test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizard T2 Set...

warbong1warbong1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone know the name of the CW T2 set? ie head, arms, feet and armor.
Post edited by warbong1 on

Comments

• soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends which set. There's the Shadow one for +450 crit, and one for +450 power and one for +450 recovery. I have a few pieces of each set, but game's down, so can't check it atm. Hopefully someone else will have a better memory.
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Speaking of sets, has anyone seen a power set for GWF? We seem to have an offensive crit set, a defensive recovery set, and a defensive HP set. WTB power. :/
  • numpadicnumpadic Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Where do we find t2 sets? I knoe t1 is from pvp but what about other, epics?
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    numpadic wrote: »
    Where do we find t2 sets? I knoe t1 is from pvp but what about other, epics?
    Run t2 dungeons or buy them....

PvP is more or less Tier 1.5 e.g.

From vendor items with seals/glory for a CW.

Tier1: 245 power; 245 recovery; 109 defense; 104 deflection; 104 regeneration
    PvP1.5:252 power; 252 recovery; 110 defense; 108 armor penetration; +432 hp
    Tier2 : 259 power; 259 recovery; 113 defense; 124 deflection; 124 regeneration

Additional you have sets with different focus, what soulwarrior78 said. Plus some really wired stuff. Got a neck item from the spiders lair with life steal and deflection stats. :rolleyes:
  • misterianusmisterianus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depends which set. There's the Shadow one for +450 crit, and one for +450 power and one for +450 recovery. I have a few pieces of each set, but game's down, so can't check it atm. Hopefully someone else will have a better memory.

Question: Why would anyone at all go for anything else than +450 power?

Crits are only 175% damage while a normal hit does 100%, so why would you go with 450 crit rating over 450 power? the only reason i can think of, is if you were able to hit a certain crit % value such as 20%/25%/33-34%/50% with that set bonus, other than that it seems weaker to me, anyone that knows what would be more benefitial for PvE?
  • warbong1warbong1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    x0y1 wrote: »
    Run t2 dungeons or buy them....

PvP is more or less Tier 1.5 e.g.

From vendor items with seals/glory for a CW.

Tier1: 245 power; 245 recovery; 109 defense; 104 deflection; 104 regeneration
    PvP1.5:252 power; 252 recovery; 110 defense; 108 armor penetration; +432 hp
    Tier2 : 259 power; 259 recovery; 113 defense; 124 deflection; 124 regeneration

Additional you have sets with different focus, what soulwarrior78 said. Plus some really wired stuff. Got a neck item from the spiders lair with life steal and deflection stats. :rolleyes:

Is the gladiator set T2? I think the power on it is 251 so I'm not sure...
  • ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Question: Why would anyone at all go for anything else than +450 power?

Crits are only 175% damage while a normal hit does 100%, so why would you go with 450 crit rating over 450 power? the only reason i can think of, is if you were able to hit a certain crit % value such as 20%/25%/33-34%/50% with that set bonus, other than that it seems weaker to me, anyone that knows what would be more benefitial for PvE?

There is a diminishing return over 3000 power. As I'm already on like 3.8k power in a mix of T1 and T2 I'll be going for the crit set. If I can find the name.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • cooldraufcooldrauf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe some builds give buffs after crits.... thats why ppl go for crit ;)
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    There is a diminishing return over 3000 power. As I'm already on like 3.8k power in a mix of T1 and T2 I'll be going for the crit set. If I can find the name.

Thanks for that information, have not seen any comments about that elsewhere. Much appreciated :)
    edited May 2013
    cooldrauf wrote: »
    maybe some builds give buffs after crits.... thats why ppl go for crit ;)

Ofcourse, but as i wrote in my earlier comment i cant se why anyone would want to go for that crit bonus unless they are able to reach a certain crit plateau i.e 20%/25%/33-34%/50%/ since your damage wont really go up all that much if you get 26% crit as opposed to having 25% crit vs. Getting that extra power.

However, if the diminishing returns are really bad, then i guess it would be better to balance it out anyway instead of stacking 1 stat.