test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[Foundry] Respec is impossible - Stuck with a character without powers

hirichiric Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I've been testing a map in The Foundry for about 8 hours, and decided to change class to test the map for balance.

While about a week ago I switched from one kind of fighter to another with no problem, this time things went a bit differently.

I picked up the cleric (hit respec as cleric in the foudry), then I went ingame and I wasn't able to make the power point stick to the character.

In short, I have a cleric with tons of power points that I can't spend, so I'm stuck with a character named Author without any kind of attack. (not even at-will)

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue?

I was about to complete a module, how can I reset/delete my Foundry character altogether?

Thanks for your time.
Topics: ▬► [FOUNDRY] [BUGS] Reference List and Workarounds

Modules:▬► "Mind Over Matter" NW-DNASR4HTL
(beta v0.9 - improving dialogues, fine tuning encounters, 99% bug free)
Post edited by hiric on

Comments

• Options
    hemnonhemnon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same exact issue; I reckon it's probably well-known.

It's sort of inconsistent. Sometimes when I swap, things seem to go partially alright (i.e., I have the base skills and such), but other times the character comes in bare with no equipment.

Stranger still, it never lets you re-"accept" your paragon status. So every re-spec I do is an Iron Vanguard, with Iron Vanguard powers, irrespective to class.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hemnon wrote: »
    I'm having the same exact issue; I reckon it's probably well-known.

It's sort of inconsistent. Sometimes when I swap, things seem to go partially alright (i.e., I have the base skills and such), but other times the character comes in bare with no equipment.

Stranger still, it never lets you re-"accept" your paragon status. So every re-spec I do is an Iron Vanguard, with Iron Vanguard powers, irrespective to class.

Oh, I'm not alone then.
    So, well, it is more likely to get fixed if it's well known! ;)

This seems like a major bug to me, I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed/reported so far!

I've seen screenshots of people being able to actually access the character creator to build a character from scratch, but I suppose those came from an earlier version :-/

Do you know if there is *ANY* workaround to solve this?
    Are you still stuck with testing with a single class? :-/

• Options
    kal2058kal2058 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am having the same issue. I can not test a foundry mission I have worked on because it is combat heavy and I can not slot any skills.

Please if anyone knows of any Work Around please let us know.

Kal
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I submitted a ticket, but maybe I submitted it to the wrong support section, I'll try again

This is what I got:

*** REMOVED since it seems against the forum rules to post the content of support ticket.

...of course you *can't* change instance while testing in the foundry.

/KillMe (not /kill me) seemed to have at least given me 1 assigned At-Will level 1 power.

Then, as I entered the door that connected the starting map to my custom map, the game crashed. Submitted the crash info, and now I'm about to open another ticket here https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask, but feel free to do the same: the support team seems very fast to answer, but the more people experience the same issue the more likely it gets more priority.

I think it's... almost impossible not to run into this problem. I have 100% replicability chance with this issue!

Also, the inventory at level 1 doesn't even spawn when respeccing the Author character!

EDIT: also, the /gslUGC_RespecCharacter command I found doesn't work.

I only found to be working /gslUGC_GodMode (followed by 0 or 1) and /gslUGC_UntargetableMode (0 or 1)

• Options
    desero2desero2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I respecced before I started the map the first time, and now I have an encounter and an At will slot :)
  • Options
    kal2058kal2058 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any more thoughts or ideas on this?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    desero2 wrote: »
    I respecced before I started the map the first time, and now I have an encounter and an At will slot :)
    It... works like that for me too, sometimes. Now I'm stuck with a level 10 testing char with 2 at-will powers and nothing more.

I can't tell if the module is balanced or not for solo playing in this situation, and to make everything worse, most people is experiencing a lot of issues to publish the modules :(
    kal2058 wrote: »
    Any more thoughts or ideas on this?

I'm still waiting for their answer :-/
    First time I submitted the ticket to the "stuck player" department and got an answer in a couple of hours.

I resubmitted a ticket but a few days have passed and it's still unsolved.

Not being able to properly test a map is a MAJOR bug!

