test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Theyre even advertising AFK PvP Groups in Zone. Sheesh...

ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says, what the heck has become of the gaming community to stoop to this type of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>?

I dont even know who to address, but if you have ANY sense of pride and desire for your game to succeed (instead of maintaining a trash title as its quickly warranting) you best FIX this type of thing.

Theres 3 servers. Dont cry understaffed. Police the pvp zones and ban/kick appropriately.

Make afk timers set to 1 minute in pvp zones.
Make no damage/healing/movement = 0 exp/reward.

Do something because your economy (like most players have a hope for already, yeah right) is already suffering.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Still trying to find a reference to AD in my AD&D Manuals.
Post edited by ancientwolfgr808 on

Comments

• xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The players are to blame, It seems that this game is closing in on that of a daycare, with some of the attitude I seen in game and on these here forums.
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • johnny305johnny305 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last 3 days zone chat was advertising for the exploit share quest(now patched). This game is full of cheaters/trolls and just looks like a terrible community is forming.

So many people have no desire to see any of the content, they just want to get to 60 in a day or less.

My question is why are they playing an RPG? RPGs are meant to learn the story, lore and see all of the maps, explore them and level up, that is the fun in all RPGs from day 1 to now.

I think these people play league of legends and call of duty and just think mmorpgs are meant to pvp at top lvl.... They are playing the wrong genre. Thsi games PVP is meaningless and has no rewards and no effect on the game world, so IDK why theyd want to rush to do that all day and have nothing else to do.
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Daily PvP rewards should be removed to de-incentivize this behavior, or else glory rewards and XP should scale by score.
  • xxviimbxxviimb Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Daily PvP rewards should be removed to de-incentivize this behavior, or else glory rewards and XP should scale by score.

agreed. /10
    "You have a wife and kids? If so, what would happen, if we called you in at 1am, everytime something went wrong!
    Be respectful, remember, you PLAY the game at your convenience, they WORK at no ones."
  • njgreen123456njgreen123456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 97
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Last 3 days zone chat was advertising for the exploit share quest(now patched). This game is full of cheaters/trolls and just looks like a terrible community is forming.

So many people have no desire to see any of the content, they just want to get to 60 in a day or less.

My question is why are they playing an RPG? RPGs are meant to learn the story, lore and see all of the maps, explore them and level up, that is the fun in all RPGs from day 1 to now.

I think these people play league of legends and call of duty and just think mmorpgs are meant to pvp at top lvl.... They are playing the wrong genre. Thsi games PVP is meaningless and has no rewards and no effect on the game world, so IDK why theyd want to rush to do that all day and have nothing else to do.

I'm personally not really concerned with these types of people. Let them rush to 60, let them waste all of their time in a PVP system that isn't all that great. They will get bored really fast. They will be the first to jump from the game when a new MMO opens up or gets an update. I'm fine with this. Yes I've heard that its a horrible thing to be okay with people leaving the game because it'll threaten the longevity of the game, but if we have people who are just being these 'trolls' in the community of the game... I feel that is gonna hurt the game far worse then a couple kids who are not 'investing' in the game anyway.

I play neverwinter not for the pvp. I play it for the pve and the foundry. When I started getting excited for this game pvp was the last thing that entered my mind. I was more concerned with crafting excellent stories in the foundry and learning more about the forgotten realms.

As for PVP xp being reduced.. I'd say it should be and it shouldn't be. I can understand that people love the competitive gameplay of pvp. Put in a short idle system when you are in a pvp match, and if you don't deal at least some damage to an opponent within that idle window you get no xp or glory at all. That seems like it'd fix it. I'm no programer but I don't think that would be impossible to put in. I know other MMO's used something similar to it. Basically take away the "I got X glory just for being in the match" to "I got x glory because I hit an enemy, helped by capping a point, got killed in battle" something along those lines. Seems it would fix a lot of the concerns.
  • delekii1delekii1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »
    The players are to blame, It seems that this game is closing in on that of a daycare, with some of the attitude I seen in game and on these here forums.
    The players that are to blame are the players who can fix the problem, and also the players who serve to benefit from it not being fixed.

