test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF - Do we have any AXE's, Maces, Hammers?

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in The Militia Barracks
GWF - Do we have any AXE's, Maces, Hammers?

i kinda see Swords all time......

Mind Posting some SS of 60 level Weapons ? i hope they look diferent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• caramon7caramon7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wondering the same thing. All I have seen is swords and they all look the same.
  • aaeezzeeaaeezzee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've used both axes and maces, although not until 60.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aaeezzee wrote: »
    I've used both axes and maces, although not until 60.

Can you name the item ? ill buy it in the AH

i only seen Club of Orgekind so far.

or post the SS ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    At level 49 you can get an ice axe, at lvl 60 theirs a stronger version of it. 2H mace? i dont think so. I doubt we'll see any really cool/powerful axes until maybe Barbarian (assuming they use 2h axes) comes along, which is a pity since you'd think a GREAT WEAPON fighter would use more than just a sword, but his current prestige is swordmaster... Hopefully they'll add like Axe Master and get some axes in the market.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a lower level axe from the AD store. Might see if you can replace a sword graphic with an axe graphic...
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    I dont think you can reskin from a sword to an axe. Would be cool to know though cause all of the swords look the same.
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • supjeremiahsupjeremiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 569 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »
    I dont think you can reskin from a sword to an axe. Would be cool to know though cause all of the swords look the same.

You can. /10char
    Envy - 60 Guardian Fighter - Mindflayer

Wrath - 60 Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer

Envy's Guardian Fighter DPS Conqueror Guide

Youtube Channel

http://www.twitch.tv/supjeremiah
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    morbic wrote: »
    There is a lower level axe from the AD store. Might see if you can replace a sword graphic with an axe graphic...

here you go
    http://scr.hu/screenshooter/9788674/rynrjlq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gravityx19gravityx19 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    You can. /10char

You rock /10char
    Griff Hawk - Hybrid GF - Beholder Shard
    Griffeth - GW Fighter - Beholder Shard
    Twitch - WoW and NWO Gameplay - YouTube Channel
    GF/GWF Gameplay Highlights/Dungeon Runs
  • scorponok24scorponok24 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea ive seen a axe on the AD vendor lady..you also got the icon on the top bar on top of your screen were you get scrolls for AD.. just press the tab on top of the store there spesial items or something like that..that will show you a page of a 2hand axe...and i belive rogue sword :)
  • gwalahadgwalahad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think idontcomehere has hit the nail on the head in the sense that you chose swordmaster, offcourse at the moment that is the only choice, but the fact it is presented as a choice, suggest there will be more.

as for all the swords looking the same - they dont, i just got a new one and my old ne was smooth edged sleek, new one had big horns sticking out all over it.
    First foundry quest, simple and to the point : NW-DDBDRZFG3
  • djleberdjleber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone who says we should have anything other than swords isnt even reading the paragon path name so ill say it in caps "SWORDMASTER". Yes the starting class is called great weapon fighter, thats because there will be multiple paragon paths coming off the class name. swordmaster is the first, perhaps later theres barbarian which can use axes and hammers. The whole idea of this paragon class IS to use swords
  • bugbig1bugbig1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can. /10char

Can you skin multiple times?? Eg Skin sword to axe. Level get a new sword. Reskin to axe again? I somehow have a low level GF axe in my inventory but dont want to burn the graphic.
  • nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    there are a lot of weapons that have a sword symbol but are not swords
    i can list a few things ive found
    ice axe - ice area <- looks like a brute orcish kinda axe made of ice
    brimstone mace - fire area <- looks like a brute lava made club
    axe from wondrous bazar <- using it right now, looks okayish...double bladed axe...not spectacular but "realisticly good"
    axe from tradebar merchant <- cant tell you how that one looks, 400 bars are like 40 bucks, to expensive to "see and find out"
    ogre club - cloak tower <- looks like a brutish club

there are also a few swords that look very different from the norm
    one is called shadow wolf blade or something <- looks like a huge crude orcish kinda sword
    and the other reaver blade - both look quiet weird <- looks very mutant meets demon like...very weird

i have reskined my purple sword into an axe. but if you reskin - the item from which you used the skin gets destroyed...

the one thing i havent found is a good hammer
  • grouchy0grouchy0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gravityx19 wrote: »

Everything in this game looks the same...................one of the few failing I've seen so far
  • driadandriadan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently running with a stick with thorns, looted it from a boss in the cloak tower instance.

Edit: Looked up it's name: Club of Ogrekind
  • kruzjuicekruzjuice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That axe from the ice area.. anyone know where it drops/rewarded?
    Also, I saw a GWF walking around with a huge sword, that had a yellow glow on it. Looked almost crystal like. anyone know where thats from or what its called?
  • solthusx2solthusx2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kruzjuice wrote: »
    Also, I saw a GWF walking around with a huge sword, that had a yellow glow on it. Looked almost crystal like. anyone know where thats from or what its called?

The ice axe drops from the boss in the icespire dungeon.
  • remmy1313remmy1313 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kruzjuice wrote: »

Willing to bet that is the sword from the heroes box. You basically get a level 60 t1 sword when you hit 60. It has that crazy yellow glow like your mentioning.
  • akioreoakioreo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a rare axe that can be used by Level 40's up...

and I've got a Rare sword for GF...

and a Rare Dagger for TR....

DANTE SPARDA lvl. 50 - beholder
    OREO SLOW ARMZ lvl. 26 - beholder
  • akioreoakioreo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have a rare axe that can be used by Level 40's up...

and I've got a Rare sword for GF...

and a Rare Dagger for TR....

DANTE SPARDA lvl. 50 - beholder
    OREO SLOW ARMZ lvl. 26 - beholder
  • drexargindrexargin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The level 40 axe is from the "dragon egg event", called Greataxe of Rage, should still be plenty in the auction house.

Looks like this: Greataxe of Rage (Dont really like using imageshack, but i rarely upload anything outside of private guild forum)

Its ok i suppose, but it looks a bit funny with most animations imo, since the axe is kind of short and many of the animations are made for a long pointy stabbing kind of weapon, aka a sword :p

Edit: A bunch of people have already posted this axe in the other thread as well.