test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The enchantment system has to change

emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
DISCLAIMER: This is NOT a rant about the cash shop, this is a suggestion for making the enchantment system better.

Please keep this thread constructive.

I want to start out by saying that I am fully enjoying playing Neverwinter a couple of hours each day. I will very likely reach max level this weekend, but I am not looking forward to the hassle of weapon and armor enchantments.

The current system in place is far too restrictive. I know that it is possible to get the maximum possible shards without paying a dime, but the time commitment required to do so is staggering.

My suggestion: Make the Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation drop a guaranteed Coalescent Ward(once per account, maybe?), if not each week, every other week. This way your faithful players are rewarded for their commitment, and those that want to can still pay for it.

Granted, my suggested method is exploitable by people who take the time to create multiple accounts, level at least one character to eleven on each account, and log in to every account daily, but the current method has the same weakness.

The chance at one is great, but they are going to be a necessary commodity for both end game PvP and PvE. With the current system, players will have to get ridiculously lucky and log in daily for months straight, or spend copious amounts of real money to get these enchants. If it is left as is, there is little to no chance of a competitive end game scene in this game.
Post edited by emalore on

Comments

• stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention the fact that the preservation wards can still fail. I used two of them on one fusion attempt and both of them failed. Yes, I realize this isn't a huge deal because it returns the 4 pieces to you but that right there should numb the arguments of anyone coming in here with "durr hurr you can pray for seven days and have a chance at the fusion guaranteed blue ward!!" We all know the drop chances of those are in the "highly unlikely" department due to how much of a potential cash grab this system really is.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    OP pre-emptively makes it clear this is not a cash shop rant…

… just to go ahead and post a suggestion to make a cash shop item easy to get in-game.

ISEEWHATUDIDTHAR
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    OP pre-emptively makes it clear this is not a cash shop rant…

… just to go ahead and post a suggestion to make a cash shop item easy to get in-game.

ISEEWHATUDIDTHAR

Most, if not all of the cash shop rants are about mounts, bags, and respec fees. This is something extremely cleverly hidden from 90% of the game and only truly revealed when you hit endgame. Or when you read into this game more and find out things like this

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    It's already 'easy' to get without paying. My suggestion would only make it slightly more common. People are going to need many Coalescent wards if they want to take end game PvE or PvP seriously, I would only like to see it be more feasible for players that can't afford the hundreds of dollars required currently.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    emalore wrote: »
    It's already 'easy' to get without paying. My suggestion would only make it slightly more common. People are going to need many Coalescent wards if they want to take end game PvE or PvP seriously, I would only like to see it be more feasible for players that can't afford the hundreds of dollars required currently.

You certainly don't need max rank enchants for PvE, no. Not for PvP either, just bring skill, although I can at least somewhat sympathise with the PvP argument.
  • emaloreemalore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited May 2013
    You certainly don't need max rank enchants for PvE, no. Not for PvP either, just bring skill, although I can at least somewhat sympathise with the PvP argument.
    While not, technically, necessary they are something that anyone who considers themselves serious about end game content would, and should, strive to get.

Making them nearly impossible to get for the average player, paying or not, only serves to alienate a majority of the potential end game competitive scene.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013

if X person and Y person have equal skill, then it comes down to gear...and while this can be argued to never or rarely happen when you balance pvp, you always assume that both parties are high tier skill facing off against each other. Is why some classes in mmo's feel weak and yet are considered #1 pvp classes. In hands of an unskilled player they dont preform well, but in hands of a skilled player the tend to be high tier.

So no this is a legit concern...also grinding over a mill AD for 1 blue ward is beyond staggering... i am under a sneaking suspician that come a month or two AD will become a rare thing indeed, as people use it for either zen conversions or, buy stuff in game. Less people will be likly to spend money on AD and stuff just end up rare as sin because of the low amount you can grind outside of AH playing.