test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Profession useless?

castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I've tinker a little with profession, achieving a lv8 in leadership, lv4 in mailsmith. Unlike in STO, there doesn't seems to be much point in attempting the rare quest as the rewards are just irrelevant. As for the regulars, I don't see a point in crafting armor as it seems that the PVP and dungeon drops are way better, and that it takes forever to get crafting to max level. As for leadership, I see no other point other than doing the most time efficient quest to level up leadership to unlock more profession slots, so that you can keep spamming "protect the caravan" to get the 200 AD every 2 hr.

I would appreciate if anyone who has maxed their profession can educate me on this.
Post edited by castertroyt79 on

Comments

• lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go in to your professions and change the filters to view every job. Yes, unless you are leveling your character very slow while you are leveling professions quickly you will not be able to make something for yourself until level 60. But the level 60 items are not bad. Leadership is really the one to go for, because of the profession chests and the astral diamond rewards. GL!
  • th3n3rdl3rth3n3rdl3r Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Profession resources are great for AH sales.
    Guys...... guys.... seriously guys, wait....... guys wait seriously......... do you smell that?
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Profession resources sell for a lot on the AH

Furthermore, useless? Please tell me where else I can get a chainmail shirt/pants, i have yet to have any drop or find any ingame other than what somebody has crafted.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • lazerglovezlazerglovez Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Foxwater, rare shirts and pants drop all the time from the dungeon delve chests.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Leadership is great it's an extra 1600 ad per four hours for me at the moment.
  • xenogias1xenogias1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least to me it seems leadership is the only one worth doing. Its free AD and money.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Leadership is great it's an extra 1600 ad per four hours for me at the moment.

Pretty much this ^

@ the OP , play the game for a while you'll understand eventually why professions are good to have at max lvl .
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just run the level 6 mission that gives you a box, coin, experience, diamonds, and leadership experience in 4 hours.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    Profession resources sell for a lot on the AH

Furthermore, useless? Please tell me where else I can get a chainmail shirt/pants, i have yet to have any drop or find any ingame other than what somebody has crafted.

I have noticed this LONG ago... check my sig :P
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • kshoksho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 85
    edited May 2013
    For me entire profesions mechanic is fantastic, always want to have "workers" to do a job for me (pretty bored of OLD proffesions mechanic where we collect everything personnaly), especially i like leadership..."Protect the caravan", "Lay siege on enemy stronghold" etc.

@Thread
    Profession useless?? Not completly, but how much you spend time on profesions?? Few minutes, click click and serwants do everything as you command them and clock start ticking to the end of the task.

For me nice addition with "not must have" components to gain, between the adventures xD
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On my main, I am still around level 11 in Leathercrafting and the only thing I use are the pants/shirts (which are level 30 items)... I don't do Dungeons so this seems the only source for them.

On my alts, who are leveling slower (or, rather, they do more crafting through Gateway and spend less time playing because they are alts).... their crafting skill is ALSO around 10 - 11 or so, and I find that the +2 (green quality) crafted items are actually marginally better than the looted gear I had. That won't last, I imagine.

I haven't really looked too closely at the higher level crafting stuff but since I don't care for PvP or dungeon crawling with a group, I'm hoping that it'll be possible to craft some acceptable improvement gear for my level 60.
  • castertroyt79castertroyt79 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    thanks for letting me know what to look forward at max profession.