test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why does the cleric gear have life steal?

octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
How does it benefit us at all?

Edit: Meant PvP gear
Post edited by octopusbreadguy on

Comments

• Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mine doesn't. Mine has crit, recovery, and power.
  • Options
    pinchzpinchz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    The gear you're looking at is known as "trash gear", which serves to get your hopes up about a drop but then be let down when you actually look at the stats.
  • Options
    octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Mine doesn't. Mine has crit, recovery, and power.

Why even post this?
  • Options
    sodomo90sodomo90 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PVP gear along with a few PvE pieces have lifesteal. Like the stormcaller's chest it also has crit and recovery. Cleric's heal themselves 40% less than they do other targets. We also gain divinity from doing damage, and casting heals granted you were smart enough to take that passive. We also attack which in return puts a debuff on the target, which heals people who hit that target. On top of that we also give all group members nearby our target a small amount of temporary HP. All of our heals are CD based, and can not be endlessly spammed until a stat pool hinders us from doing so. With those points being said you are most likely going to be

1. Using LMB or RMB while you have cd's
    orrrrr
    2. moving out of red skill markers on the ground

sooo by this point im wondering why you're crying about pvp gear having lifesteal on it.

Resilience, tenacity, or wtf ever you wanna call a stat thats found on pvp gear in 90% of mmorpg's serves the purpose of survivability. even though LS is a pretty useless stat overall (dunno what it's like with a full set because im stacking other stats and couldn't be bothered), but I do not see the use in making a butt-hurt useless stat thread
  • Options
    trichinosistrichinosis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The PvP gear for clerics is not as good as the Tier 1 PvE gear unfortunately. That coupled with the PvP rogue imbalance it is wonderful.
  • Options
    arkanoidearkanoide Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I totally agree with pinchz. All your glory points go to waste because you can only spend it in trash gear.
    I look on several topics on pvp gear and I found this post very interesting.
    Lifesteal is seriously the worst stat in the game for a cleric. Cleric's already have the lowest damage output of any class; then add to that the fact that cleric's spend about 30% of their time actively healing (so doing no damage), and spend another 30-60% of their time either kiting or in a control spell (in PvP), so they barely do any damage output at all, so even if lifesteal was a good stat (it's currently horribly under-budget compared to other defensive stats), lifesteal won't do much of anything for a cleric.

That lifesteal on the cleric gear should be converted to defense (so there would be defense x2, recovery, and power) or regeneration for the cleric PvP gear to be worth using.

It seems that cleric is not the single class to have trash PVP gear... According to some peoples that play those classes.
  • Options
    ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, when I first looked at DC pvp gear, I was all like "Life steal? seriously?" Because clerics:
    a) can heal themselvesbetter with spells,
    b)can do damage (not THAT much but still), however, that happpens mostly when running solo (when with team, DC is usually more usefull healing and buffing/debuffing)
  • Options
    whistlingdixiewhistlingdixie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I'm wondering if the people who complain about the Life Steal have actually used it. I just got my last piece of T2 GG gear today, and I'm not going to lie, I actually like the Life Steal. It heals you for a lot more than I think most people realize. The real killer for me is that it doesn't have any crit rating. If it swapped Recovery for Crit, I wouldn't think it was nearly so bad. It would definitely by my healing set. With the extra divinity and 5% healing, it's probably better than Miracle Healer. It actually might become my healing set anyway, I'll stack some Crit on my stone. I've been using High Prophet to help with debuffing things, but the Life Steal turns out to add a lot to survivability. I usually don't have a problem keep anyone but myself alive.

With Righteousness, our heals are NOT better Life Steal. Unlike Repurpose Soul, Life Steal works for all powers, all the time, at all distances. We have a lot of AoE and it's easy to rack up some sizable heals with Daunting Light or Searing Light. The Life Steal of the T2 GG set gives 8.9%. Add that up over several targets.

I think one big thing is that everyone else has Life Steal, too. I actually wouldn't be surprised if a rogue's Life Steal doesn't heal him for more than our self-heals after Righteousness. I mean think about it. If they hit you with a 20k Lashing Blade, at 12% Life Steal, they healed for 2.4k. Does your Divine Healing word or Bastion heal YOU for that much? They're getting more healing than us with just Life Steal. And we're healers. It's a sad joke, but at least if you also have Life Steal, you've evened the playing field a little bit.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Lol @ clerics saying PvP GG gear is trash...no wonder it is hard to find decent ones these days.

Sure...getting more divinity and giving your whole party life steal with your link spirit is trash..
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Lifesteal in PvE may be useful if your personal survivability is an issue (?!), though highly dependent on your playstyle and whistlingdixie certainly does not play like most Clerics.

It is, however, garbage in PvP. As a fresh 60, you are far better off with a set of Regen blues + Deflection pieces.

There is no GG set with more trash stats than DC's. At least GWF's and GF's offer just one more choice, even if its mediocre compared to their other sets. TR and CW GG sets, by contrast, are amazing for them!
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    I play PvE only, solo pretty much all quests, and I find the lifesteal from my auction-snatched PvP gear to be fabulous. When you have a debuff to self-healing and can't waste encounter slots on heal-only spells, having EVERYTHING be a heal helps to make up for it a little.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR