test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My first quest!

xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hi everyone. My first attempt at making a quest / dungeon. If anyone would like to review it / give feedback I'd appreciate it! I will be happy to run / review your dungeon in return.

Name:Tomb of Talanos
ID: NW-DGZ62JVB3
Designed for solo play. Combat is fairly challenging.
#Story, #Combat

Thanks in advance to anyone who gives it a shot

JnfU90S.jpg
Post edited by xivilyn on

Comments

• xivilynxivilyn Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    hmmm no one attempted it yet, anyone wanna give it a shot? :P
    edited May 2013
    haha sure thing ill try it now
  • hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Just played through, rated and reviewed.

Your dungeon was very enjoyable, with some exciting encounters. I was hoping that the finale would have been a big boss encounter.

By the way, how did you create your golems?
    edited May 2013
    Nice, thank you :)
    I am waiting for a friend or two to try yours since it's a 3-5 man but i will try it as soon as I can with them!

The golems are just ogre's reskinned as bone golems :P

I ran out of resources to put more mobs in but I can try to figure out how to do a last boss encounter, thanks for the feedback
  • hardrokkahardrokka Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Spawning multiple elite mobs around you and a big "boss" mob after the last dialogue would do the trick nicely.
  • yoshitheblmyoshitheblm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll try yours when I get a chance. Check mine out too, the code is NW-DTCQAWOM3 and the name is "The Quest for Magic - Part 1".
  • atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Just ran yours, here's my impressions:

- Waaay more combat than I was expecting. When I see a description say something is soloable, I'm not expecting 2-3 encounters stacked on top of each other. The undead in the western crypt in particular seemed very crowded. That said, I did make it through solo without fatalities, so it's manageable.

- I liked the ritual room: Nice effects, the sound ambience in particular was cool.

- Kobolds seemed a little out of place. There didn't seem to be a reason for them to be there

- I really liked the alternate ending ability. While I ended up going with the "kill the lich" ending, it's nice to know that there's an alternative (I didn't explore it, though, so I can't say that it actually works)
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D
    edited May 2013
    hardrokka wrote: »
    Just played through, rated and reviewed.

Your dungeon was very enjoyable, with some exciting encounters. I was hoping that the finale would have been a big boss encounter.

By the way, how did you create your golems?

Great remake of the map. Really liked the puzzles. You might want to make a note that it is soloable but only if you're brave that type of thing. More people might try it, I had to run it a cpl times solo because I'm dumb and managed to somehow skip the review process the first 2 times lol
    edited May 2013
    atiaxi wrote: »
    Just ran yours, here's my impressions:

- Waaay more combat than I was expecting. When I see a description say something is soloable, I'm not expecting 2-3 encounters stacked on top of each other. The undead in the western crypt in particular seemed very crowded. That said, I did make it through solo without fatalities, so it's manageable.

- I liked the ritual room: Nice effects, the sound ambience in particular was cool.

- Kobolds seemed a little out of place. There didn't seem to be a reason for them to be there

- I really liked the alternate ending ability. While I ended up going with the "kill the lich" ending, it's nice to know that there's an alternative (I didn't explore it, though, so I can't say that it actually works)

Thanks for the feedback!
    edited May 2013
    Based on feedback I made several changes. The quest is a bit longer now and has an end boss. Also made it more solo-friendly. Thanks to those who tried it and for the feedback.
  • piperinhopiperinho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When you first talk to Aeria Talanos is spelled wrong in the dialogue. (Tanalos) I don't know if that is intentional. Same thing happens when you speak to Talanos too. Good quest i enjoyed it.
    edited May 2013
    piperinho wrote: »
    When you first talk to Aeria Talanos is spelled wrong in the dialogue. (Tanalos) I don't know if that is intentional. Same thing happens when you speak to Talanos too. Good quest i enjoyed it.

Missed that, thanks!