this class I as a rogue did not know.

Need more of this sort of thing.
  • Options
    ddamaddddamadd Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    I find I don't draw aggro if I avoid dpsing or healing while in combat. Otherwise I am the first to die, get res-ed, die again and run back. Thank you nw for all the healer hate.

P.S. I love it when tanks quit after the first wipe and blame the cleric.
  • Options
    alydarielalydariel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Put it in the Rogue forum first. So they can spam their big big hit numbers on the adds first and then the boss. :p

Agreed will post it in the other forums when I get back from work :)
  • Options
    grimwolf512grimwolf512 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to admit that its very odd being a cleric but not a healer.