Ergo, the only people that can fix the problem are the developers. This is not a new issue, it has been around since the dawn of instanced PvP.
  • enctenct Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »

I think these people play league of legends and call of duty and just think mmorpgs are meant to pvp at top lvl.... They are playing the wrong genre.
    The problem is, what you think the game is for, what you think about how the game should be played is irrelevant. If it can be played a certain way, it will. And don't even think for a second that the people who created this didn't make the game about grinding levels and gear. If they didn't, why would they even care about leveling fast in foundry?

Fact is, roleplaying from a design perspective is dead. Everything is done with human psychology (player retention) and money in mind, and the laziest way to accomplish that is to copy WoW's soulless methods.
  • runicfirunicfi Member Posts: 269 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You have "crappy" communities with every big game. Quotation marks because "crappy" just means the bad bits showing a lot mostly because of doomsayers, while the good are still the majority.

People just dont make noise about good things in videogame forums, mostly about the bad. I'd say the forums of big games are usually 95% crying, whining, sobbing, flaming and trolling and 5% is normal/nice discussions not related to what is bad/wrong/badwrong.

It's just how it is. Crybabies make the most noise. I'll keep on playing in my perfectly fine community inwhich you can choose to ignore idiots and cheaters. And you can choose not to do things that are broken, until they are fixed. I choose not to PvP until it actually works. It's that easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    People afk because they feel they have to do PvP for the daily quest so that they can afford the AH prices, and they afk beause it is an easy way to get welfare gear. And some afk when their PUG gets thrown in a match against a premade team, or when their team has no cleric and the other team has two.

At the end of the day, it mostly means that these people do not enjoy PvP or feel they "have" to do it, so looking into those reasons may be more worthwhile then getting hung up on punishments.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Im sure they will soon implement way to queue into special PvP game with no afk:ers, 100 zen per round sounds reasonable, right?
    Technically this issue has no effect on market balance in game so dont expect it to have high priority on patch list.
  • factorywenchfactorywench Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone needs to remember that its still in open beta. Instead of attacking the devs in the first post just word it constructively instead of offensively. They just need to make an afk timer maybe 3-5 minutes and if you get kicked you get no rewards.
  • vonthvonth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    It's not only the players to blame. The mastermind behind the game is somehow *making* people to do these things. People usually don't have intention of exploit if they feel comfortable enough.
  • hedas8hedas8 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    People afk because they feel they have to do PvP for the daily quest so that they can afford the AH prices, and they afk beause it is an easy way to get welfare gear. And some afk when their PUG gets thrown in a match against a premade team, or when their team has no cleric and the other team has two.

At the end of the day, it mostly means that these people do not enjoy PvP or feel they "have" to do it, so looking into those reasons may be more worthwhile then getting hung up on punishments.

+1
    /10char(...)<>
    "Vera libertas dissipabis omnem tantibus" me.
    Hedas 60 GWF.
    Hrod 60 GF.
    Alain Loreweaver 60 CW.
    Dragon.
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everyone needs to remember that its still in open beta. Instead of attacking the devs in the first post just word it constructively instead of offensively. They just need to make an afk timer maybe 3-5 minutes and if you get kicked you get no rewards.

This has to be your first rodeo. "Beta" is NOT an excuse anymore. You dont develop a game for 2 years and miss no brainers like this. Things like this are what WILL turn this into a "Try, Play, Leave" game when it should have, from a legacy standpoint, been a [four letter expletive] awesome game considering its roots. Its frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ancientwolfgr808ancientwolfgr808 Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sure they will soon implement way to queue into special PvP game with no afk:ers, 100 zen per round sounds reasonable, right?
    Technically this issue has no effect on market balance in game so dont expect it to have high priority on patch list.

You're kidding right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ordainedoneordainedone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're kidding right?

It's PWE, I doubt he is kidding.
  • wolfzilvawolfzilva Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 167
    edited May 2013

I think you missed the 130 page cash shop QQ thread.
  • archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xxviimb wrote: »

This is what always happens in a fully f2p game. Especially from Cryptic/PWE. The entitlement sentiment is expressed heavily when stuff is expensive and thusly hard to get without spending money. At that point the game becomes a dog eat dog community. People will try to cheat and cut corners as much as possible. Hence why you see afkers in PvP or everyone and their distant cousin rolling need on everything in pugs. Not only do you have the kids to deal with in vast numbers but you also have a huge community of pure scum and villainy.