• Options
    edited May 2013
    UPDATE:

Latest patch says that:
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Foundry
    • Respeccing Foundry Preview characters now properly supports switching classes.
    • The Level 1 spec for all classes has been removed from Preview Mode.
    • The level 10 spec for Great Weapon Fighter now grants items in Preview Mode.
    • The Level 21 spec for all classes now includes a basic mount.

Yet, the problem is still here.

neverwinterbug01.jpg

Note that the number of spent points, the number of *apparently*assigned power slots in the interface do not match (5 vs 11), and the fact that dragging the just bought daily power to the appropriate slot results in red cross to appear. This means: for some reason I'm unable to buy the daily power (and probably other things)

Sometimes you have to insist on assigning power points without leaving the interface to make them stick, buying things around at random.
    Sometimes they commit (when the "Points Spent" counter decreases) other times they don't.
    But, this is definitely not how things should work.
    Probably having a way to *delete* the character and creating manually from scratch would solve the issue, there are probably leftovers of the previous class/version!

The screenshot is of a respecced level 10 Control Wizard

• Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This has been going on for awhile. It is frustrating not being able to test your maps. A one shot insta gib is not testing.

Testing is using a rogue to verify traps.

Testing is trying the casters to see if they are being overwhelmed.

Testing is trying jumps using a GF.

There are numerous reasons you want to respec Author.

It use to work. Find the Fix (or new feature) that everyone over in the Foundry coding corner celebrated (that hosed this) and focus on it.

Hell, don't even get fancy. Let us start with another level 1. If you are testing hard, Author does not stay low level for very long.

The big hint to examine this is the fact that all respec crashes when Author has 5 points preset. Why are there even 5 already planted. Try NOT setting the original 5 points and give it to a tester.

I enjoy the foundry, but this is starting to really annoy me. Fix It...
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Got a clue and made another bug report but none of the bug reports seem to show up. Not sure if they are even going through or are flushing into the bit bucket.

On one attempt with a level 21 GWF, I got a chance to choose the Paragon selection, it then immediately told me to use Reaping Strike, which is the first objective when you make a new character of GWF class. It then allowed me to select at least 10 of the powers before it broke. I was enabling a power, and if it took or failed, I would exit P and retry. It was rather selective about what it would accept, but it did allow for 10 skill entries before it reverted to Fail.

Leads me to think that this is like any other quest. If objectives are not met you cannot continue. All those little start up objectives are not being met when you start at level 10 or higher. No paragon select, use left at will, use second at will, and so on.

If going back to an entry level one character like the origin Author is indeed the fix here, bring it on. Something.. Anything...

I truly fear the bug reports are going into the bit bucket. Hence no listing when you refresh the ticket review page.

Maybe I have a better chance at getting this reported here.
    One can hope.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So many patches later and still not fixed. And this is launch now, not beta. Thanks Cryptic for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    rattitorattito Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am having the same issue =/

Any news about this?
  • Options
    xgesarxxgesarx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have a similar bug in the Foundry. I did return back the character to level 10, but I can not change his characteristics, powers, abilities (in the screen that opens with keyboard key 'C'). I can not confirm the changes. I also tried to change the class (e.g. Control Wizard, or Cleric or Warrior), but even there it is not possible to confirm (sometimes change) any attributes of the character. Even changing level you can not interact with powers and attributes. The only character with whom I could interact was a Cleric lvl 30, but it is useless to test the Foundry. And, unfortunately, from some days even this class can be rearranged. In this way, I can no longer properly test the story that I made. how I can fix this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Some people say that you learn from your mistakes: I make so many mistakes every day that surely I will learn soon!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2014
  • Options
    champ1on1champ1on1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone found a solution, Im also having a problem with my lvl 26 archer. i only got 16 power point spent and 10 still needed to spend. when i try to use all my poinst,as soon as i close or switch tabs it resets and goes back to normal like if i never spent it in first place. i also notice while i was spending points, it did int seem to register and it was still saying point spent: 16 and points left: 10 even thought i clearly used them all and unlock skills... but it still goes back after i close or switch tabs. so basically im stuck with a lvl 26 archer and no skills... i dont get it. this happend twice to me already. first time i thought it was me . but this time i dont even know what to think... someone please point me in the right direction im close to quitting never winter and it would suck cause i enjoy the game. But two character that i cant use power points on its wack!