test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So I'm leveling a second wizard!

imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Library
Well, I'm curious about the path of the Oppressor, but don't really want to keep respeccing my Renegade wizard. Plus, since I think it's easiest to get a feel for a build by playing it for some time, I decided to level up a second wizard! I have the other classes at 20-25 too, but somehow none of them really appeals as much to me as the CW. Guess it's easy to get used to one's first class and how it plays and feels.

My plan is to level her mostly through PvP, since that is what Oppressor seems most suited for, though I could see its use in high level PvE in the future (expansions, new tiers -- I think with the current content Renegade or Thaumaturge are the better choices).

I went with Tiefling and the 16/16/12 (INT, WIS, CHA) array, which translates to 18/16/14 with the racial bonus. Already a noticeable difference to my Renegade build. I considered the alternatives, but I think +2 CHA and +2 INT are too good to pass up on. Not sure about level 60 stats yet -- would make sense to go INT/WIS, or maybe something more balanced. We'll see.
Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
Post edited by imivo on

Comments

• ascawethascaweth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was thinking about making another wiz too for pvp only.
    In my case that would be tiefling again but with 18/13/13 and all into int/wis ;)
    But im not 60 on main yet, so that will take a while, few weeks i guess :D
    I didnt even know that you could go 16/16/12 with int/wis/cha, nice.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's funny I was thinking of doing similar.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Keep us updated imivo- I am really interested in the oppressor path for pvp as well.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'm glad you guys are just as crazy. ;)

Yasha, I don't know if I can "emotionally" handle leveling through PvP from 10-60. Just done a few matches and getting a working team is not trivial. May level through foundry quests and then try this at level 60!
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • kelthienkelthien Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck!!! I've been thinking of biting the bullet and respeccing mine to a control-focused build as well. Playing with pick-up-groups recently has led me to understand how valuable a control-oriented control wizard can be.

The feats are pretty disappointing, but let us know what you think of them!

I'm currently running Conduit of Ice on tab, Chill strike, icy terrain, and Steal Time. I swap around to single target skills if there's a boss with 0 adds, but that's pretty rare. Sometimes I change conduit of ice for chill strike on tab if the dungeon is easy and damage is more useful than the increased uptime on freezes.

My damage is definitely lower, but I found both solo and dungeon runs go smoother when I'm emphasizing my control. If it stays that way, a respec may happen soon!
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started a second CW, human instead of Tiefling, but only 20 right now. Harder motivation with her though since most things aren't account wide, and a part of me is waiting for warlock to do a second character. :\