test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP-Auto Leveling Broken

trojanmandanntrojanmandann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After seeing a post on reddit about damage being lowered as you leveled up in PVP I decided to test it out and confirmed the poster was correct. The damage your tooltip states for skills is lowered the closer you get to the end of the bracket. For example, at lvl 36 my damage for an encounter was 1k (inside the pvp it was 730). At 37 my damage was even lower within PVP but perfectly fine outside of PVP. Apparently when you reach 29/39/49 the damage is your normal damage, but this is really gimping anyone on the higher end of their PVP brackets.
Post edited by trojanmandann on

Comments

• Options
    neecko92neecko92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is this what is happening? I'm not sure, but from 47 - 49 PVP I have been hitting an 800 CRIT with lashing blade with my rogue. It makes it almost unplayable as EVERYONE else can just ignore me and swat me down like a fly. Put in a ticket, but no response back. I'm 49 and still hitting extremely low and not a few days ago I was hitting 4k - 7k with lashing blade (other attacks are low as well... sadly low.)
  • Options
    mdubzxmdubzx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen these discrepancies also. I quote the Reddit post.
    This is a repost, hopefully it makes more sense this time.
    There is something wrong with PVP scaling, I 100% confirmed it last night. I noticed as I leveled in pvp from 54-60 that my damage was going down every time I leveled.
    AS SOON AS I HIT LEVEL 59 ALL MY DAMAGE CAME BACK AND IT WAS FIXED.
    I based these numbers off my cleave, I am a guardian fighter. ALL MY SKILLS WERE DOING LOWER DAMAGE.
    Outside of PVP Cleave Damage:
    LVL54 586-616
    LVL55 586-616
    LVL56 586-616
    LVL57 586-616
    LVL58 599-633 (Weapon Upgrade)
    LVL59 599-633
    Inside PVP Cleave Damage:
    LVL54 477-522
    LVL55 423-472
    LVL56 383-423
    LVL57 333-374
    LVL58 281-321
    LVL59 599-633
    As you can see, something with the level scaling in PVP that takes you to 59 (I am not sure about other brackets), is horribly broken.
    PVPing at level 58 I was completely useless. I was critting my hardest hitting ability for 1k. As soon as I hit 59, I was throwing out 6k++ crits again.
    Hopefully this explains it better!
  • Options
    trojanmandanntrojanmandann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thats the Reddit post that opened my eyes to the issue.
  • Options
    mattkrueg1mattkrueg1 Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    Well this is news.
    TEMPUS
  • Options
    kherosskheross Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have tested this and what actually happens, is that in everybrancket from 10-18,20-28,30-38,40-48, they give you like set status only thing taken i account is skill lvls ect, but is like if you had fixed stats to compensate, but when you get to the last level of each tier(19,29,39,49 ect), your real stats are the ones taken into consideration, you use you equips stats. So thats why there are players that feel wrong, others better ect, if yuo get like really good gear for your tier you will be most likely doing more damage than what you used to deal when you had the "autoscale". So i dont think is a bug, i think is perfectly working as intented and i find it fair and good, so players can pvp and not be behind and when they get to the last lvl of each tier, they can show off they hard earned gear power plus skills xD.
  • Options
    sylektasylekta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    exact thing happens on my TR and GF
    is this intended? if so congrats melee are only gonna do pvp when they are lvl x9
  • Options
    kherosskheross Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually it helps more meeles like TR. not sure about GWF.
  • Options
    yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Oh, that explains it. Was playing my 48 GWF in some battlegrounds today and it was hilariously awful. I was hitting for like 100-200 and critting for less than 1000 with single-target encounters. It was pretty lul
  • Options
    calimbo1calimbo1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My damage seems highest at the lower levels of a bracket, and my HP seems highest at the higher levels of a bracket. This is pretty broken scaling (especially damage).
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like someone from PWE to confirm this. When the only proof is player tests, I tend not to believe them because they are horribly biased.

UNLESS what you are talking about is the tooltip. If the damage is lower in the tooltips, that's a different story. But just running around and saying "I am only hitting for 100-200 WTF!" usually means you just got roflstomped by someone who out-geared you, and you just came to the forums to cry about it. No one seems to be taking damage mitigation into consideration here. Don't forget, you are playing vs different people in different gear every game, so I know for a fact your "tests" are flawed, just by their inherent nature.

Which is why I am asking, that reddit post, is he reading the damage from his tooltips? If not, this whole thread is bogus.
  • Options
    calimbodcalimbod Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would like someone from PWE to confirm this. When the only proof is player tests, I tend not to believe them because they are horribly biased.

UNLESS what you are talking about is the tooltip. If the damage is lower in the tooltips, that's a different story. But just running around and saying "I am only hitting for 100-200 WTF!" usually means you just got roflstomped by someone who out-geared you, and you just came to the forums to cry about it. No one seems to be taking damage mitigation into consideration here. Don't forget, you are playing vs different people in different gear every game, so I know for a fact your "tests" are flawed, just by their inherent nature.

Which is why I am asking, that reddit post, is he reading the damage from his tooltips? If not, this whole thread is bogus.

It's tooltip damage and in-game (PvP) damage that is bugged. Try this yourself at a higher level in a bracket (excluding 19, 29, 39, etc because the x9 levels aren't bugged apparently).
  • Options
    kimmurieloblodrakimmurieloblodra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calimbod wrote: »
    It's tooltip damage and in-game (PvP) damage that is bugged. Try this yourself at a higher level in a bracket (excluding 19, 29, 39, etc because the x9 levels aren't bugged apparently).

I'm max atm, but starting an alt this weekend. I will check it out
  • Options
    jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i can confirm this, from lvl 18 (~500 lashing crit) to 19 (~1200) without any gear changes. fkn broken **** game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i can confirm this, from lvl 18 (~500 lashing crit) to 19 (~1200) without any gear changes. fkn broken **** game.

Sigh...... this is not "confirmation" at all!

I crit a GF for 500, then I crit a CW for 1200. BROKEN GAME FIX IT HURR-DURR
  • Options
    jajajaexistiertjajajaexistiert Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    against the same class for sure, im not that dumb bro

just try it out
  • Options
    necronomniconnecronomnicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neecko92 wrote: »
    Is this what is happening? I'm not sure, but from 47 - 49 PVP I have been hitting an 800 CRIT with lashing blade with my rogue. It makes it almost unplayable as EVERYONE else can just ignore me and swat me down like a fly. Put in a ticket, but no response back. I'm 49 and still hitting extremely low and not a few days ago I was hitting 4k - 7k with lashing blade (other attacks are low as well... sadly low.)

if it was that bad just afk the dailies for pvp then. that's what I would do, no need being that frustrated and if your efforts were pointless can't say I'd blame you int hat case. that would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> me off to no end.
    So farewell hope, and with hope farewell fear,
    Farewell remorse; all good to me is lost.
    Evil, be thou my good.
  • Options
    m0n3d4m0n3d4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yes, the damage on the tooltip, when you enter a PvP arena and are scaled up, displays a range that is lower than when you are outside an arena at your actual, lower level.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I hope the developers notice and fix this ASAP. This is ruining PvP.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BUMP. I hope they address this soon.
  • Options
    eldusterelduster Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Level scaling bug is still present
  • Options
    salamansalaman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still had this bug as of last night (5/19/13).