test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon leavers - locked parties

mainchapmainchap Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I recently hit level 30 and queued up for the Lair of the Mad Dragon - the first dungeon that actually held some challenge for the final boss.

However it was somewhat ruined as someone ended up going AFK about halfway into the dungeon and ended up having to be kicked when we got to the end gate, of course as one of the first tough bosses.. we ended up getting annihilated.

Now this is the part where its most annoying, whilst someone went AFK and got kicked - either because they had to rush off the PC for a real-life issue, or some other reason, because its not possible to re-queue as your current party and have the matchmaking service allow a new person to join your instance - we had to quit and not complete the dungeon.

I tried to invite a guild-mate that was a bit higher level to help out, but a message popped up "You cannot invite anyone to join this queue instance" - close to that anyway.

Are there any plans to allow people to invite others after starting a dungeon? or at least to add the ability to look for another person or two if people leave the party.

TL:DR
Started dungeon, person went AFK - kicked before boss. We died and had to call it quits because you can't invite people to join your queue instance or re-queue the group and get a randomer to join via matchmaking.

P.S
Wasn't sure where to post this, couldn't see a feedback area so this is a bit of feedback, bit of general discussion..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spectre | Iron-Pulse Officer | Visit us at http://www.iron-pulse.com and YouTube
IGN & Handle: Spek Demoneye@Mainchap
Post edited by mainchap on

Comments

• Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    Agree. This happened to a guildie of mine a while ago.

I couldn't join as their replacement cleric.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • Options
    kurohadakurohada Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has annoyed me so much in the last two days.
    Matchmaking system needs some serious changes, and this should be the first.I ended up wasting 30-50 minutes in dungeons which can not be completed due to lack of members.
  • Options
    sedaiyussedaiyus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kurohada wrote: »
    This has annoyed me so much in the last two days.
    Matchmaking system needs some serious changes, and this should be the first.I ended up wasting 30-50 minutes in dungeons which can not be completed due to lack of members.

It is January 21st 2014. This issue has been present long before this thread was posted, I have had a friend already report it before in the threads and have seen a few of these threads already.

<<Remainder of post redacted per section I of RoC>>
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The queue now replaces people who leave group. This is why you don't necro threads....
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Closed for necro, as the issue addressed in the OP has been rendered moot. I'll also reiterate the point that feedback needs to be constructive, and the feedback given in previous posts hardly qualifies as such. Insulting or being derogatory to devs or staff is not tolerated.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.