test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The State of PvP: A Tale of Two Matches

shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I just played two PvP matches.

In the first one, as I was capping the center point, I thought I might be lagging. Nobody was capturing the enemy point, and no enemies were coming to the center. After capping, I rode to the final point with my team and capped that, too. At the enemy spawn there was a team of one player and his four AFK bots, each with "afkbot" right in their names. It was a fast match, and I even got the top score, but I also discovered that I could find no report button in the game, with the exception of reporting spam, which obviously doesn't help me. Am I to request GM assistance for every botter I find? I took a screenshot of the scoreboard with all the account names in it, but I don't know what to do with it.

The second match went much better, but demonstrated just how broken the scoring system was. The entire enemy team focused almost exclusively on getting kills. They would leave the point to chase people down, and if one of us was back capping, most or all of their team would leave the center point to come after us, sometimes even shooting at us from a distance instead of attempting to block the capture. By the end of the match, every single one of their players had a higher score than every single one of our players. I had the top score on our team with 0 kills, 8 deaths, and 5 assists, and my team's combined kill count was only 5 kills. I assume we got bonus glory for winning, but the bonus items must have gone to the losers. What's more important? Winning, or getting a high score? (The answer should be fun, but currently we're not even close.) Gaining points is so completely different from doing well that points might as well be removed.

PvP is a state. I know it's "beta", but seriously? This is stuff that could have been predicted the moment it was conceived.
Post edited by shroommage on

Comments

• pantamimepantamime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea its funny how you can win the match even if the other team has more points. It just goes to prove how meaningless concentrating on kills is. Yea they got the items but winning the glory is far better imo. You can get items from pretty much anything else in the game, I dont care about getting item from pvp, its all about the win and the glory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PVPer rocking it Solo queue style since the dawn of Neverwinter
  • maebeknotmaebeknot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The PVP in this game reminds me of Arathi Basin in WoW. People are to stupid and just want to PewPew the enemy instead of focusing on the objectives to win. Hell wow even tried giving bonus honor when you stood at these capture points but people still would often not fight on them. Really take the win as a "you were smarter then your enemy and that is why you won". As I see it you "pwned some noobs". Get some friends and queue up and you will have some fun laughing at them and getting some free glory.
  • shroommageshroommage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maebeknot wrote: »
    Really take the win as a "you were smarter then your enemy and that is why you won". As I see it you "pwned some noobs". Get some friends and queue up and you will have some fun laughing at them and getting some free glory.

Oh, don't get me wrong. We definitely deserved that win. I even screencapped the scoreboard because of how hilarious it was that they got so many points and we barely even had any kills. I just think your individual score should reflect your actual performance. As it is, bad players are likely to chase after meaningless points as long as those points exist.