Moreover, if you think cryptic is going to fix any of it, you are wrong. If you think cash shop prices are going to come down, you are wrong. If you think they will do something about the need/greed issue, you are wrong (and yes they can do something about that.) If you happen to buy zen and never receive it in your wallet, you will never see that zen, say goodbye to your money, you will never reach anyone in a support department, because there really isnt one, no matter what they say. we may see them fix the AH, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

I wont even bother going into the rest. Like why do you think they keep ALL of their games on the same physical server? Ever notice when one game comes down they ALL come down? They always do the same thing, hype the hell out of their games, everyone buys founders packs and zen at start, then nothing or very little changes over months and months and people leave disgusted. Then cryptic makes a new mmo, and the whole pattern repeats again.

Its very, very sad. I wanted Neverwinter to be great and and a place I could call home for a long time. But in the end, its the same story as STO is.

Disgusting.
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    T... or everyone and their distant cousin rolling need on everything in pugs. Not only do you have the kids to deal with in vast numbers but you also have a huge community of pure scum and villainy.

Actually, I don't see that. Yes, you get the occasional person rolling need on stuff that is not for their class, but in my experience -- and that's the only one I have to go by -- is that the majority of folks do not do this. Admittedly, with my main character I was ahead of the curve, so perhaps I just played and play mostly with founders, but even with my alts (all between 20-30) Ii don't see this happening in the low level dungeons.

The couple times I had this happen I kicked people for it (for some reason I almost always have the crown, but I'm not sure why), but I just don't encounter this behavior very often. Most people I do dungeons with seem perfectly decent and social players. It's definitely not as dramatic as you portray it.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what always happens in a fully f2p game. Especially from Cryptic/PWE. The entitlement sentiment is expressed heavily when stuff is expensive and thusly hard to get without spending money. At that point the game becomes a dog eat dog community. People will try to cheat and cut corners as much as possible. Hence why you see afkers in PvP or everyone and their distant cousin rolling need on everything in pugs. Not only do you have the kids to deal with in vast numbers but you also have a huge community of pure scum and villainy.

Moreover, if you think cryptic is going to fix any of it, you are wrong. If you think cash shop prices are going to come down, you are wrong. If you think they will do something about the need/greed issue, you are wrong (and yes they can do something about that.) If you happen to buy zen and never receive it in your wallet, you will never see that zen, say goodbye to your money, you will never reach anyone in a support department, because there really isnt one, no matter what they say. we may see them fix the AH, but I wouldnt hold my breath.

I wont even bother going into the rest. Like why do you think they keep ALL of their games on the same physical server? Ever notice when one game comes down they ALL come down? They always do the same thing, hype the hell out of their games, everyone buys founders packs and zen at start, then nothing or very little changes over months and months and people leave disgusted. Then cryptic makes a new mmo, and the whole pattern repeats again.

Its very, very sad. I wanted Neverwinter to be great and and a place I could call home for a long time. But in the end, its the same story as STO is.

Disgusting.

Honestly I think you are giving Cryptic too little credit. No, they are not perfect. But in defense of Cryptic here are some things to consider.

1: This is the first completely F2P from Cryptic. CO and STO are a Sub/F2P hybrid. This may explain why the C-Store/Zen Market prices are different.

2: Any issues with buying Zen is solely on PWE, not Cryptic.

3: You really think STO is doing that bad? Have you not been on there in some time? Not only has new end game content been released over the past year, but they are releasing a major expansion to the game in a little over a week from now.

4: From what the Devs have told us on the STO site, the games are not all on the same server. They do, however, share a network cluster. The recent outages that have plagued us players over the last couple of weeks were from issues with the Network cluster. That is why all of the games went down. No, it may not be a good idea for them to share even that but, at least have the right info.
  • th3n3rdl3rth3n3rdl3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its been in open Beta a whopping ten days. Give it 'til the beginning of june, maybe july. Hopefully by the than something new and shiny will distract the bronies and trolls and most will move on.
    Guys...... guys.... seriously guys, wait....... guys wait seriously......... do you smell that?
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fun fact: the pvp party leader can kick afk players.

I do it all the time, i get a lot of angry whispers. Its great.

What astounds me is when they whisper me with stuff like 'Hey what the hell man i was trying to get my pvp daily in while i took a break!'
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/