test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skill convo choices

arkaininarkainin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hey I was wanting to have more non combat skills used in my convo then just the one class specific in game one. Think it would be cool to add them myself, or would it just look awkward... example tree blow.

The man stands still, aloof and undisturbed. He is blocking your way into the back room.

- (Bluff) Hey friend, I think I saw some one digging around behind the bar a moment ago.

- (Bribe) So.. what will it take to get back in that room. We both know I want in and am not going away. So say we try 20 gold?

Each skill option would have a different tree and convo options... so what do you all think?

Comments

• dadeleviathandadeleviathan Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    It would an interesting aspect, but you have to remember that Neverwinter doesn't utilize any of those stereotypical DnD skills. As such, it may be better to simply list them as is. i.e.:

(lie) Hey friend, I think I saw....
    (bribe) So... what will it take to...

etc. All you will get from listing them as the typical skills (i.e. bluff, diplomacy, etc) is nostalgia from some people. However, do remember that the dialogue trees in Neverwinter are not put together amazingly well. So the bigger it is, the harder it is to edit.