test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding issue when changing zones

dimicus100dimicus100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hello all.

its hard to Google / search for neverwinter online stuff since the replies are mainly from neverwinter night 1/2
and when searching i always get database error :(

Anyway, i have an issue when changing zones, all the time i get kicked out to the login screen due to server not responding issue, when i login again and choose normal login i am at the new zone and all is good, just very annoying.

So in the launcher in option i choose to use EU proxy and found out that every-time i login via eu2.proxy everything works perfect, however most of the time i try to login it automatically choose eu1.proxy and when that happen
i cant reach my character select screen.

So i have to try to login many times until eu2.proxy is chosen.

Anyone know how the proxy settings works and how to manually choose so it always use eu2 proxy?

BR
Dimicus
Post edited by dimicus100 on

Comments

• zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    First of all, disable on demand patching in launcher options.
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
  • jimm85jimm85 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have the same problem. Almost everytime I change a zone I get disconnected from the server and I have to relogin.

I have tried running in safe mode, disabled on demand patching, windowed mode, flushed the dns, reinstalled the game from torrentfile, reinstalled the game from direct download, reinstalled the game from direct download from some of your affiliates, added an exception for neverwinter in the firewall, disabling the firewall, disabling the antivirus.

Nothing seems to work. My friend that have almost the exact same HW as me (except for the graphics-card) do not have this issue.

Please help us with this, it is really annoying. Another friend of mine have the exact same problem and when we party together we end up in different map instances and we cant "teleport" to eachother since then we disconnect. As you can see this pretty much destroys the game :)

If anyone has any idea of how this could be solved please let me know. Admins, please consider this as a bug that really needs to be fixed asap.

Hardware information:
    Motherboard Model: GIGABYTE B75M-D3H
    Motherboard Chipset: Intel B75 (Panther Point-M Enahnced)
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5-3570K
    Original Processor Frequency: 3400.0 MHz
    Module Size: 8192 MBytes
    Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
    Module Type: Unbuffered DIMM (UDIMM)
    Memory Speed: 800.0 MHz (PC3-12800)
    Module Manufacturer: Corsair
    Module Part Number: CML16GX3M2A1600C10
    Video Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 (GF114)
    Video Memory: 1024 MBytes of GDDR5 SDRAM
    Video Card
    Video Card: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 560
    Video Bus: PCIe v2.0 x16 (5.0 Gb/s) @ x16 (5.0 Gb/s)
    Video RAMDAC: Integrated RAMDAC
    Video BIOS Version: 70.24.18.00.01
    Video Chipset Revision: A1

Performance
    Processor Clock: 830.3 MHz
    Shader Unit Clock: 1660.5 MHz
    Memory Clock: 1002.4 MHz (Effective 4009.5 MHz)
    Memory Bus Width: 256-bit
    Number Of Pixel Pipelines: 32
    Number Of Unified Shaders: 336
    Network Card: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
    Vendor Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    MAC Address: 90-2B-34-6C-89-D3

Capabilities
    Maximum Link Speed: 1000 Mbps
    Transmit Buffer Size: 193792 Bytes
    Receive Buffer Size: 775168 Bytes
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06
  • zorpennzorpenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you disable "on demand patching" in launcher?
    Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    edited May 2013
    Yes i did :)
    edited May 2013
    I thought I should share some of the log (Clientservercomm.Log), I do not know if it will help but below is a small portion of it, if you would like the entire log please let me know:

130510 08:21:13 149 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.186.149:7001
    130510 08:21:29 150 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.186.149:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)
    130510 08:21:29 151 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link attempting connect (208.95.186.137:7088).
    130510 08:21:29 152 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link connected (208.95.186.137:7088).
    130510 08:23:55 154 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link unresponsive for more than 5 seconds.
    130510 08:24:11 155 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link disconnected (208.95.186.137:7088). Reason: socket was shutdown(10053:Connection reset locally) (socket error 10053: Connection reset locally)
    130510 08:24:16 156 Client[0 [NOENT]]: ChatRelay link disconnected (208.95.186.148:7405). Reason: gclChatConnect_Logout(997:Unknown socket error) (socket error 997: Unknown socket error)
    130510 08:25:11 157 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.186.97:7425
    130510 08:25:17 158 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.186.97:7425). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)
    130510 08:25:17 159 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.186.149:7001
    130510 08:25:19 160 Client[0 [NOENT]]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.186.149:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(0:No error) (socket error 0: No error)
    130510 08:25:19 161 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link attempting connect (208.95.186.156:7046).
    130510 08:25:19 162 Client[0 [NOENT]]: GameServer link connected (208.95.186.156:7046).
  • th3n3rdl3rth3n3rdl3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regarding the difficulty with googling I've come across the same thing. Usually thr crowd in the cloud settles on a naming convention for these sorts of things. Has anyone had better luck with anythign in particular. I've been expecting NWO to be consistent but thats usually New World Order, wtf do we call this thing???? lol
    Guys...... guys.... seriously guys, wait....... guys wait seriously......... do you smell that?
  • dimicus100dimicus100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have also tried to disable the "on demand patching" the fuuny thing here is that it works ok if i use "proxy" and it choose the EU2.proxy, maybe someone better then me knowing how network stuff works can explain what happens when in launcher choose to use proxy.

So if i use to enable proxy and login i can see in below left corner what proxy is used, most of time it says "eu1.proxy.neverwinternight.com" or close to it atleast.
    When this proxy is used i dont even get routed to the character screen and get ported back to login screen.
    If i login and out several times i can see that the proxy changes time to time.
    the second one is called "eu2.proxy.neverwinternight.com" and when that one is used everything works perfect and i can zone without disconnect.

So i guess its a routing problem somewhere and i also suppose there is a file somewhere where you can hardcode what proxy to use but where:)?

BR
    Dimicus
    edited May 2013
    dimicus100 wrote: »
    I have also tried to disable the "on demand patching" the fuuny thing here is that it works ok if i use "proxy" and it choose the EU2.proxy, maybe someone better then me knowing how network stuff works can explain what happens when in launcher choose to use proxy.

So if i use to enable proxy and login i can see in below left corner what proxy is used, most of time it says "eu1.proxy.neverwinternight.com" or close to it atleast.
    When this proxy is used i dont even get routed to the character screen and get ported back to login screen.
    If i login and out several times i can see that the proxy changes time to time.
    the second one is called "eu2.proxy.neverwinternight.com" and when that one is used everything works perfect and i can zone without disconnect.

So i guess its a routing problem somewhere and i also suppose there is a file somewhere where you can hardcode what proxy to use but where:)?

BR
    Dimicus

I think I may have a quick solution. I tried with the proxy enabled before but I never got to eu2 just eu1 which did not work for me.

1. Go to %systemroot%/system32/drivers/etc/
    2. Open the hosts file with notepad as administrator
    3. Add the following line at the bottom (without the ")
    "eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com"
    4. Save
    5. Start Neverwinter with EU proxy enabled.

This will redirect all calls to eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com to eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com.
    I have only tried it for some minutes now but I have been able to enter instances and doing map changes without disconnecting.

Thank you very much for the help realising this :)

/ Jim
  • dimicus100dimicus100 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is awesome. Im at work now but will try this when i get home :), 2 heads is always better then one huh :D
  • dcagreywolfsifdcagreywolfsif Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got the "server not responding" last night constantly. I logged in fine, but a few seconds after I started playing, I kept getting the "Server not responding" error. It happened to me no matter what I was doing. I created a new character and chose a different server, but the same thing happened. I am guessing the patch that downloaded on log in screwed something up. The night before everything ran flawlessly. Sucks to be me I guess.
  • rew1ndrrew1ndr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bump!

Please help!

My brother has this exact same issue. We have tried the following:

- Disable on-demand patching (then it launcher wouldn't even patch, it would just time out)
    - Downloaded it at my house then I gave him all the files
    - New .exe
    - Updated all drivers for hardware
    - Reinstalled

What do we need to do to play this game?! It disconnects every time he changes zone!!!
  • rew1ndrrew1ndr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jimm85 wrote: »
    I think I may have a quick solution. I tried with the proxy enabled before but I never got to eu2 just eu1 which did not work for me.

4. Save

This will redirect all calls to eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com to eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com.
    I have only tried it for some minutes now but I have been able to enter instances and doing map changes without disconnecting.

/ Jim

YOU ARE THE GREATEST.

This fixed it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
  • amonsennamonsenn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014

4. Save

Thank you very much for the help realising this

/ Jim

I do this same, but now my neverwinter start to patch and download new 4gb ... did i do something wrong?
    gwf.jpg
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    amonsenn wrote: »
    I do this same, but now my neverwinter start to patch and download new 4gb ... did i do something wrong?
    Well this is a necro so you won't get a response from those that originally posted. Sounds like you are downloading the full client did you disable on demand patching? What you quoted was how to add the proxy via the hosts file in windows which you really shouldn't need to do. What were you trying to fix? You might want to list exactly what you did and what the problem was in a new thread as this one will be locked as soon as a mod see's it.
    edited August 2014
    Ok, ty for quick answer, well i have same problems with "server not responding" i start game, first 1min i play without lags, then lags start to comming ever few seconds server not responding, when i walk my characters keeps geting back to start position, i cant load dungeons, maps, anything without "server not responding" or diconetecing, so i search this tread, yes i disabled patch on demand, and enable GAME eu proxy! pls help, do i need now to stop downloading client?
    gwf.jpg
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    amonsenn wrote: »
    Ok, ty for quick answer, well i have same problems with "server not responding" i start game, first 1min i play without lags, then lags start to comming ever few seconds server not responding, when i walk my characters keeps geting back to start position, i cant load dungeons, maps, anything without "server not responding" or diconetecing, so i search this tread, yes i disabled patch on demand, and enable GAME eu proxy! pls help, do i need now to stop downloading client?

No. The download is good and is part of disabling on demand patching. You need it. You are essentially trying to play without downloading the full game when you don't download it. After that I would revert your host file to what it was before and test to see what happens. If you still have issues open a cmd prompt and type pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com and post in a new thread with your results. You can enable the proxy but I'd do so thru the launcher not your hosts file you can see the options menu to enable the proxy in the screenshot.
    edited August 2014
    ty veru much! i try this, and i will post results in 2h cuz that time i need to download client!
    gwf.jpg
  • liquessenliquessen Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    jimm85 wrote: »

4. Save

/ Jim

I've tried this and it worked for a bit, but I kept having rubberbanding issues. And next time I restarted the game, it was back to eu1. What did I perhaps do wrong? This issue is so damned frustrating :(